main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA New to the whole fanforce idea...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by foxbatkllr, Apr 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foxbatkllr

foxbatkllr Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 27, 2001
    Hey all, I've never gotten involved in any of these fanforce things but I live in San Diego County...Carlsbad actually. Anyways I'm a little hesitant to get involved in this fanforce thing. I'm just as huge of a SW fan as you guys but just not sure getting involved in this thing would be worth it. However, I do enjoy making films. I have a digital camcorder and all the tools for special effects and editing. I'd love to make a fanfilm sometime if you are interested. I've tried to get my friends involved but they just don't seem interested in the whole idea.

2. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, this fanforce "thing" is new to all of us I think. This will be our first meeting so we will just be getting to know each other. You are welcome to come and get to meet some fellow Star Wars Fans in San Diego. If you don't feel that it is something you would want to continue doing, that is fine.

We will eventually have a mailing list set up and you could sign up for that to recieve notification of all the events we have planned in San Diego. We will also have a new website too and messageboards.

I know "meetings" aren't for everyone. We will probably have a core group of 10-20 people that will actively participate in activities and planning. The rest of the membership will most likely elect to only recieve the emails and participate in some of the events we plan. In talking with the Seattle Star Wars Society they told me that their largest event was attended by 200-300 people (their Halloween parties). But most events attract only 20-50 people. If meetings aren't your thing, that is perfectly understandable, we'd love to see you at a few of the events!

3. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Well thanks for the invite. My other concern is age. I'll be 21 in a couple of weeks and I'm not too sure how old everyone else is so I wouldn't want to come if everyone's like way older than me. And like i said before i'd love to get involved in the creative process of a fanfilm.

4. DarthBrian

DarthBrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Star Wars is for fans of all ages.
    Why should age matter?

5. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Yes SW is for all ages, however age does matter when it comes to hanging out with a bunch of people you don't know.

6. ValueROCKR

ValueROCKR Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2002
    im turnin 21 on sunday... most of my friends are joinin too.... and we make short films all the time :) so your in good company......

7. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    So far I'm the "Old fogey" of the group, I'm 36 and the next oldest to me, that I know of, is 28. You have to be at least 13 and have an email address to be a member. But there will occasionally be 21 and up events. Most are 17-28 I'd say, so you fit right in there. I'll just be "mom" to everyone I guess.

8. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    ValueRockr is 21 on Sunday? Hmmmmm... someone needs to bring a cake to our potluck.... hmmmm. ;)

9. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm 33. So I guess I'm the next oldest fogey. [face_plain]

Another thing you can do foxbatkllr is bring your friends. That way you'll know people there.

10. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes! Bring lots of friends!

11. fx88

fx88 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2001
    Woah, I live in CBAD too fox. And Im working on this first fan film. Too bad you weren't going cause it would be cool to talk to you, I'm also 21 so maybe I know you.

12. foxbatkllr

Jul 27, 2001
    Well I'm thinking about coming. Hey fx88, did you happen to go to Cbad high? Or did you go to LCC? Or somewhere else? I went to CHS, class of 99. I would definitely love to do a fan film. I used to be a film major but decided I didn't want to spend half my life as a PA...Anyways I'm very knowledgeable when it comes to film, and I have PowerMac G4 with Lightwave 3d, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, and a couple of other tools. I also have a decent miniDV camera.

13. TK-1178

TK-1178 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2002
    Well, I'm 23. Come on down and meet everyone! And you might be able to help out on our Fan Film we're making!

Jeff
    TK-1178

14. Sidious_X_Palpatine

Sidious_X_Palpatine Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    As far as *L* "Old Fogeys" *L* go... I'm probably the *L* Oldest Fogey.. *L* at the age of 47.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    Okay Sideous, If I am "mom" I guess that makes you "dad." ;)

16. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    What does that make me? :(

17. Mara_Jade_Fan

Feb 1, 2002
    I guess that makes Brian "Uncle Darth." ;)

18. DarthBrian

Apr 9, 2002
    Kinda like Uncle Fester or something? ?[face_plain]

Cool. :D

19. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    If MJF is "mom", I'm like "son", being the ripe young age of 15! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.