main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA New to the Area....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by starwars6554, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starwars6554

starwars6554 Jedi Master star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Hey guys,

I'm new to the Ventura Area. I used to live in Orange County and participated in the Orange County FF...but seeing as how I now live in Ventura, I can't participate in that anymore.

Just a little about me:

My name is Collin, I'm a film student at Brooks Institute of Photography, I LOVE Star Wars, I play drums and hockey and I love to listen to music and read.

My room mate and myself might be checking you out in the near future....so see you soon. :)

2. Keiran_Horn

Keiran_Horn Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 2002
    Welcome, Collin. :)

Our CR, marmakecam, is also a student at Brooks. It's a small world after all.

3. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Good to have you, try to make it out to the meeting next Saturday. You'll find that the VCFF is a lot different than the OCFF... since we're a lot smaller. It's still a lot of fun though! Hope Brooks is treating you well, it's good to know that not all the film students are "too good" to like Star Wars! Since you're new to the area I assume you're new to Brooks? I'm almost done, this is my last session, thank god. Also, nice to have another hockey player around.

4. starwars6554

Jul 9, 2002
    That's actually one of the reasons why I got tired of OCFF. It got too big. That and for whatever reason I just didn't like the new CR that we elected. It was just something about him.

Yeah, this is my first session at Brooks. And I totally know what you mean about being "too good for Star Wars". I went to the first Brooks Film Society meeting of the session and all they talked about were these French Film Makers that nobody's ever heard of. I mean, sure it was interesting, but not very accessible.

Also, it is great to have another hockey player. I was hoping there'd be a lot more of them so we could start a team or something...

Anywho, I probably can't make the meeting this Saturday (unless it's before 3:00 or so) because I have friends coming in to visit me. Perhaps next month though. :)

5. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Welcome to the county! We look forward to meeting you!

6. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Hopefully we'll see you next month then, our meetings are usually around noon but this month we opted for a later meeting. Keep checking the boards!

7. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Hey, it looks like I'd probably be able to do an earlier meeting that day, after all. So, if you want to, we can reschedule. Or keep it, whichever is fine by me!

8. starwars6554

Jul 9, 2002
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be seeing you guys soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.