main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA New to the Board

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedi_borne, May 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_borne

jedi_borne Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2007
    Hello to All in Orange County,

As a very new member to the group I have all sorts of questions and a genuine thirst for knowledge about events in the OC area. For those of you who aren't new to the site, what advice or information would you give those of us who are new and want to be more involved with the Star Wars OC Community? Thanks in advance.

2. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Welcome to the boards, now is a good time to jump aboard. You'll find that most of us are at Celebration 4 right now. But even when that is over there is still plenty to do! We have a monthly meeting where we get together for lunch, discuss upcoming events, and usually have a trivia quiz.
    Later this month we have Relay for Life, which is a charity event for the American Cancer Society, and near the end of the month we have out 3rd Unofficial Star Wars Fan Day at Disneyland.

3. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    If your at C-IV this weekend be sure to go to the Pacific Region Fan Force Booth in the Fan hall and meet some members!

4. DarthCarcinus

DarthCarcinus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2006
    Welcome to the OCSWS!!! In addition to this board which we post on from time to time, please go join our new boards which are far more active @

Feel free to ask any of us information and we will be more than happy to help you in any way we can. Most of us have a bevy of knowledge about the Star Wars Universe, Prop building,and costuming. (Although the OCSWS is not a costuming club, many many of us do costume and belong to the Rebel Legion ,501st, and or Jedi Assembly)

We are looking forward to seeing you on the boards, and meeting you as well.

Darth Carcinus
    Orange County Star Wars Society
    Multimedia Officer.

5. MandalorFett

MandalorFett Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2006
    Welcome to the boards!

6. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I think the link he was trying to post is OCSWS.com

7. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Hi,
    I'm new to your boards too. I have been a member of the IEFF for just a couple of months, but I realized that I spend so much of my life in the OC and I am actually closer to your group then the IEFF, so I thought I would join up with you too. I also just went and registered on your new board too.
    Anyway, I'm in Riverside. I'm married and a Mom. I have three little girls. I own an event planning business. ummm... Don't know what else to say just yet. I hope it is okay to browse around and post here and there.
    Thanks,

MommyJedi
    aka Minda

8. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    of course you can post here! Although we do tend to post more on our other boards so be sure to visit us there also. We have a meeting this Sunday if you can make it.

9. MommyJedi

MommyJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2007
    Thank You,
    I did sign up on the other board but haven't been approved yet. Thank you for the invite to the meeting. I am going to the IEFF meeting on Saturday so we'll have to see how the weekend goes, but it is in a great location for me to attend normally.
    Looking forward to meeting the people over here.
    MommyJedi
    aka Minda

10. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    :eek: Traitor!! [face_laugh]

11. DarthCarcinus

DarthCarcinus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 28, 2006
    LMBO!! Your too funny Jedifan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.