main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New to the board was interested in some tips on how to do effects.

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by RubeLeader, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RubeLeader

RubeLeader Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2003
    Hi Rube here,

I am new to the boards and am planning on doing a fan film and much more. I got some ideas and trying to dedicate my time when not working my 50 to 60 and sometimes 70+ hour work weeks.

So right now I am trying to see if anyone has tips on how to do effects.

I have read the tutorials on how to do lightsabers. I am wondering how to do things such as Force push, Force Jump, blasters shooting etc...

If anyone has tips on these and things like cloning etc.. please let me know.

I would be extrememly greatful!

Oh and has anyone ever heard of a program called Mokey?

Seen some examples of mokey but couldn't get the demo to work on my computer.

Well I look forward to learning from everyone here!

Also if your wondering about the hours I work a week. It's just the average life of a game tester. :)

Rube

2. HTS_HetH

HTS_HetH Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 9, 2002
    Game tester, eh? Nice job :)

Regarding the different effects you plan to work on, do a search on the forum here, I bet 99% of your questions have already been answered in former threads.

check out Ryan Wieber´s Website, he has some nice tutorials he and some other talented guys from this board wrote, lightsabers, force lightning and cloning to name a few.

Oh and it is always a good idea to tell the people with what programs you work or at least have at your disposal so one can give you a more detailed hint on how to do a specific effect.

And most importantly: WELCOME ONBOARD ! :)

3. GreenGreatWarrior

GreenGreatWarrior Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2003
    Check this thread :)

Click Here

Welcome to the boards ;)

4. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    ****Also if your wondering about the hours I work a week. It's just the average life of a game tester.****

Somebody get me my frikkin violin. That's like saying "my hands get so tired being the oil-down boy for supermodels before their shoot." Well, maybe not the same, but.... :D

5. Figrin-Dan_Man

Figrin-Dan_Man Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    '....there's gonna be two lucky guys in that town....'

6. TangentIdea

TangentIdea Jedi Youngling

Sep 9, 2003
    If you don't have Photoshop, get it. It will very quickly become your best friend. :) You can do lightsabers, force lightning, glows, and even chroma-keying with it. Now, some of those effects are a lot easier to do if you've got After Effects or s a good editing program, but for those of us who don't, it works quite nicely. :)

Another thought would be to try Daryl Finley's program, SciFi Effects Lab (download at http://www.egophoria.com/). It only works on Mac, right now, but it only costs $50. It will do lightsabers and blaster shots pretty easily. It's a little buggy yet, but it works. And it's cheap. Which is good, for those of us with very little money.

7. RubeLeader

RubeLeader Jedi Youngling

Sep 10, 2003
    Thanks guys!

As far as programs I have at my disposal.

After Effects 6.0
    Photoshop 7.0
    Adobe Premiere Pro

So I am trying to teach myself all these programs so I can do my fan film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.