main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi New to the board

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by David C, Sep 15, 2016.

1. David C

David C Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2016
    Hello, I'm a new participant to the board. I've visited before, but there's a lot to take in and I've always felt weird trying to jump into a conversation or topic. So I figured this would be the best place to start.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Hi David

Welcome to the Boards, great to see you.

Don't worry about jumping into conversations, its a fact of life. A lot of the threads started years before any of us got here.

As a sop to internet security, I would normally caution against revealing your real name on the internet...

davidchilders.net

...but I see that that boat has not only sailed, but it has already been christened Boaty McBoatFace, and circumnavigated the globe. :rolleyes:

Feel free to ask any questions.

Skiara likes this.
  3. David C

David C Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2016

Wait you guys can see that?!?!

I'm kidding, I know kicked around whether or not I should list it but thought it couldn't hurt - it's just a site for my writing projects - I hope those aren't famous last words.

My biggest question was protocol or procedure for participating in running discussions. I've been on some strict message boards before, and I didn't want to assume anything and end up looking obnoxious. So you've helped me feel more comfortable already.

4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Hey there!

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Somewhere near the top of the screen is a "Rules of the JC" dropdown that can be referred to if you have concerns about Board strictness.

Apart from a forum called the Senate, I do not anticipate any issues just joining in a conversation. Saying 'hi' can break the ice, as can driving a car onto a recently frozen lake.

Skiara and Master of None like this.
  6. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Welcome!

Don't hesitate to just jump into a conversation if it interests you, everyone has been new at some point.

Do you have an order for where you rate each SW movie?

Skiara likes this.
  7. David C

David C Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2016

Kind of, I agonize over the ordering which might seem silly. I think I'd rank them 5, 3, 4, 1, 6, 2. I loved The Force Awakens, but I'm not sure where I think that fits in just yet.

8. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Interesting. :cool:

Same here, think I'll wait till the trilogy is complete.

Look forward to seeing you around the boards!

9. Master of None

Master of None Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    Welcome!

Jump in, have fun and see you in the forums! :)

10. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome David C! :)

I see you got great help already. :D If you want to join a long existing discussion, make sure to read the first post/page and the last one to tree pages. That gives you a good idea about the topic and at what point the discussion is. But in the end, just say hi and add a little thing. We don't bite. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)