main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New trash compactor 2 packs! *Offical Thread*

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by darthspino, Sep 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I dont think anyone made a thread about this so I guess I will be the first, Hasbro made the trash compactor scene in 2 packs.Leia and Chewie in one pack, and Han and Luke in the other pack! :D These look freakin awesome IMO :)Check It Out!

Edit by Neck: Edited title to make this the offical thread on this...

2. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    These are 3 3/4" figures right? If so, wow. Must get! :D

3. darthspino

darthspino Tucson FF Founding Member star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    Im not sure, Hasbro didn't say.But I think you MIGHT be able to remove them from the diorama thingy :D

4. Iwishiwasajedi

Iwishiwasajedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    :eek: ! Those look so cool!

Finally! I can make them get squished! :p

5. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    [face_laugh]

That's pretty clever. Typical Hasbro though to make you buy both sets.

6. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

7. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Those do look pretty cool. Glad I have a Wal-Mart nearby. :)

8. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "Finally! I can make them get squished! "

No walls though. Cool idea. Just hope they're well stocked. I just wish they'd give us a break on the 9.99 stuff.

Edit: Actually this will probably cost more than 9.99. Probably 14.99.

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Ok, those are what the Unleashed figures should look like.

I'll get them... probably in multiples. [face_devil]

10. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Just like the ANH 25th anniversary two packs. Thats pretty much what these are too if you think about it.

11. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Those are gonna be great!! I cant wait for those.

12. skunkpunk1

skunkpunk1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    Damn, I can't stand not having a walmart near me

13. bobayodaMN

bobayodaMN Jedi Youngling

Mar 10, 2002
    Did you guys notice the date on that page? Sept 25th. I don't think we were supposed to see that yet. How did you find that darthspino? Pretty cool though!

14. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Man I love the direction Hasbro is going in with these bases, dynamite sculpts and scene recreation. Keep it comin!!

15. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    I have to admit those are very very nice. I really want those and was exited to see they will be available in DEC. So that means maybe we'll find em by Februrary :D

16. LittleGreenMaster

LittleGreenMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 2002
    I love these Trash Compactor Sets, They look pretty Coooool! :) It's hard to tell, but to me it looks like the likenesses are RIGHT ON

Unfortunately I don't buy anything from walmart [face_plain] (Boycott, Long story, Don't like certain Censorship practices) so I'll have to get it through a Website (Scalpers) or Comic shop or something :mad: Oh well, Hope I can find them. :) LGM

17. ThePostman

May 19, 2002
    Yeah I had a bad experience, while working on The Spoof Strikes Back (last action figure movie) I had to buy some spray paint. I was only 17 and Walmart wouldnt sell it to me. The cashier was really rude about it too. She told me to come back with my older brother. I don't have a brother, I think I said something to the likes of "I dont have one" I almost told her that he died to make her feel bad but I didnt...

18. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    A one person boycott? Nice dude.....

19. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Believe me, he isn't the only one. Walmart = [face_plain]

The only time I shop there is if they have exclusives.

20. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    Well Darth Stove :p Nobody has heard much about the censorship I guess, or just don't feel as strongly as me. I 1st heard about this practice when Sheryl Crow had something in a song about Walmart & a kid buying a gun there. Needless to say walmart wanted her to cut that line or they would not sell her album. That is ludicrous! :mad: This was the most covered walmart censorship story. There are others & I don't think walmart has a right to try and manipulate artists into changing THEIR music, Problem is walmart is a Huge chain and musicians get ALOT of pressure from Record Labels to cave in. I understand covering "offensive" or graphic CD covers because it's a store and kids see that stuff & parents get offended. But this is stupid, Records have WARNING labels for a reason!! If you believe this practice to be wrong than don't go to walmart. :eek: I know what you're thinking, It effects my SW hobby sometimes. :( It is tough to have principles, but I try. Just my Crazy "Artist" opinion though. :)
    OK I have finished now. in closing I'd like to Reiterate that walmart Blows :D :D :D
    P.S. Sorry OWA, I appreciate the thought, but a boycott means NEVER! Like I said it's tough! :)
    Unless of course they change their censorship practices! :D

21. Darth_Stove

Darth_Stove Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I understand with the censorship stuff, I think its lame they sell censored music. Unfortunately Walmart is the only place near me that seems to get anything new (not recently though :(..) Toys R Us here is pathetic and nobody else has much either.

22. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    But...if this is a walmart exclusive, then by buying it from a scalper you are supporting walmart and the scalper. Either way, Walmart is getting your cash, even if it isn't directly.

23. LittleGreenMaster

Aug 19, 2002
    I disagree Darth Ignant. [face_plain] Yes I have a couple of toys from walmart, but I got them from a comic shop. The Comic shop BUYS it from walmart (or another party) and marks it up ?% :mad: and I buy from the Comic shop. The only store that has MY MONEY is the Comic Shop. That's how I see it anyway. ;) :D
    BTW I believe the only walmart Exclusive I have is the Original Han,Chewie,Luke(Stormie Disguise) 3pk, Luckily my friend owned the comic store and he didn't mark it up. :) LGM

P.S. Boy I wish I had that 12inch Luke w/ Yoda Exclusive, :cool: I REALLY wanted that one, but the only place I heard that had it was walmart.com! :( oh well "It's not easy being Green" He He :D

24. Macewindu77815

Macewindu77815 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    The freaken link didnt work!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

I think wal-mart is pretty good but my fav is TARGET!!!!!!(even though now they seriously reduced their fig display)

EDIT: Postman are you kidding we'll be lucky to find them by april!!!! ;) :p

25. leif

leif Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 16, 1999
    AWESOME SETS. The figures better be removable though.

if anyone else is having problems pulling it up from Hasbros site try SirSteves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.