main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit New to collecting, trouble organizing.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Skuldane, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skuldane

Skuldane Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2014
    I am new to collecting comics in general. I find myself having troubles already finding out what I have compared to what I need, there also seem to be variants of many of the comics I own. I tried a quick search but cant seem to word it right for google. I need a website that can show me sets and all the variants with pictures, as for me that makes it easier to identify. An application for android would also be great, especially if you could just scan the codes on the comics and it would add it to a library or something.

Also, I obviously do not have the best set of eyes for judging condition of a comic yet but some websites I looked at gave tips on what to look for. I found myself getting weird looks today at the comic book store when I was getting the new issue of the Darth Maul mini series. I was checking the cover and back for bends, fingerprints, some kind of muck on some of them and even the binding. One of the employees I could tell was silently mocking me for taking the time to go through the stack to find the best condition issue, which I would not even let him touch when checking out due to his noticeable carelessness and especially after I saw the greasy fingerprints he left on the first issue he showed me. Is this normal? Am I being too particular? Or should I just ignore them and do my own thing?

Thanks in advance for any advice, it is greatly appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.