1. Happy Christmastime, WNU!

Hi New to the boards

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth Nyad, Jan 16, 2013.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    Hi everyone, just wanted to say HI. I live in Columbia SC would like to get together with other fans in the area. And I love to talk Star Wars.
  2. Chewgumma Chosen One

star 7
    How do you do. :) Hope you enjoy yourself on these boards. There are plenty of people around these parts, myself included, who are willing to help if you get stuck or lost. Just give a holler if you need assistance.
  3. DarthRelaxus Chosen One

star 5
  4. benknobi1 Chosen One

star 6
    [face_party]Welcome Aboard.

What do you like most about Star Wars?
  5. Bazinga'd Dark Lord of the SWC/PT/ Spinoff Forums

Manager
    star 5
    Welcome and enjoy. There is an inordinate amount of awesome people on this board.
  6. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    Ben, to answer your question, I like everything about Star Wars and I'm also a fan of the Extended Universe. It's all just to intriguing, and there is so much going on. Thanks to everyone for the welcome.
    Last edited by Darth Nyad, Jan 17, 2013
  7. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Welcome Darth Nyad! :)

You like to meet other SW fans from your area? Then you should take a look at your local FanForce. I think SouthWest is the right one, isn't it? There you'll find various FanForces (FF) and I hope one is close to you. Don't hesitate to say 'hi' there as well. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)
  8. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Welcome! I definitely second te recommendation for the Fan Force section; you'll also enjoy our EU boards :) Feel free to ask if you have any questions!
  9. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    Problem is, the Fan Force Columbia SC is closed down it's on the Inactive Boards list. Next closest place would be Charlotte NC but don't wanna travel that far.
  10. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Sorry to hear that FF Columbia SC is closed at the moment. But this doesn't mean that it has to stay closed until forever, so if you are interest in FF, I suggest to post in the main board that you are there. This way other people from your area will know that there's another one around and you only need three people to create a FF or bring it back to life.

I don't know how far Charlotte NC is, but it's not forbidden to say 'hi' there without going to the next meeting. Maybe you'll get to know nice people and like to travel that distance later on (even if it's just unregularly), maybe not, but this you'll just find out if you say 'hi'. :)

Other than that, there are tons of boards around and I'm pretty sure, you'll find some good places to stay - even if it's not FF. ;) :)
  11. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    This is true. Thanks and I'll post on the Columbia SC forum, let them know I'm here.
  12. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    If that doesn't work because it's closed, then post in the main general board for your area. That's the place to go then. :)
  13. General Immodet Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome...
    "I have been expecting you." - Palpatine
    "Hello, there." - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Clearly, you are a fan of Darth Nihilus. I love him as well!
    Be sure to check out the EU forum!
  14. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    Yes I am a big fan of Darth Nihilus and what he could do.
  15. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 8
    Welcome to the boards. :)

How long have you been a fan, (EU and films)? And do you have any favourite novels or series?

I also see you're a fan of Darth Nihilus, awesome. :D

Hope you find your way around fine, and enjoy being with us!
    Good luck.
  16. Chewbacca89 Force Ghost

star 5
  17. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    @ Admiral Volshe, well I was born in 76 and a year later A New Hope hits the silver screen (I was just a little over a year old) don't remember that far back but that was my first intro into Star Wars. The one that I really remember at a young age was Return of the Jedi, watched it so many times that I really think that the VHS tape was wore out. However, I have been a fan for a Very Very Very long time. The books and the EU, I found them out in high school and loved them, they filled the void of no Star Wars until Phantom Menace. My favorite Movie toss up, Episode 3 and Episode 5. Favorite book, Republic Commando: Hard Contact, which by the way is also my favorite series, The Republic Commando Series. I am very much a fan of Darth Nihilus, I think that he is what a walking death star with a light saber is. @ Chewbacca89, I am a fan of the Empire and I will check it out, thanks.
    Admiral_Volshe likes this.
  18. Admiral Volshe Chosen One

star 8
    You are a very long time fan. :)

It's nice to hear about how you got into SW.

I wasn't sure whether or not to read that series, but I definitely will now. ;)

Definitely stop by at the Star Wars Films and EU/Literature boards, since you've been involved with them both for such a long time, we'd love to have you involved in some discussion!

Again, welcome!
    Darth Nyad likes this.
  19. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    Thanks Admiral, I will stop by those boards.
  20. Random Comments Force Ghost

star 5
    Hello, Nyad.
    Enjoy the boards. Lots of cool people here.
    Even from SC...
    Okay, I admit it. I live in Columbia. :( :p
    Darth Nyad likes this.
  21. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    Nice, I have been wondering if there were any Columbia SC folks on here or not since the fan forum is inactive.
  22. Darth Nyad Jedi Master

star 1
    I would like to get together with other members from Columbia SC if others would like that, Message me.
Moderators: Skiara