main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN New Trek Trailer

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Mike-El, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike-El

Mike-El Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 16, 2006
    Someone grabbed this and put it up on youtube

Trek Trailer

looks shiny!!!

2. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
  3. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Stackpole_The_Hobbit Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Yay legit version! :p

PS: we missed you at PCMRobotChicken :p

4. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Sorry, but Trek is dead for me. It choked on its own gluttony for more fan-boy/girl dollars and then realized it lost ground to Babylon 5. It responded by imitating Babylon 5's more epic elements. Maybe imitating is too nice of a word for it. Perhaps I should spell it out. Trek did a 'five finger discount' on Babylon 5's better storytelling.

The new Trek film is yet another sad attempt to zombify a dead and rotting cash cow. Will it work? Oh I'm sure enough Trekkies will flock to the new film. They tend to be like a well-meaning Pavlov's dog. Salivating everytime Paramount rings the dinner bell. Personally I feel sorry for those still addicted to Trek.

Better stuff has come along. Yet the media and the mainstream still think Trek is the epitome of televised sci-fi. Well it ain't folks. Oh sure back in the 60s, 70s and mid-way thru the 80s it had it's day. But the executives took over and allowed too much inconsistancy to creep in. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Trek just flat out lost control of itself and worse became BLAND.

I'm just happy to have seen the light. I found Babylon 5, Farscape, Firefly and the new version of Battlestar Galactica. All four of these vastly superior shows have had to live in the shadow cast by Trek. Yet each found ways to challenge Trek in narrative, spectacle and character. So the new Trek film's trailer is a big - HO-HUM. Long live the audacity of the Anti-Trek Programming Party![face_flag]

5. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002
    Fixed it for you!

6. Ulkesh2

Ulkesh2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    WHAT !?!

I'll have the good people of the Eville Jedi Fan Club know that the quote Stacky used in regards to me is FALSE! In fact I was relieved that my good friend Stacky would not be blinded by the likes of that new Trekkish preview trailer. Yet now Stacky (the Baltar-like traitor that he is) has made slander against me! How dare he! I call you out Stacky. I call you out to a Arakeen crysknife fight at noon tomorrow! May your blade chip and shatter with your shameless lies. [face_not_talking]

7. Stackpole_The_Hobbit

Jul 31, 2002

8. Mike-El

Oct 16, 2006
    I missed you guys too, it was weird not watching movies with you all on Sunday night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.