New to Tulsa

Discussion in 'Tulsa, OK' started by TygerHawks, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TygerHawks Jedi Padawan

Well, sorta. Moved up here in June from Texas to go to RHEMA. Definately a bigger town then what I am used to!

Anyway, I checked out the Tulsa FanForce website, and was wondering if you could give me a little more information about the group. The only person I can really talk Star Wars to is my wife, and well....she is getting tired of it. Now if Star Wars and Bon Jovi were to ever team up, we could probably carry on a conversation about it. But lets hope that never happens! :p

2. AladdinSane Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome! the only thing I can tell you about the group is that it is an interesting group of misfits.
    Pretty much all out there; but where else would you want to be - in here is no fun. Well you've been warned. Be afraid, be very afraid.

I'm sure someone higher on the totem pole will be plodding along soon with more direction and informed comments. (?!?)

Until then ... cya

ps .. how can anything in Texas be smaller than Tulsa, OK? And, for safety reasons, probably shouldn't use the words Star Wars and Bon Jovi in the same sentence.

rs
  3. Maumi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Welcome! Did you check out the pictures of us in Plano? They will give you a pretty good idea of what we are like. Most of us love to get all dressed up in costumes and have a good time!!!
  4. MaStErOfThEfOrCe2002 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Those pictures might be enough to scare him off ;)

Basically, we're a group of people who have become friends from the Tulsa-Broke Arrow area all because of some weird movie. We get together every 2 months for a regular meeting to decide on future events, elect new officers if the need be, and just talk with eachother. Between the meetings we try to have some activities like float trips, laser tag, movies, stuff like that.

We also have a book club that meets once a month for those of us who are interested about what goes on between and after the movies. We're reading all the Star Wars novels in chronological order, I think we're on books 5, 6, or 7 in the X-wing Series.

Tonight we're having a halloween party at the home of Amanda(Banditajs) and Russ(AladdinSane). If you want to go, you can pm them for directions or just post in the thread and they should send them along to you.

It's always nice to meet a new member. I look foward to meeting you in person on at the next meeting, which, right now, looks like it will be next saturday, November 8. I'm not sure about the time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.