main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC New things of interest in Victoria

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TR0773, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR0773

TR0773 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 22, 2003
    Hey gang! Your 501 boy here! A couple things of interest that may appeal to some of us I found are the following.
    Curious Comics has a bin of Japanese Anime (VHS) they have put on sale. I don't know how good they are but there there! It's the downtown location as oposed to the one near Hillside. Also on April 13th (Sunday) for you comic fans there is this "Victoria Comic Convention" being held at the Silver Threads Hall (#4 Centennial Square) Fisgard and Government thats just opposite across the street from the entrance to Chinatown. It starts at 11am and ends at 4pm. This sounds like a clear out your closet of old comics con, but it may still be interesting! If I'm not yanked out of the mighty Imperial Shipyards, I'll ask a few mates if they would like to attend in uniform. Also if you want to sell your comics, they have 4ft-8ft tables for rent $15 and $25 Contact Al for more info 652-0149 oh yeah and free comics to the first 100 admissions. Did I forget to mention admission is only a $1? This con is to host Victoria's Comic Artists! Geez you'd think I was a participant for this thing or something but this is what it said in the flyer!

Cheers

Randy

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Dude! That's our chapter's anniversary! Maybe we'll have to discuss doing something for the Comic Con, or something else either before or after a visit to the Con? Thanks for letting us know, Randy!

- Rani

3. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hey Trooper! I'm totally game to try on that Imperial Guardsman's outfit and go to this. It'd be a hoot! :D

That is our anniversary, so for sure we should meet up for coffee or something that day. I am in Vancouver on the Saturday, but I can make it back in plenty of time for the fun. :)

*Derisa*

4. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I should have asked this before: does anyone else want to go?

*Derisa*

5. Sionnach_Dearg

Sionnach_Dearg Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    Thanks for the heads-up about the Anime Randy...although I'd been tipped off. All the people in that store know me by face, and most of tehm by name I'm in there so much, so I had prior warning. Got lots of good subbed stuff!

I'm always game to get out to things in Costume...if I can, not sure what my schedule's like for that day yet, I might be working, have to check.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.