main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Theory! Palpatine Created Anakin & Luke!!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by TheJediReturns, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheJediReturns

TheJediReturns Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2006
    I posted this in the PT forum and for some strange reason it got bumped down to SW Community.
    Why? I don't know except I think I may have opened a true can of worms with this analysis and may hay have discovered the true key to the whole saga. Everyone who read it over there was genuinely suprised and impressed with my study to the point that now I KNOW I have stumbled onto something and after watching TPM & AOTC again last night I have no doubt! Based on this analysis, I enjoyed these two movies so much more as a story. The only thing is now it's really sad and creepy watching it using this information.
    This is my original essay I posted a few days ago:

Alright, just roll with me on this one. Because I've thought this out thouroughly. This takes watching very subtle things in the PT(particularly ROTS)to see where I'm going and if you watch the film from this perspective, it makes everything make so much more sense. Here goes: The key to figuring out what Palpatine is really all about lies in his ability to see into the future. Using the dark side gives you this ability and he uses it better than anybody, but as is life, you can plan all you want, but life can change in a heartbeat. This was Palpatine's one true weakness. He thought he had mastered this to a science, but the force has it's own plans.
    After killing his master, he knew how to create life through the Midi's. He knew this would afford him a fantastic power. He was a Sith Lord and knew he had to have an apprentice. But if he can create life, why not create his own apprentice whom he could control? He puts this plan in motion, but it will take time. Over twenty years at least to bring it to it's full fruition the way he needs it to. He also knows he can't do the training as he is also trying to make moves to take over the Republic. He cannot show his dark side hand at this point in any way shape or form. He must stay behind the scenes and use a different name: Darth Sidious. So, he uses the Jedi to accomplish this task of training his own, final apprentince (HIS chosen one). Now, keep in mind, he is also seeing into the future how things will play out. So, he must act accordingly and plan accordingly. So, he uses the Midi's to plant a seed in a slave woman that no one will suspect anything of. He can even plot on the approximate time when the Jedi will discover him. As he makes moves on the Trade Federation on the political side, this will move the Jedi in the direction he needs. He has his bases covered on all sides. In the meantime he uses other Sith apprentices that he knows will not be around for long. They are not what he truly wants. But he's biding his time. Once Anakin is aquired and becomes a Jedi, now things start being put into motion. But something enters Palpatine vision that disturbs him as the years go on. Something deadly will enter the picture with his future apprentice Anakin. Something that could posiibly kill him. How can this be? The important thing is it can be seen and he has seen it, so what to do now? Ok, this all has to add up somehow, so he thinks of a back up plan just in case. Who can he plant another seed in to create a new life? He also starts to believe that it's not Anakin who will ultimately be his chosen one but he is neccessary to get to the chosen one. This new life is what he can deem as his REAL chosen one. He doesn't see any danger with this life. So, he plants the new life in the person closest to Anakin....
    Padme.
    The woman he is so in love with and even makes his wife.

The whole point to this is ultimate power and if Palpatine has anything, he has patience and he's very methodical. He knows some sacrifices have to made, but if it gets him to his ultimate destination, he'll go through it.
    If you go on this theory, it explains so many plot points especially in ROTS, like when Palps says "Lord Vader is in trouble." He's not saying this as an alert. He's saying it as if to say, "It's coming to pass. Time to go into motion on plan B". Or the parallel to this in AOTC as to how the clones come

2. Darth_Mongoulus

Darth_Mongoulus Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 2, 2005
    I'm out of darts, so I'll just say that it's a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle far fetched. But it's not the craziest thing I've heard on this board. Like the "Mace Windu is a traitor" theorys. cheers.

3. Knight-8311

Knight-8311 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2006
    I will always look at Star Wars in a slightly different light from now on. That does make a lot fo sense ecspeciall about the suit thing and how Palpatine never went off on Vader so much. It may not be true and I am sure George Lucas would be amused by it but very good analysis.

4. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  5. TheJediReturns

Aug 17, 2006
    rumsmuggler,
    Boy, some people have a hard time accepting the truth.
    I guess you'll jump off the weather vane next trying to escape. You see what happened to Luke, right? ;)

I'm not ego-tripping or anything else. I just know that this theory makes watching the films so much easier. Things that use to perplex me now make sense and doesn't take anything from the films except the creepiness of Palpatine pulling the strings on everyone and everyone looking a little more foolish thinking they have it all under control.

Here's some more examples:

Right at the begginning of TPM, Obi Wan, of all people, senses something is seriously wrong. And this is why this line probabaly resonates so strongly through the entire saga.

Obi Wan: I have a bad feeling about this.

Qui-Gon: I don't sense anything.

Obi Wan: It's not about the mission, master. It's something elsewhere...elusive.

He even continues to say that Yoda tells him to be "mindful" of the future.
    Qui-Gon bucks this line of thinking trying to play the rebellious Jedi who does what he wants. They're all wrong, I'm right! And this is his ultimate undoing.
    This is why Yoda and Obi Wan survive the Jedi Purge in the first place. Because they were the only two who were sort of ahead of the eightball on this. I believe Obi Wan was that Jedi who was very smart and very strong, but for some reason(probably just fear and seeing how things went for Qui-Gon being rebellious) didn't want to go against the grain when neccessary. He never wanted to make waves and he paid a heavy price for it. This is why he's so different in the OT. Because he learned that nothing is just one way. You have to take what you need to fit the situation. It's impossible to stick to one set of rules ALL the time. He was representative of where the Jedi Order's head was at during this period. But he also knew as individual that something was wrong and it was imminent. Qui Gon's arrogance blinded his judgement.
    If you feel something is seriously wrong, it probably is.

The thing that is tricky is you have to think like Palpatine is thinking to understand what is REALLY going on throughout the films.
    He's playing everybody! Even his apprentice, Darth Maul. When he acts like he's dissapointed in front of the TF, it's all an act because he already knows how this stuff is going to play out. He can see the final outcome. If Maul is not in that vision, then he knows he is not going to be around nor does he really even want him around. When he pumps up Maul's ego telling him how good he is. It's all an act because he knows Maul will not survive. Maul is a means to an end for him. Someone to do his dirty work. Until he gets to where he wants to be as a Sith, he can't keep these apprentices around too long anyway because he doesn't want them to end up caught by the Jedi where a trace can be made back to him. More than likely they may know Palps and Sidious are one and the same. Dooku did. This is why the Jedi could never figure out who the Sith was and he was always right under their nose. The very FIRST person he reveals himself to who is not a Sith is who?

Anakin Skywalker.

Also in TPM, when he is Darth Sidious, he acts angry that the Jedi were brought into the matter and now he must "accelerate" hs plans. But in the very next scene as Palpatine, he says the Jedi should have arrived and he has assurances from the Chancellor. You must remember Sidious is apart of the Republic's inner circle! He's already infiltrated on the inside as a mild mannered Senator! Sidious already knew the Jedi were coming and WANTED them to come and KNEW as a force user that the TF would never be able to destroy them. "Kill them, immediately." means nothing. He's putting on an act.
    Once the Jedi enter into the equation, this will escalate the conflict and cause what will ultimately end up being a full scale battle on Naboo. Just what Palpatine wants. This will reveal the Chancellor is ineffective and set things up where he can be elected as the new Chancellor. His key operative in all of this?

Padme

6. the_immolated_one

the_immolated_one Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2006
    The problem with your hypothosis is that Yoda and Obi-Wan think like Qui-Gon in the OT. Let us look at the rest of the dialogue and compare it to Yoda's dialogue in Episode V.

Episode I:
    "Don't center on your anxiety, Obi-Wan"

"But Master Yoda says I should be mindfull of the future."

"But not at the expense of the moment. Keep your focus here and now where it belongs."

Episode V:
    "A long time this one have I watched. All his life has he looked away to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing."

You see how Yoda's perspective has changed since the days of the PT. That's because Yoda has changed. Qui-Gon was right. Qui-Gon was willing to be open minded and willing to change in the days when the Old Jedi Order was not. That is why Qui-Gon believed in the chosen one when the others did not.

I can't go along with this because in The Phantom Menace novelization Darth Sidious is vexed by the loss of Darth Maul:

...Years of training had gone into the preparation of Darth Maul as a Sith Lord. He had been more than able to defeat them easily. It was bad luck and chance that had led to his death, a combination that even the power of the dark side could not always overcome.

See if Darth Sidious truly knew Darth Maul was going to be killed then why does he think it's bad luck or chance? But see it wasn't bad l

7. TheJediReturns

Aug 17, 2006
    See, you're basing everything on the literal text of what you hear and what is seen on the surface. Just because Palpatine never speaks of his plan or what he can forsee doesn't mean he's not doing it. It's far more likely that he is doing it than not. There is no way that all he wanted to do was have Padme sign the treaty. What would this accomplish? The TF having control of the planet? He would still just a Senator and the events that unfold later would never come to pass.
    As far as the books. I don't buy into them because that was written by another individual and it was before GL officially wrote the other two films. The story was still fleashing itself out. If you go by books, Owen is Obi Wan's brother! The books are pretty much fluff and are more connected to EU than anything else. If anybody knows there is no such thing as luck or coincedence, it's Palpatine. He is a force user, he knows just as much as the Jedi if not more.
    The thing about Yoda's thinking changing I think is a combination of both what Qui-Gon had said and his own thinking combined. He hasn't totally converted to Qui-Gon's line of thinking because he was wrong on some things. The force guided them to Anakin because the force knew Anakin had a greater potential for danger than anything else and maybe he could be trained to counter the chaos that was coming. But as we see, it didn't happen. Anakin was not the chosen one, I believe. The only one who used individual thought and made his own decision was Luke and he made the right decision. He caused the events to transpire to cause Palpatine's demise. I don't believe there was a chosen one. The force just worked to get itself back into balance after Palpatine was able to gain enough power throw it out. Palpatine was like a disease that infected the entire galaxy and the force had to figure out a way to heal itself. Luke ended up being that medicine. But it could have went either way for him because of his origins.
    You have to go behind the words when watching these films. look at other motivations other than what you see.

"You're eyes can decieve you. Don't trust them."

8. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  9. Knight-8311

Knight-8311 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2006
    A lot of the OT books are not accurate like you said according to them Owen Lars and Obi-wan are brothers and Anakin never met Yoda.

10. Lord_of_Light

Lord_of_Light Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2006
    I'd bet that Palpsy created Anakin, but, assuming the EU is true, there is a scene where Luke and Leia are concieved in the Clone Wars Cartoons, or so I've been told. Also, think of it from the all knowing perspective of the movie watcher: why would George hide this fact from us when Ep. 3 came out? It makes no sense.

11. the_immolated_one

Sep 24, 2006
    No I'm not bashing everything on a literal text. You're just becoming defensive because people are picking apart your interpretation, but that's the risk you take when you put an idea out there for others to respond to. The truth is Sidious is furious that the treaty was not signed, we can see that. The truth is the audience does not know why the signing of the treaty was so important to Sidious. We do know that the treaty will make the invasion legal, but we do not know as to how it will help Sidious achieve his goals. The truth is you're wrong about Sidious being able to see into the future in Episode I. It is so obvious that Sidious' original plan was thwarted by the actions of the good guys, however, Palpatine was still able to make the best of the situation.

Qui-Gon was not wrong about Anakin being the chosen one. Anakin is the chosen one, that's why he was created without a father.

I do. Where you're failing is thinking that Palpatine's powers of manipulation spring from an ability to see the future all laid out in great detail. I biggest hole in the "Sith created Anakin" theory is why did Sidious need to create a fake transmission of Governor Sio Bibble to trace the location of the Queen's ship. See if Sidious created Anakin and it was always his plan to bring Anakin into the equation then that means Sidious would have told the TF to cripple the Queen's ship in such a way that they would only be able to make it to Tatooine and no further, and if that was the case then why did Sidious need to create a fake transmission of Sio Bibble to find the location of the Queen's ship if Sidious already knew where the Queen's ship was going?
    The thing is you believe the Force to be aware, to have sentience, then if that's the case, then you see Star Wars as a story of fatalism. Fatalism being that somethings in the story of Star Wars have greater cosmic purposes. What you're overlooking is that perhaps Anakin was guided to go to the dark side for a some greater purpose. Perhaps Anakin truly is and always was the savior, and perhaps, like many of the saviors from our stories, Anakin had to suffer for his people. See as Darth Vader, Anakin suffers.

12. TheJediReturns

Aug 17, 2006
    immolated,
    I'm not being defensive, just trying to open your thinking a little farther.

You said:
    The truth is Sidious is furious that the treaty was not signed, we can see that.

Is that what you really saw or did you see someone putting on an act to keep them thinking that was what he really wanted. It's a diversionary tactic. Keep their minds off of what is really happening. Palpatine wanted war, plain and simple. If there is no war, he cannot achieve the goals he sets out to accomplish. This is part of what created the Separatists. He needed to have the TF on the outs with him so they could go running to who? Count Dooku. Who is Count Dooku under?

Darth Sidious.

Explain to me why he had Dooku put in an order for a clone army a full TEN years before there is ever any major conflict? If he is determined to bring peace and sanctity back to the Republic as he tells Padme, why do this? Because as Darth Sidious he is DETERMINED to set off events to cause a major war. One of his biggest coups is when he is given emergency powers and the clone army is implemented. This is what he wants! This is a step away from his ultimate goal: to gain complete control of the Republic and then the galaxy.

See, this is a man (or whatever he was) who had things completely covered from all sides so no one could escape his wrath. And part of this was accomplished by being able to foresee things. I never said he could see future events in great detail. Quite the contrary. He can foresee future outcomes. His problem in later life was he relied to heavily on this and became too comfortable in it. This is why he couldn't see Luke doing what he did, or chose not to. He was drunk and comfortable on his own power.
    And Luke even warned him:

"Your overconfidence is your weakness."

That is what usually brings down people who become too powerful.

Don't give Anakin a Jesus complex. Because if that were so, he'd be the ONLY one suffering and it would be for the greater good. He would've sacrificed his own well-being to save everyone. Anakin did none of this. He was selfish, greedy and evil and he paid for it as did the galaxy. The galaxy suffered for HIS sins. And the ONLY reason he lived was why?

Darth Sidious.

It all goes back to Darth Sidious.

The title of Episode 4 is called "A New Hope". Who is the new hope for?
    The galaxy or Sidious?

13. TheJediReturns

Aug 17, 2006
    Here's another example of Palpatine's ruling hand:

In AOTC, When Anakin goes off to find his mother and discovers her in the Sandpeople's Hut, don't you find it a little odd that she was able to stay alive ALL that time and then when Anakin shows up, she suddenly dies? Why? Because like Padme's death, Palpatine is controlling her "will to live" Palpatine is keeping her alive until Anakin can show up and then BAM snuff the life out of her in front of his very eyes. I believe Anakin may have been the first Jedi ever to commit murder and allow his dark side emotion to surface to that extent. This is why he is so perplexed at what happened and asks Padme the question, "Why did she have to die? I know I could've saved her!"
    Yeah, Anakin, you could've saved her had Palpatine not sucked her life away. Sound familiar? Notice that Shmi and Padme almost die in the same manner, in someone's arms trying to spout out their final words. Shmi doesn't even get "I love you" out before she goes. Anakin's descent toward the darkside has begun. And Anakin isn't even present to hear Padme say what she said. He goes on the next twenty years thinking he killed her.
    Or does he?
    I know he felt strongly that he DIDN'T kill her when Palps first tells him. The thing with Vader is we never know how he truly feels or what's going on in his mind in regards to his feelings for his "master". He's trapped and he knows it and MUST do his bidding. Anything he does outwardly against him and the plug gets pulled, so he may biding time also... just like the Emperor. The only difference is Vader is in the dark about so much and Palps knows everything that is happening.

14. the_immolated_one

Sep 24, 2006
    Like I said the biggest hole in the "Sith created Anakin" theory is why did Sidious and Maul need a fake transmission of Governor Sio Bibble to find the location of the Queen's ship if everything that transpired in Episode I was all according to Sidious' design? I see you completely bypassed that and jumped right into Episode II. If the Sith created Anakin then why create him on some backwater planet and not even look after him? If the Sith created Anakin then why let him become the property of anyone who pays for him? The Sith would have no control of where he is, what is being done to him. If Gardulla is anything like her fellow Hutt, Jabba, on a whim she might have killed little Anakin. So why would the Sith take that chance? The whole "Sith created Anakin" theory is terribly flawed and all you have done is built on this terribly flawed theory. The theory was developed right after Episode 1 came out and it just doesn't pass the mustard. There is nothing substancial that backs it up. It goes against the very grain of anything that Lucas has said about Star Wars, but see I can tell you why little Ani was slave on a backwater planet: Because the good people didn't care and when that happens, all Hell is going to break loose.

Perhaps it is you that should open your eyes. The thing is I will give Anakin a Jesus complex as you put it because Anakin like Jesus is the savior of the story. The thing that you are glossing over is Star Wars is not a story about Sith Lords that practice arcane witchcraft to create children to their bidding. Star Wars is a spiritual story that just has a bad guy named Darth Sidious in it.

If

15. TheJediReturns

Aug 17, 2006
    Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't respond to your "Sio Bibble" line. That can be easily explained also. I wasn't avoiding it, it's just so much that DOES support this theory.
    If you watch that scene more closely, in order for Sids to establish a trace, they would need to respond to the message. They didn't! Obi Wan told them to send no response of any kind. In the very next scene , Sids and Maul come from around the corner of his office and who is the first to speak? Maul. Saying if the trace was correct, there should be no problem finding them. To watch this scene and take in what is said on the surface makes no sense. If Obi Wan told them not to respond, how can they make the trace? Because they never make a trace. I told you to go behind what is said. I told you Sids is playing EVERYBODY! HE told Maul there was a trace made and Maul believed it. He doesn't want Maul knowing what he can really do either, this is how the Sith operate so he puts that out there. Sio Bibble's transmission may have actually been the real thing.
    See how there is no escaping? No matter what they do, they're screwed. Now everybody on Padme's ship is in a state of paranoia while Sio is actually looking for help. But if they answer, a trace can be made. But Sids doesn't need the trace anyway because he knows where they are headed. He knows the final outcome of this event and that is that Anakin will be discovered and set free and brought to Coruscant. It's no more danger in leaving him there than the danger he DOES foresee in Anakin's future some years later. The man has the power to create life. One goes down, create another. That's what my whole theory is saying. Actually, Anakin could be seen as expendable. Sids is hoping he survives everything to become his apprentice, but the reality is, it's ultimately a crap shoot. The boy has the highest Midi count ever, so why he be in so much danger anyway. He can SEE things before they happen! Isn't that what Qui Gon himself said? Anakin fell by letting his hatred completely consume him and not knowing when to fall back. This is the only time he ever was TRULY in danger. At the hands of his mentor Obi Wan Kenobi who knew his every move. How do you think he lost his arm in AOTC? Rushing into things and not knowing when to fall back. Same applies in ROTS. This is Anakin's greatest shortcoming. Even if he has the highest Midi count. He lacks patience which is a necessary skill for either side, Sith or Jedi.
    If someone is holding a mental stronghold over you where you can't even think straight anymore, how is it your fault? Dooku said hundreds of Senators were under darkside influence. Palpatine had clouded the Jedi's vision completely. When Yoda says this in the beginning of AOTC, "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see...the future is." I bet Palaptine was ready to almost jump up on the table and tap dance! From right at that point he now he has the Jedi in his firm grip and Yoda hands him this information wrapped up in a nice little bow.

This stuff is so obvious to me now and makes so much sense and no matter how much I explain it, there are some who don't seem to get what I'm onto. There are no holes in this theory. It's just that because you don't see it on screen or don't have it spelled out for you on does it not makes sense. There were things in the PT that for years had me confused because I was looking at it from the angle of an average movie viewer who has everything laid out for them story-wise and it's not. These films are endlessly dense and now, watching it in this way, every line, every scene that is spoken completely makes sense to me now and i know one day my information will be vindicated for what I have discovered. In the meantime, I'll just keep throwing the information out there. Come at me with anything now and I'll be able to shoot it down or at least explain it away. Come on, hit me with your best shot! ;)
    And I'm pretty up there in age, immolated one, that's probably how I finallly figured all this out. Finally gained some real life wisdom.;)
    The movies are sti

16. the_immolated_one

Sep 24, 2006
    The thing is: No one ever said that a trace couldn't be made if the Queen's retinue didn't respond to the message. All that was ever said is, "This is my apprentice, Darth Maul, he will find your lost ship." and of course he did find the ship by tracing a message that the Queen's retinue downloaded to the ship's computer. See the trouble I have with your interpretation is why would Sidious even bother sending Maul to Tatooine in the first place? Maul didn't do anything because he was too late, however, what Sidious wanted was Maul to kill the Jedi and bring the Queen back to Naboo to sign the treaty. The treaty that you say means nothing, but seems to be very important to Sidious for the first hour of the movie.

No one ever said Palpatine was clouding anyone's vision. All that was ever said was that the dark side was clouding their vision. The dark side is not Palpatine. The dark side is the bestiality that lies within every sentient being in the Star Wars universe.

Like I've said, you're giving Palpatine too much credit. You're saying the people didn't have the choice to say no to Palpatine and Dooku? You're saying the people couldn't have told Palpatine to hit the road after his two terms were over? I'm sorry, I disagree, it was their fault. See it was one thing for these people of the Republic to allow gangsters to rule entire worlds, turn their backs on little tykes born into bondage, but it was quite another when the people of the Republic started churning out slaves of their own. See the people had lost their way long before Palpatine was Chancellor, but these people always had the ability to say no but they were already too far gone. That's why when Palpatine presented them a choice whether to sell their souls to the devil, they all signed on the bottom line without question.

History has recorded ethics becoming a casualty of scientific progress on a disturbing number of occasions. Breakthroughs become twisted for violent applications, leading to terribly efficient warfare. Cloning is just one such example. --starwars.com

You're blaming Palpatine, but he is only one man and all he ever did was give the people choice. He didn't force them to do anything. They of their own free will sold their souls to the devil in Episode 2.

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Lucas said that it is hinted that a Sith Lord, Plagueis or Palpatine created Anakin. But he never specifies for sure if a Sith did it or the Force. It is to the viewer who decides. But Anakin is the biological father of the twins and Palpatine had no involvement. Had Lucas stuck to his original intention, then it was Palpatine who did create Anakin. It's in the first draft of ROTS. Palpatine admits to it during the scene where he reveals that he is Sidious to Anakin.

18. the_immolated_one

Sep 24, 2006
    Just because Lucas came up with some bogus first draft of ROTS does not mean it was Lucas original intention that the Sith created Anakin. Lucas is just playing up to an interpretation that for whatever reasons gained acceptance over the years. I mean come on, you're going to create the perfect Sith Lord by putting him in the womb of a slave woman that the Sith don't even own???? And then just leave him to the highest bidder???

19. marc_craigwb

marc_craigwb Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 8, 2005
    ALTHOUGH ITS A VERY INTERESTING THEORY WHICH COULD EXPLAIN A LOT OF THINGS FROM A CERTAIN POINT OF VIEW,I CANT BELIEVE THAT SUCH AN IMPORTANT PLOT THREAD WOULD BE LEFT OUT OF THE MOVIES IF THAT WAS WHAT GL DECIDED ANAKINS ORIGIN WAS,ITS TOO JUICY TO MISS OUT!I KNOW ANAKINS CONCEPTION IS STILL A MYSTERY BUT I THINK IT WAS THE FORCE ITSELF THAT CREATED HIM WHICH IS WHY HE EVENTUALLY BRINGS BALANCE TO THE FORCE,JUST NOT IN THE WAY THEY EXPECTED.IF YOUR THEORY WAS CORRECT,IT WOULDNT BE A THEORY,IT WOULD BE IN ROTS,ANAKINS PATH IS ALL BUT COMPLETE,THE TV SERIES WILL FOCUS ON OTHER ELEMENTS OF THE SW UNIVERSE

20. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Typing in all caps gives Spike a headache!

21. Darth_Tweakpiece

Darth_Tweakpiece Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2005
    I didn't read the whole initial post....would you mind giving me the clift notes version? I must admit that reading's not my strong suit. I'm kind of like steven hawking and I have to breathe into this little tube connected to my wheel chair - and with long posts like this, I have to call my nurse to read it to me.

She then beats me with a roll of quarters in her fist for inconveniencing her. So do a solid for a poor cripple like me...do you mind condensing your theory into one syllable words and maybe just a sentence or two?

Thank you for your consideration.:)

22. TheJediReturns

Aug 17, 2006
    The Emperor created Anakin to serve as his ultimate apprentice. When he went down, he created Luke by impregnating Padme. The force combats this by impregnating Padme with Leia. Anakin is not the biological father. Palpatine's greatest ability is he can foresee future outcomes and plan for them. But the force is combating him. He didn't figure in things like Obi Wan getting to Luke, the Jedi retaining their identity, etc. That is why he lost. His overconfidence was his weakness and Luke, although conflicted, made the right choice in the end.

I hope this helps.

23. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Palpatine was not all-powerful at all. He could not sense Padme's moves. "This is too agressive" - an unexpectant move. As the poster above stated: he could not know the location of the missing ship. Palpatine did not know that OBW would defeat Anakin/Vader...
    Doesn't he even say at one point: "this has worked out to our advantage"? - clearly didn't see that coming, but played it well. He was good at adapting to circumstances.

I don't get the Luke and Leia thing. When Vader had Leia, why not use her? If he created them, why not look for them? What was he waiting for - the coming of old age?

24. sonofcoruscant

sonofcoruscant Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 14, 2006
    I dont really understand what you are getting at.

I agree that Palapatine is a powerful Darksider who had a (not unheard of) ability to look into the future, but from there you make a lot of jumps in logic.

I agree that there seems to be the possibility that Anakin was created by Palapatine, but this had not been confirmed, and others have brought this up, it is not a new theory.

In additon, I dont see any reason to believe that Palapatine created the twins...there is just not any actual evidence.

Too many leaps in logic, not enough proof on any of it.

25. TheJediReturns

Aug 17, 2006
    Seriously, are you guys even reading the posts. There is no jump in logic. You have to get on another level of thinking! All of this acting like he didn't know and couldn't follow Padme's moves is hogwash. When he was saying all of this, who was he saying it to? The Trade Feds and Maul. He's giving the appearance that he doesn't know what's happening. If he was this clueless, how in the heck could he even plot to take over the Republic. You guys talk like he just got lucky. That would actually make him LESS evil than Vader. He has tp play possum with everybody and you guys still talk like Palpatine is two people. He was a Senator under Padme. He knew her EVERY move. He was her confidant for christ's sake. Come on, folks...THINK!

And I never said he created both twins. He created Luke and the force created Leia to combat it in a last ditch effort. Leia is a lot of the reason Luke DIDN'T wind up on the darkside or even DEAD! When he almost goes over and stops, who is it for? Leia. Who saved him from almost falling off of Cloud City? Leia.
    Leia also gives Luke a lot of reason to fend off the darkside. And why do you think as strong as Vader and Luke were in the force, they were so flawed? And it wasn't just because of age either or not being able to let go. Thos edarkside sensibilities were in them from birth, it just took somebody to bring it to the forefront and activate it and Palpatine was more than the man for the job...since he created them. Luke just wasn't having it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.