main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

new to albany

Discussion in 'Archive: Albany, NY' started by Wolf_Girl, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolf_Girl

Wolf_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2006
    hello everyone, i am going to college in albany and wanted to say hey here. I was a member of the rochester rebelion since it was the greater rochester star wars fan club, a mouth full i know. I noticed that there hasnt been a lot of activity on here lately and was wondering if there was anyone still around and if so if any of you would like to have a small party/gathering/meeting at some point to either hang out talk star wars or watch the OT because thats all i have at college with me now, though after thanksgiving ill have some others including clone wars and spoofs if either of those intrest yall. Or you know just kinda hang out at a coffee house or the mall just to get to know everyone in the fanforce.

Also i was wondering what kinds of things you guys do. If you went to or held events, had regualr meetings, do costuming, etc, etc....

like i said hello and i hope to meet you all and we can have fun togeather.

2. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    -HUGS- Adri!!!!

3. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    welcome, to Albany, if you need someone to show you around or give you all the places to go and what to see give me a holler or pm.

4. Wolf_Girl

Wolf_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2006
    thanks :) i was hear last year so i know a few places, just my options of how to get there are limited to bus routs because i dont have a car, but the bus routs here go almost anywhere as long as your willing to leave 2 hours before you have to get any where :p

oh and btw i love your sig, my friends and i just did a firefly marathon last night, the entire series, and the movie all in one night. we really need to get off the coffee.....eh, such is college i guess

5. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    That's a lot of Firefly watching! I'm also a fan and saw the movie last weekend on HBO. Now I want to go back and watch the entire series again, lol.

Anyway, welcome to Albany. If I can be of any help, let me know. I wouldn't mind some talk of us getting together for a movie or something, but with the holidays and with moving into a new house in January, I don't know when I'm going to find the time. Maybe after that. :)

Jae O:)

6. Wolf_Girl

Wolf_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2006
    compleatly understandable, and congrats on your new house, we could try for somthing in january, for when you need a brake from unpacking or time to relax :) the school closes the dorms for the new year so ill be gone from mid dec to mid jan anyway.

7. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    how about the movie Eragon, that dragon rider movie.

And Wolfgirl I took the buses for the longest time. I use to ride the buses from Schenectady to troy to Albany for anything.

Taking home groceries weren't easy though.

8. Wolf_Girl

Wolf_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2006
    yeah i have descovered that groceries suck, as do having to ride an hour to troy for an interview and accidentally getting off a stop early and having to wait another hour for the right bus to come around again

yeah i wanted to see that movie, it looked pretty cool

9. beezel26

May 11, 2003
    As long as we dont do any Troy restaurants for a meeting, Ok we can, I just cant order anymore texas sized beers.

10. Wolf_Girl

Wolf_Girl Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2006
    haha, and no bars, im under 21 and get kicked out when ever im there with star wars folk :p at C3 i got kicked out tryin to get a pepsi in a hotel bar, i was so sad, cause i was dieing after being in the cut padme ep2 senate costume all day *sigh* stupid hotel bars

but in general i think that might not be a problem, troy would be rather hard, for me anyway, i dont oftain ride the bus that far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.