main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New TFA stuff from EW

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Luukeskywalker, Nov 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. loki41872

loki41872 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002

I used to look like season 1 Commander Riker. Sadly, now I look more like Walter White. But my avatar is really me, and we all look good in armor, baby.

2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Huh, well you didn't answer my other two questions. Choose your answers wisely

3. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

Do you teach chemistry? One of our science teachers is a pretty good Walter White lookalike and dressed up as him one Halloween. It was pretty darn funny!

4. Sithians

Sithians Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 15, 2015
    Oooh I have pics Claire....lol...I grew up reading LOTR in Boarding School, do I qualify?

5. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I guess. What are your opinions on the films and the Hobbit franchise?
    Did this thread just turn into a matchmaking service?

6. Sithians

Sep 15, 2015
    No one can be sure of anything at this point. None of us have been blessed with the opportunity to see this film as of yet

7. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002
    I read the books, probably before you were born. And I enjoyed the films. Except for the Hobbit ones. Although I did enjoy Cumberbatch's Smaug.

8. Sithians

Sep 15, 2015
    Loved the films, all 3 of them, it brought middle earth to life. I was 8 when I first read the Hobbit then Fellowship. I really enjoyed Jackson's vision as it shadowed my own....it took me back to my childhood. I was older when I read Towers, King, and Simarillion. The Hobbit was good in my opinion, not great. I didn't feel as though 3 films were necessary. I enjoyed Desolation of Smaug though.

9. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Incorrect answer. The hobbit films never existed and I refuse to allow them to taint the epicness that is LOTR!

Anywho, back onto TFA.....I still want more new stills, and I have moved onto believing that Hux no longer exists till we see some footage of him. :p

Vehgah likes this.
  10. Sithians

Sep 15, 2015
    I concur, I loved Cumberbatch as Smaug!

11. Sithians

Sep 15, 2015
    Again, good not great for the Hobbit films, they didn't capture the imaginative child in me...will good abs make up for it?..lol

12. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002

Oh... were we talking about Star Wars? I thought we were arranging an awkward and uncomfortable Dragon*Con date!

And no, I don't teach chemestry. But I CAN cook.

13. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
  14. BloodStripe

BloodStripe Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    Nice dodge. You complain about the premise of the film, saying it doesn't work. Other folks chime in, giving examples of how it potentially could work. You claim those as great ideas. So, what's to complain about?

15. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    As much as I love the Cumberbatch, the final 30 min of Desolation of Smaug was terrible. Hobbit 1 was OK, not great. I like Hobbit 3, even though it pretty freely interpreted the book.

LOTR, however, is sacred celluloid!

16. Sithians

Sep 15, 2015
    Not dodging anything, I can't make a determination if it does or doesn't work. I haven't seen the film. I merely stated I was concerned. I'm not so close minded as to not be able to see things from all angles. Only those of you who want to deal with absolutes and wish to be argumentative take issue with someone saying they have a concern. I never said it's going to suck etc.

17. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    Darth Claire just made some people forget a whole trilogy.[face_rofl]

18. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    New TFA stuff from EW :confused:

19. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It's da power of the Darth Claire!

Darth Dookacas likes this.
  20. loki41872

Dec 13, 2002

WHERE?

21. BloodStripe

BloodStripe Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 16, 1999
    This is what you said:

You expressed a strong opinion. Others disagreed with it. Having heard their arguments, do you still hold the same opinion, and if so, why?

I mean, if you basically consider it to still be Schrodinger's Movie at this point, why bother expressing any "concerns" at all?

22. Sithians

Sep 15, 2015
    "Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, and Leia would be as good as myth,” Abrams says. “They’d be as old and as mythic as the tale of King Arthur. They would be characters who they may have heard of, but maybe not. They’d be characters who they might believe existed, or just sounded like a fairy tale."

My issue is this. The Galaxy has been in a state of civil war which I'm sure would have cause and effect on many star systems and planets. Information travels quickly in times of crisis. As old and mythic a tale as King Arthur is a far stretch. We are talking 30 or so years later where the same conflict is basically still going on. Not centuries later. In my opinion, this is far fetched and JJ lost some credibility with me from this statement alone from my point of view in telling this story. There is the argument that people will underestimate what the audience knows vs what the galaxy knows. To me, this is why I have a concern. The audience knows everything and the galaxy knows little. It just feel a bit odd to me from that point of view. Just my opinion. I hope to see this film and love it.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Well that was weird.

24. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    It's early AM here. What are the chances the gas stations or Wally World have the issue out already?

25. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    Anything new happening with EW today?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.