Colum, GA New to the boards

Discussion in 'South East Regional Discussion' started by statesofeuphoria, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. statesofeuphoria Jedi Padawan

For the first time today I saw guys my own age buying SW figures. I'm 34. It got me wondering if there are other collectors in the area that can network on what store has what, get what the other person is looking for, etc. Then it hit me do a google search.
    I did a google search and here I am.
    I live in Phenix City and do toy runs usually 2-3 times a week when i'm not in class (i'm a student at CSU).
    I basically wanted to touch base and see if there are other collectors out there and chat about who is looking for what and get to know some of my nearby fellow Star Wars fans.
    my name is Scott, and if you want to get in touch with me, email me at st8sofu4eah@yahoo.com
    I usually post on other toy sites like www.galactichunter.com and www.yojoe.com
    Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon.
  2. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi Scott,

Welcome to the boards!

We have a broad spectrum of collecting habits in our group. Some make regular toy runs like you do, others barely collect at all. Personally, I was buying a lot of stuff when the RotS merchandise came out in the Spring but have bought only a few things the past several months. We do occasionally share info on what's available where, and will even pick up something someone else is looking for at times.

Check out the "new club meeting date" thread for info on our upcoming activities, and contact Phoenix21 to get on our e-mail list if you would like.

Again, welcome.
  3. statesofeuphoria Jedi Padawan

4. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    So sorry, I have been remiss...

I found M&M figures at Toys-R-Us a couple of weeks ago, Leia and Luke & Han and Boba Fett, and the beenie dolls - Leia and Han.

I'm a fleggling collector but we have 3 major collectors (all 30 or old) in the group. Please come to our next meeting. I've added your name so you will get our next mass email.

Hope to see you - Hollie
  5. Cosmic_Knight Jedi Knight

star 1
    I picked up a few things this week when I went to buy the DVD.
    - The deluxe Yoda/Can-Cell figure. Been thinking about getting this for a while, but this is the first time I have seen one on the shelves recently.
    - Clone Commander (33) with green paint scheme. Bought the original red one months ago, and didn't even know there was a green variation until this week.
    - AT-RT Driver. First time I had seen this figure.

Maybe these are common, but I have shopped for few collectibles recently.

Also, aren't new Burger King toys coming out soon, or maybe out already? Not sure if I will get any of these this time around.
  6. Phoenix21 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I saw a BK bag last Friday and it showed SW watches. I haven't been by yet to see what all they are releasing.
  7. MotF FanForce Chapter Rep Columbus, GA USA

Chapter Rep
    star 2
    Welcome Scott!

I can't wait for the new BK toys tomorrow. Don't know where I'll put it all, but there is always a box laying around somewhere :)

Invite you friends now to the meetings! We have a lot of fun and it's probably time for a collector's day.

See ya soon,

Cathy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.