main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX New Toys

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Darth_Chocolate, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Chocolate

Darth_Chocolate Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I just picked up the new Unleashed figs and the new 12" Dooku. I'm rather impressed with the level of detail Hasbro has taken on this wave of toys. Perhaps they're tired of being called monkeys all the time. ;)

Well, first I have to say thanks again to Stone for hiding that 12" Dooku for me. Dooku?s got some pretty good detail, but he's FREAKING SHORT!! I mean like disproportionately small!! Standing next to the 12" Anakin, Dooku's eyes come up to ani's mouth. Now don't get me wrong, his detail and articulation are excellent. This is probably some of the best character "likeness" in a fig from Hasbro in quite a while. The head looks just like Christopher Lee's and his hands have fingers that actually open and close with joints (not that bendable wire stuff). When I first saw the knuckle joints, I cringed cause it usually disrupts the look of the hand. But his are pretty good and his forefinger actually moves independently from the other three fingers. This leaves you with the ability to put him in poses from "join me Obi-Wan..." to "...by our skills with a lightsaber!", and every scene/pose in between. So I guess what I?m trying to say is if you get a chance to buy him, do it ASAP! Just don't stand him next to Obi or Ani.

Now the Unleashed Anakin is actually better than I had thought it would be. I was quite worried that it was gonna suck based off the pics of it. But it's pretty good. I have him facing the Unleashed Maul, and it just looks like a duel that I would have loved to have seen! You have Maul with his style and grace and his double-bladed saber, like someone who has trained for most of his life to be the best Sith Lord he can be. And then you have Anakin literally crushing a battle droid beneath his feet to get at Maul with both his lightsabers. And Anakin is just full of hate and rage the likes of which nothing can stop.

Finally I have to say that the new Unleashed Vader is freakin fabulous!! It's a wonderful likeness from the pose on down to the texture of the cape. It?s not one of those "wild" poses like the Unleashed Ani or Maul. It?s very realistic and true to the scene from Empire. I have him on top of my fridge right near the edge where you reach for the door, and every time I enter my kitchen now, I can feel and hear him tempting and taunting me to join him in the Dark Side and take my place by his side, so we may rule the galaxy as father and son... oh, wait, never mind!

Enjoy and happy hunting!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.