main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New to this but very intriged

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Superfreak18, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superfreak18

Superfreak18 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2006
    Just wanna say that this looks very cool. Star wars is an indescribable phenomonon. I'd also like to ask if anyone has any information or opinion on why obi-wan did not train luke on tattoine from when he was a young boy, instead of giving him to owen lars. he would've been a much more powerful jedi.

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Greetings! Welcome to our happy home. :)

As far as to why, it was most likely to keep the Emperor from sensing the boy through the Force for as long as possible and until it wsa the right time/things played out the way the Force wanted it.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to the boards, Superfreak18! :)

Although Gangrenous has given you an answer, the best place to ask those questions about the original trilogy or classic trilogy (OT or CT) is the classic trilogy board. There you can find discussions about this topic and even a game where you can show how much you know about SW. And believe me that game isn't easy. ;)

But before you think about opening a new thread about your question or about something else, please, go through the last three to five pages of that board and/or ask a Mod if there's a thread about that topic already. You'll be surprised when you find out how many different parts of CT are already discussed there. ;)

Enjoy your stay and see you around (hopefully). :)

4. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey there, welcome to the boards. Good question, I've seen it discussed a lot of times here in the movie forums. Also, why was Yoda so against training Luke when that was the plan all along? Kinda strange, if you ask me.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. You may notice a lot of links all over the place here, so don't be shy to click on the. They're all very helpful in some way, so a lot of your questions may just be a click away. Remember to enjoy your stay and not to be shy to ask for help from the mods, they're all here for a reason.

Enjoy your stay!

5. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Welcome to the JC Superfreak:) I?ll hope that you?ll enjoy your stay.

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Welcome Superfreak:D

7. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Okay, creepiest thing ever. I was just singing the song "Super Freak" to myself, and then I looked back at the screen and YOUR NAME WAS THERE!

That was amazing! :D Anyway! Welcome, and yes, nothing beats Star Wars! [face_dancing]

8. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    Welcome to the boards, Superfreak18! :)

9. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    Welcome Superfreak18 :)

Have fun and enjoy your stay!

10. benkenobi151

benkenobi151 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2005
    Welcome SuperFreak18! We have lots of fun at the JC. And make sure to stop by the Expanded Universe Community. We have lots of fun there. Good luck, and may the Force be with you.[face_peace]

11. MARA-JADE10

MARA-JADE10 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2006
    WELCOME oh i think i can answer your qoustion obi didnt train luke cause the
    Emperor might hav sensed lukes prescence and taken him away :)
    also may the force be with u ALLWAYS :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.