main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New to RPG

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by pat-fett, Aug 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    I am new to the RPG game and am about to begin a group with little to no experience playing. We are going to start with the adventure game and then move on to the regular game. Could some experienced GMs and players give some advice and tricks of the trade about running games and mission planing.

Here is a little info about the group. There are at least 4 players maybe more and myself. We will probably be starting off in the Rebellion era. I already have the core rule book and plan to get the Rebellion Source book,any other good sources are welcome. I thank you for your input.

2. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Any idea of when you are going to have it set in?

3. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Either right before ANH or between ANH and ESB. I have to sit down with the players and see what they want.

4. Otto

Otto Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 1998
    I'v always played in the time between ANH and ESB. It has been fun, and you can use the movies for Ideas. You just have to ask yourself questions like where did the rebels get that Ion Cannon for Hoth? Well maybe your group of adventures were sent to get some of the vital parts. What ever time period you play in just have fun.

5. Crimson_Jedi_Knight

Crimson_Jedi_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2001
    Another good book to get if you can find it would be the Imperial source book by WEG. Technically its out of date due to the game system change but its got a ton of info that you could most likely use.

6. pat-fett

Mar 17, 2001
    Thanks the for the advice. What are some other WEG books good for converting to d20?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.