main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New to Fan Audio

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Padawan_John, Jul 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_John

Padawan_John Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    Howdy.

I've had a heck of a time trying to get a fanfilm cast and crew together in the same time and at the same place, so I'm giving thought to converting the project over to audio-only.

This is great for me, because I'll be able to tell a larger story, not have to worry about effects, and render times are only a couple of minutes, as opposed to potential hours.

Having looked at Fan Works, I've gotten some ideas, but I was wondering if you experienced folks could offer a little bit of pointed advice.

Incidentally, I have CakeWalk ProAudio 9, which I bought to use for a band that I'm in. Do you think that it'll work for a mixing program for fan audio? (I already know it can mix instruments, but this is a totally different sort of project.) I can pan, add reverb/echo, change the volume of different files in the mix, etc.

Thanks, ya'll, and I might be doing some on-line casting in the near future. :D

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    John: Not a lot of folks tend to post here (ghost down much?), but you're welcome to pop in on the Fanworks board (just use the link to the boards that's on the right column of the StarWarsFanworks.com main page). Most of the creators of the projects over there that do post anywhere tend to post there. Lots of advice to be given, I'm sure.

3. Padawan_John

Mar 10, 2002
    I'm on my way! :D

4. MaxVeers

MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2000
    It's going to continue to be a ghost town if you keep shunting people to another forum.

5. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Yeah stop doing that Nathan. ;)

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    So, Sebastien mentions it, Kurt mentions it, Keith jokingly mentions it.

And I'd agree, but at the same time, if someone is trying to get into fan audio and wants help and such from the fan audio community, how much "community" is actually *here*. We can either point them where the community actually interacts and congregates, or keep people where people don't tend to, and that person might lose interest.

So, eh, I'll take the comments under advisory, but I don't expect to not help people find where they can actually get help. :: shrug ::

7. scribe888

scribe888 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2003
    "We can either point them where the community actually interacts and congregates, or keep people where people don't tend to, and that person might lose interest."

Frankly, I've often wondered why this is even here. No one posts here; they're all over at Nathan's board.

Why don't we just eliminate this one and only have that one?

TFN cares **** for fan audio anyway.

8. Padawan_John

Mar 10, 2002
    Yeah, well, did they pay much attention to fanfilms back in the day? Fanfic? Fan art? Huh?

Let it grow, and see what happens.

9. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Rome... and star wars for that matter, wasn't built in one day.

Patience will lead to a community growth eventually.

TFN has to have these boards if they want to keep their "we touch a little bit of everything" reputation.

I for one don't see any problems with these boards, they only give exposure to some fan audio folks to the lurkers that drop by here every now and then.

10. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Wow, Linda's back. Any chance you'll be stopping by the Fanworks board or anywhere to give us an update on the new SOP audio drama?

11. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I can safely say the only update right now with SoP is that the script is still in the works. We're trying to get internal feedback on the storyline first before it gets flushed out any further. Right now, it's just a treatment with bits of dialogue. The script really hasn't even been started yet.

As for aSD, things are in a holding pattern right now again. I'm taking time off to pursue other personal interests until I get the steam back so to speak.

12. scribe888

scribe888 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2003
    Input is needed.

Bad.

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Well, you've got my services on any input if you want. Not sure if I'd be able to get to it before the 30th when I move, but if you want it, you've got it. I'm just glad to see that it's still going forward.

nathan@starwarsfanworks.com if you're so inclined.

14. scribe888

scribe888 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2003
    I'm kind of trying to get input from the other crew members besides Keith first, but they seem to have gone AWOL.

:(

If you see Ken or Liz, could you remind them to check the board?

(Yes, I've sent emails.)

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I don't recognize the "Ken" of those two. Is that someone that I might know over at GS that I could help you get in touch with?

16. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Ken is Ken Lawson from here on TFN.
    Keith

17. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    "tumbleweed through audio boards"

18. Padawan_John

Mar 10, 2002
    *watches tumbleweed*

Y'know, them thar dust bunnies are gettin outta hand!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.