main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New theory to explain the universe (not mine and quite controversial)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by ceinwyn, Aug 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    Interesting theory. It explains a few things.
    I once had this experience, its difficult to describe but i'll try anyway. I was walking through town, my mind on so many things i was walking on automatic. And suddenly without warning, the realization came to me from nowhere that i was walking the wrong way to where i wanted to go. In that same moment, i turned around. For some reason, all of this felt extremely surreal, and it felt like the people around me, passing me by completely oblivious, i dunno... it felt like they weren't even there. It felt like for me time had stopped but everything else was still going. I dunno, it was the weirdest thing and too hard to explain.

I am a modern mythologist. I believe that "heros" and "villains" exist in the world, and that their playing out a never ending act of sorts. This "the universe is a hologram" theory, if true, could be used by certain individuals to give themselves special "gifts", like the ones stated before. If everything is interconected, including everything we percieve and time itself, then anything is possible for someone who beliefs it to be true. But simply believing it and putting thought into it doesn't seem to be enough, perhaps we need some higher state of thinking or conciousness.

2. sith_chick

sith_chick Guest

Interesting to say the least. I always try to keep an open mind about everything so I will say it is certainly possible but is there any evidence, I mean so far all you've said is that there is some guy who says that this explains that and some other guy who says, come to think of it this also explains that.

It's not a theory unless it explains something new.

But nonetheless, it really makes you think.

3. TreeCave

TreeCave Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    So far, everyone who's commented on God or lack thereof has used this theory to support their own pre-existing view of the universe. The religious debate in here is therefore quite redundant. Let's debate Jesus and Mithras in the Bible thread and debate this theory in here. KnightWriter, is that unreasonable for me to suggest? If this supports God's existence to people who already believed in him, I'm happy for them, but it doesn't seem to be adding to the topic, as the atheists are getting exactly the opposite message and everyone's right where they've always been.

So, hopefully a bit more on-topic:

What about what this says about the possibility of some form of time travel, or at least perception of the past in the present? I think if the present, past and future are all co-existing simultaneously, the past might be altered by the present, just as the future is shaped by our actions in the present. Or do any of you physicists see a big hole in that that a layman would miss?

4. sith_chick

sith_chick Guest

Just want to pose the question: If everything is just an illusion being percieved does that mean I'm the only one who exists and all of you are just in my mind?

Aww... I'm so confused!

5. KaineDamo

KaineDamo Jedi Youngling star 5

Mar 6, 2002
    It means we all exist as one, and individuality is just an illusion. Or something.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Well, actually it would be more like the Matrix, but set on a scale equal to the entire universe.

7. Jedi_Master_Anakin

Jedi_Master_Anakin Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2002
    I agree mostly with this idea. Whether it points to or away from the existance of a creator I care not. But I think it makes a lot of sense.

As someone that has used LSD, I must say that it truly has those kind of effects. I had a "trip" that I was back in the days of the dinosaurs. It was a very odd trip. And I must say that the things that I remember and the things my friends told me i said, are nearly exact to what scientists believe the dinosaurs would have looked like. And no they didn't look like the dino's on Jurassic Park. But I was amazed at how somebody like myself could have such knowledge without any research or learning. Thats why I like this idea, because it gives explanations to many questions that I have had about existance.

AWESOME!

8. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    tut tut folks, promoting the use of LSD... [face_laugh]

9. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    This adds a whole new significance to 'Coors light.' :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.