San Fran, CA New Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by AKAI_FETT, Jan 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    I've yet to use the BD Live function, My Sony does not support wireless, and I don't feel like running a 50 foot Ethernet cable to the other room. My Skynet T2 keeps searching for a connection so it adds a few extra minutes to the load time :mad:
  2. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    I thought you had a PS3? No? Try using a wireless bridge. I use that on my Panny, which doesn't have wireless. Cost more but better than running the cable. If not try disabling your internet connection on your player's setup so it doesn't try to keep searching everytime you put in a BD disc.
  3. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Close, got a Sony S350 which has the same menu system. It's only T2 Skynet that does it. The disc itself will pop up "It appears that you are not connected to the Internet..." or something like that. Then I have to hit cancel to tell it that I don't want it to retry since I have the machine set to not search for a connection. Then it spends about 5 minutes more to load as it shows which version of BD-Live I have.

I had thought about a wireless bridge, but the cost is kinda much considering how much I would actually use the BD-Live feature. I've only got about 40 BDs anyway. The cable I can at least get for free from work.:D
  4. elmoizme Jedi Knight

star 2
    Check the Sony Support site to see if there's an update. If there is and the player isn't connected, I believe you can burn the update to a disc.

Are you kidding? Getting an exclusive extra peak at Meagan Fox is priceless. Just ask Matt ;)

5. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Actually just updated the firmware because T2 was not playing from the menu after the Studio Canal logo but would play from chapter selection. Still takes a while to load up, but many others do to. I think that it's just that particular disc that starts off wanting to begin BD-Live.

As far as Megan Fox is concerned, eye candy is a dime a dozen in Hollywood. Good actresses are harder to come by. She is either easily forgettable or replaced by some other vacuous model/actress without any acting skills.:p
  6. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've decided I am going to save my money for Harry Potter since it looks like I will be seeing it 3 times (once for the midnight show, second with the HP convention and third in IMAX on July 29). Darn you Michael Bay! :mad:
  7. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    You say 3 times as if it was a lot... :p
  8. Tatooinepadme Jedi Knight

star 3
    We can't all be as dedicated as you Ming. ;) Still need to find some parchment to go with the quill and ink I bought in Washington DC. Then I can be hermine writing an essay. :D
  9. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah... true... but that's what separates a fan from a legend. :cool: Or mildly insane... [face_laugh]
  10. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Mildly?

Need we remember how many times we opened up for Episode I? [face_laugh]

Meanwhile, not so spoilerish...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/AllThingsNerd/news/?a=8058

Early Review of Film Reveals the Giant Decepticons Gender
    Michael Bay has outdone himself this time.

In a recent review of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Empireonline provided a unique "spoiler" that appears in the film.

"A notable moment occurs during the dementedly frenetic final act of Transformers 2. A robot-on-robot fracas is unfolding around Egypt?s Giza Necropolis, with Devastator, an especially massive mechanoid comprised of several construction vehicles, set on clawing its way to the peak of a pyramid. As it lumbers up the dusty colossus, a shot tilts up to its mid-section, revealing two wrecking balls dangling down. Yes, Michael Bay, the man who brought us cyber-micturition in this movie?s predecessor, has one-upped himself: Decepticon testicles."

The article also describes several Transformers that have yet to be mentioned including "one that can turn into ball bearings to access high-security areas and one in the form of a Dyson vacuum cleaner."

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen hits theaters June 24. 2009.

11. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    It's a boy! That's pretty ballsy...

[face_laugh]
  12. Nebelwerfer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    oh noes, 25% on rotten tomatoes...

CYA TOMARROW NIGHT DUDES!

13. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, even Harry and co. at Ain't it Cool have knives out for this one.

Harry: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41512
    Massawyrm: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41503
    KUFO's Fatboy: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41504

Warning, language is R-rated.
  14. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Another good reason to go to Comic-Con:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Megan_Fox_Wants_To_Roam_As_Slave_Leia_124506.asp

[face_praying]

15. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    Not gonna happen drooling, fanboys. She's just being a (rooster)tease. :D Had to get around those language restrictions somehow.
  16. kay_dee Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, you fell for that Matt? She's just teasing! Here is what is so funny, I was like "Megan who? Whatever..." [face_laugh]
  17. Nebelwerfer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    hmmrmm. I honestly enjoyed the movie and cant' see why nobody likes it. Probably because all the people who reviewed it are not geeks like us and just didn't' "get it"
  18. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Dude when I read Harry, I thought it was Potter... LOL! I was like why does Harry Potter have an opinion about Transformers? LOL
  19. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow it was like 2.4 hours of action pack robot fighting fun and explosion! There were a couple moments that were like WTF as outline in Harry Potter's critic :p but it was pretty dope. It jumps right into the action and keeps going with a couple of lags in the middle about college brownies and queer dogs that were completely unneeded. Regardless the rendering was awesome (ILM) and they were several ILM folks in the audience too. The action was crazy nuts and Megan Fox running in slow mo in IMAX FTW! =P~ I'm hoping for dinobots next! [face_praying]
  20. Nebelwerfer Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I agree with ming. I did however find myself struggling to understand what was going on, especially during the part where they were at the national air and space museum in DC, and then they plow through a wall and it looks like they're instantly in colorado.
  21. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, dunno how they ended up in that aircraft graveyard Blu Ray... Obviously we don't go to a movie like this for plot. lol I wanted to see robot carnage and Megan Fox running around. Mission accomplished on both accounts. ;)

Oh, Tom, we've dubbed you "Blu Ray" from now one. [face_laugh] Just so you know. :D
  22. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    Why didn't you use the [face_chicken] icon? ;)
  23. Harlock415 Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]
  24. JedHead1 Force Ghost

star 5
    Actually, I got in touch with someone who's trying to get in touch with her people. It doesn't hurt to ask. ;)
  25. Jedi_Tenken Force Ghost

star 4
    lol... actually I wouldn't be surprised if she does it. I mean she's famous enough as is (well apparently not to Kat [face_laugh]) but if she did it, I'd attract a LOT of attention. Some what similar to what Olivia Munn did a couple years back but with more tatoos. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.