main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi New to star wars

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by sherryread88, Jul 29, 2014.

1. sherryread88

sherryread88 Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2014
    Hello,
    So, I got this super nerdy boyfriend of mine..... Not only did it take him 10 years to even ask me out but he just recently watched star wars with me ( and i lived with him for almost a year s few years ago)....... So, I like Star Wars and and I was looking at some meme's to tease my brother with, and they are all hatin on Jar Jar Binks.... Thats just wrong! That made me instantly on his side and like him more then i already did..... so my faveorate people are jar jar and yoda even though sometimes yoda can be a prick he has his funny moments.... so what is wrong with Jar Jar why doesnt many people like him? he came though and he fought a war and did pretty dang good! he might not be all corect in the head but hes smart! all the other characters have a lot of stupid moments too....

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    People over-exaggerate Jar Jar's antics because being cynical is tres chic. Welcome to the forums.

Bail B. Baobab and Pensivia like this.
  3. sherryread88

Jul 29, 2014
    yeah I dont follow trends..... I dont do lables but he did a lot of good thats why after seeing it im all for the guy evem more now lol :p Thank you for the welcome :)

4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Get involved and have a brilliant go of it. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask in this thread. You can @.tag a staff member in here.

5. sherryread88

Jul 29, 2014
    for sure I plan to :) I am kinda forum savvy :)

6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    welcome to the boards :)

Jar Jar is just plain annoying, yeah he did a lot of good and Palpatine used Jar Jar to get emergency powers handed over to him and Jar Jar didn't have enough sense to say no.

I guess it had to happen. I'm not a big Jar Jar fan,

7. sherryread88

Jul 29, 2014
    Thank you :) you cant blame just Jar Jar for Palpatines success...... a lot of people are to blame for that... darth should be the biggest to blame he was the one giving the info to the sith even when sencing things werent right with him.... he should be more to blame... i can see how the way he talks can be annoying but so can yodas.... just sayin.... cant hate on someone for how they speak or because they arent all the way there in the head.... yoda (900 year old master jedi) went batty for a flashlight in the 5th episode..... everyone is a little off in the head...

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    With his character it made the series feel too kiddie like and that's what really got to people

The chant on the boards was

Death to Jar Jar in Episode three

9. sherryread88

Jul 29, 2014
    i dont see how he made it kiddie like at all..... i think yoda in episode 5 was more kiddie then Jar Jar was how he explored lukes things reminded me of my 3 year old getting into new stuff and makin a mess..... Jar Jar made things a little lighter and the same with the Ewoks.... I loved all the little surprises like these thats what kept my interest i dont like movies that are all serious..... i like the weird little creatures.....

10. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Yoda did it on purpose to see Luke's reaction, there was a purpose to him going through Lukes things it was a test ;)

Yoda speaks backwards

Instead of saying he is your father he said
    your father he is

11. sherryread88

Jul 29, 2014
    I know he was testing Luke’s patience but, I'm sure it was just to have a little fun too...... Who wouldn’t have fun fighting over a flashlight? You don’t even have to watch star wars to know Yoda speaks backwards. I doubt anyone would say its because hes stupid.... Maybe the reason is out of habit? Did he do it to make people think about what he said? Maybe if you weren’t smart enough to take a little green guy seriously and ignore him you would get screwed over? (kinda like what Vader did before he look a lava bath) he also could be bi- lingual too..... he might have have a different native language then Basic with a different structure....many different possibilities.... could also be why jar jar sounds stupid and kiddie to a lot of people...... I’m sure they are all born speaking Basic...... I do like Yoda when hes all spunky..... He reminds me of my grams lol. All nice and calm and knows more then saying most the time then, poof all spunky monkey going crazy after throwing the cane lmao.

12. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    The speech is from his species. Luke ran across someone from the same species of Yoda and he spoke backwards too. It might be the way they were taught in their culture

13. sherryread88

Jul 29, 2014
    very cool, this is :p I'm learning too much nerd stuff from my boyfriend :p I been coding a website for the last 4 hours >.< first time doing it and im done with just the colors im sure my eyes look like Jar Jars just a bit more red lol

Pensivia likes this.
  14. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Welcome to the boards, sherryread88! I admire your courage in opening declaring your appreciation for Jar Jar:p

You should do some searches for the Jar-Jar related posts of JCF member "Cryogenic." He is also an open advocate for Mr. Binks and you might enjoy reading some of his thoughts on the character. He writes some interesting stuff (not just about Jar Jar, but about virtually any aspect of the films). I'll see if I can find a link to give you...

Ok, here's one...enjoy!

http://boards.theforce.net/threads/thinkin-bout-jar-jar.50009174/