main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New to the Miami board

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by EnriqueH, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    Totally got here by accident. Wasn't even aware of it and I've been coming to TFN for years.

EnriqueH

2. __Trips

__Trips Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2005
    Welcome?

3. EnriqueH

May 24, 2001
    Thanks, I think.

EnriqueH

4. DarthKoRnRawker

DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    LOL Glad to see a new person around here!!! Hopefully you'll become active here on the boards and also join us at our monthly meetings!!! Take care, keep posting, and MTFBWY!!!

5. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
  6. EnriqueH

May 24, 2001
    So where in Miami are you guys?

EnriqueH

7. __Trips

Jun 7, 2005
    pheew, at first i thought you were a drifer, from like halway across the world.
    Im in west miami, near coral gables.

8. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    I'm from Sweetwater. :D

9. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
  10. EnriqueH

May 24, 2001
    Damn, you guys are near. I live in Westchester.

EnriqueH

11. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Ohh that's awesome!!! Glad to see that you post here often!!! :D It's pretty dead here most of the time... :( Hopefully that will change!!!

JUST A REMINDER...OUR NEXT MEETING IS SATURDAY AUGUST 6TH!!! 2 WEEKS FROM THIS SATURDAY!!! MTFBWY!!!

12. __Trips

Jun 7, 2005
    I made myself a 'fanforce intern' t-shirt, so you'll know its me. :)

13. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    LMAO SWEET!!!

14. darthlrrp

darthlrrp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2005
    hello--i am new to this part of the TFN as well--shouting from Homestead

dl

15. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    Hey Darth. Glad to see you around here. As you can see things around here are pretty much dead. Seems that everyone has lost interest in the FanForce here in South Florida. :_| But you're always welcome to post W/E you want that's Star Wars related here. Keep posting and maybe we'll be able to get some more activity around here. :p Take care and MTFBWY!!!

16. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    thanks for the welcome--i did notice it is pretty dead around here--i do not know what would bring more people here--everybodies life is always crazy down here in south florida

dl

17. JediCerasiKaDela

JediCerasiKaDela Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    Welcome to the board.I'm surprised people are still coming here.I thought it was all forgotten.I've been waiting to hear when we will be meeting again.I miss our little meetings.

18. Darth_Santos

Dec 9, 2004
    I, too, miss our little meetings. :(

19. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    coudl someone tell me more about these meetings

thanks
    dl

20. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    "Roger That!"

Well let's see...prior to RoTS I decided that I wanted to meet other people who loved SW as much as I did. So I found this little board through TF.N and just posted up about whether or not other people would also like to meet. Soon enough I started getting replies from people like DarthSantos and JediCerasikadela so we thought that Dolphin Mall here in Miami would be a good place to meet. We held our first meeting just a few weeks before RoTS at the Border's Bookstore at Dolphin mall at 3:00pm if I'm not mistaken. There were 5 people in attendance, myself included. I thought it was a pretty decent turnout for the first meeting. We decided on the name for the FanForce; Miami SandTroopers. We also decided that we should meet the first Saturday of every month. The second meeting came around and only 2 people showed up, DarthSantos and I. Other members were either lost in Dolphin Mall or had a good excuse not to be there, but there were others who posted that they would attend and never have. Then the third meeting came around and we had a pretty good turnout of 4 people. Fast forward to the 4th meeting and another day of just DarthSantos and I. So then we decided that we would not meet until we had definite confirmation from other members that they would attend. Until this day we have yet to have another meeting. Sad isnt it???

Anyways, here's basically what we do at our meetings.
    We meet in front of Border's Bookstore. We wait until about half an hour for others to arrive. We walk around the mall discussing anything really. Then we part ways. I guess our "meetings" are more like days to just hang out with other people who love that "galaxy far, far away" as much as you do. I really enjoyed them because I got to meet cool people like DarthSantos and JeriCerasikadela. Both are awesome people and are very knowledgeable about SW. :p

Now if we could get more people to really confirm that they will attend our meetings then we can have another one and maybe we can grow to be a much more organized FF. It's true what you said about people being so busy here in South Florida but I'm pretty sure that if others wanted to join us at the meetings they definitely would.

I hope I didnt bore you too much with this extensive explication on what our meetings are about. Take Care Guys and MTFBWY!!!

P.S. Miss our meetings, I do too. :_|

21. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    ^^ i think that is super cool--i would be more than thrilled to come to one of the meetings--i would not be able walk around much becuase i walk with a cane--long story

anyhow if you do set one up let me know--i know alot some people that might be interested in hanging out with SW fans

dl

BTW when i finally admitted that i was a SW fanatic i made everyone who came to me and my son's b-day party dress up in SW clothes or they couldn't come

here is some pics from the party

[image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/darthlrrp/battle.jpg]

[image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/darthlrrp/forcelight.jpg]

[image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/darthlrrp/broandwife.jpg]

[image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b307/darthlrrp/dadandson.jpg]

we had agreat time

what we need to do is throw a big SW dress up party and have lightsbaer fights YEAH!!!!!--i am i too giddy??? lol

dl

22. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    THAT IS ONE AWESOME PARTY!!!!

Dude sweet costumes!!! Also, great rotoscoping on that lightsaber clash!!! I admire you, Master!!! LOL!!!

Well since you show excitement about having a meeting maybe we CAN plan another one...and if you're gonna bring some friends that'd be GREAT!!! Let's see what the others members think of this!!!

About the party...we can DEFINITELY do that!!! That'd be totally wicked!!! [face_dancing]

23. darthlrrp

Oct 19, 2005
    well too bad i found this side of the TFN after my b-day because i would have invited people from this board---i usually don't invite strangers to my parties but you guys would be an exception--lol--but yeah man if you can set it up--plan something--i will think of something

dl

24. EnriqueH

May 24, 2001
    What's up, guys? I haven't forgotten the place either. I used to come in every day or every other day. But activity here is minimal. Also, I think a few people here have limited transportation as I recall. I'd definitely be willing to hang out during a happy hour or something.

EnriqueH

25. JediCerasiKaDela

JediCerasiKaDela Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    Yep I think some people might have transportation problems but I am willing to pick anyone up since I probably pass some people on the way down there anyways.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.