Amph New to comics - where to start?

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Reynar_Tedros, May 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Mods: If there's already a thread like this, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could point me to it. :)

Well, I've just gotten into comic books, and I must say I'm quite impressed. I picked up Ultimate X-Men Volume 1 a week ago, and now I'm already on Volume 6.

I'd like to know of any other good recent "jumping on" points there are. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)
  2. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Pictorial reply:

[image=http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/images/G/G2236.jpg]
  3. Raven Administrator Emeritus

star 6

In my opinion, go for The Ultimates and Ultimates 2.

Beyond that: it's a matter of what you're interested in. Super heroes? Keep following stuff by Mark Millar, Brian Bendis, and Grant Morrison. Science fiction? Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, V for Vendetta. Fantasy? The Sandman, Fables, Promethea. And more, much much more.
  4. NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Star wars legacy
    star wars knights of the old republic
    the ultimates
    supreme power
    New x men by grant morrison (There is currently a new x men book by other people this one is collected into 7 trades)
    Captain America by ed Ed Brubaker
    rising stars
  5. Darth-Lando Chosen One

star 6
    What Raven said. It's all going to come down to what you're into. You're reading Ultimate X-Men now so Ultimates and Ultimates 2 would be a nice place to go next. Within the storyline one of the reasons for The Ultimates creation is Magneto's attack on Washington from the first UXM arc. If you're into more X-Men stuff, I HIGHLY reccoment Astonishing X-Men, although going from the Ultimate universe to the regular Marvel universe could be a bit confusing if you're not that familiar with it.
  6. Darth-Kevin-Thomas Force Ghost

star 5
    You can get a Civil War Trade to see whats been going on in Marvel, see if you want to jump on the initiative bandwagon. Also World War Hulk will be starting soon.

dkt
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.