main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST New Trilogy speculation: Force Ghost battle and never-ending Prophecy

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sniper_raps, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sniper_raps

sniper_raps Jedi Master star 2

Mar 4, 2003
    My speculation regarding Force Ghost battle between Jedi Ghosts and Sith Ghosts being a major plot over the new three...
    (Based solely on the Movies)

We see at the end of III Yoda tells Kenobi to train on something while in hiding that Qui Gon has learned and revealed about immortality. At the end of VI we see Yoda, Kenobi & Anakin as Ghosts.

Now in the Prequels we see Palp have the force clairvoyance to sense/see things about the future, Anakin in trouble when Kenobi mutilates him, etc...could Palps not have seen some cloud surrounding his own future and how Vader played into it. Sith are known for overtaking their Masters so he could have been prepared. He was later looking for Luke to join the Dark side but also could have had another apprentice in training given that it has been about 18 yrs since he literally made Vader.

18 years is quite a long time to have just one apprentice seeing how in the PT Palp had Maul, Dooku (revealed 10 years after Maul died, but because he was involved with the Clones, he was Dark side 10 years ago or more when Maul was alive and Sifo Dyas) so Dooku was already waiting in the wings so to speak as the next apprentice after Maul just as Anakin was being groomed till he killed Dooku to take the spot.

So back to the Ghosts...who taught Anakin about this attainability of Immortality through the force? Certainly was not the Jedi who learned it from Qui Gon > Yoda > Kenobi by then Anakin went Dark and killed everyone... so it had to be Palp who taught Anakin. (Vader surprised when Kenobi vanished in ANH, steps on his cloak in disbelief)

If that is the case where Palp taught him, could Palp also be in Ghost form? Speaking to another apprentice that he could have been grooming?
    The only other explanation regarding Anakin becoming a Ghost is that he is conceived from Force so he goes right back to Force. But if this is not the case, he has to be taught it and the only one to do that is his Sith Master. If it is taught by Palp then it cannot be just the Good side of the force that can attain this, it is a general force understanding / achievement which means Palp learned it and achieved it too.
    So there could be a likelihood of Jedi v Sith battle: Force Ghost battle and a living Jedi v Sith battle.

Second, speculation specific to the Prophecy...
    The Chose One is supposed to bring balance to the force. Balance means both sides of the equation are equal. Not just that the Sith have to be eliminated.

Anakin, by killing all of the Jedi leaving just Luke and then killing Palp, it was balanced as Luke and Vader remained as the two sides to balance everything out.

But Vader died, the Force is unbalanced again so a new Sith will rise, likely with Ghost Palp having influence.
    It's almost like a cycle but over 1000s of years where there will be a Chose One to balance the force. Through out that time one side becomes very large and strong and then the other side comes to balance it out.

It's like Yin-Yang, darkness is the absence of Light, cold is the absence of heat, cannot have one without the other.

The only correlation that I can think of is its almost like the One from The Matrix, where there has to be something to balance it all out. Not saying that it should be like the Matrix but if balanced is defined as I said above; both sides being equal, then this goes on forever.

If it is not and only supposed to be where Good stands and evil is eliminated then there is no cycle, the Prophecy has been fulfilled by Anakin killing Palp and the New Trilogy is just one giant Good side party with Jedi Ghosts and everyone lived happily ever after with no Dark side to worry about.

Thoughts and conjecture regarding just these 2 specific theories? Yay or Nay Any other explanations to validate or dismiss this?

2. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

I see force ghosts...

3. rocknroll41

rocknroll41 Jedi Master star 4

May 28, 2013
    The Clone Wars (which is still canon) made it clear in the finale that Sith can never become Force Ghosts like Jedi can

thejeditraitor likes this.
  4. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Has it ever been confirmed that 'Balance' means an equal number of light and darksiders? I always thought if balance of the force to be similar to a pool of water. The dark side would be similar to polution in the water, darkening it, ruining it, attacking and hurting all life connected to it. I see removing the polution from the water to be the same as bringing the force into balance. Just my view of it.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.