main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Trivial Pursuit Game: Sign-Up Starts on the 17th! Come! People COME!

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by strawbary, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    YAY!!!!!! Believe it or not! After long and careful consideration....... I have been lucky enough to have recruited Skiara to help me with the next round of trivial pursuit!!!

We are currently going over all the details and more will be posted soon!

I can tell you that the contest will be an on going one.
    It will focus on all 6 movies. 4 weeks for each movie. There will be a winning team every 4 weeks.

The start date will be announced shortly. I am hoping it will take off this month. (I would like to see this start at the end of the month)
    I know there will be a gazillion questions on details, those will all be announced in the rules when the official announcement is posted.

I just wanted to get this out so we can let everyone know not to give up hope and to start rounding up team mates for this next adventure!!!! :)

I think we had 3 to a team on the last one? correct me if Im wrong.....

Anyways, thanks for everyones patience and I am excited to get this one back up and running!

2. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    Excellent, strawbary! I look forward to this very much!

And good work on recruiting Skiara. She's always a great help. ;)

3. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    this should be good! i'll round up my team again.

* note to self, no more bets with jimbo *

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks for posting this, Strawbary. :)

We give our best to bring the new game up as soon as possible. But don't be mad if we need until someday in April, please, because there are tons to do first. Thanks. :)

5. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    I didn't actually do this last time, but I'd love to have a go. I'll see what my local FF thinks. ;)

And good on ya Sabine! :D

6. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    I'm sure I can get a North team together. I'll keep me eye on this.

7. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    *Runs around flapping arms and smiling*

Fantastic!!!

No more bets? Wuss. :p

8. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    how could we top the last one though :p

9. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005

It means the game will take place partly during the summer holidays, doesn't it?

10. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    If everything works out like we plan, yes, it does. But it won't be only during the summer holidays. Keep your eyes open. :)

11. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Ooo, sounds like fun.
    I'll check with my local FF but they didn't seem interested last time so I may need to join with any other loners that may want to sign up.

12. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    It would be great if you can join with a team of your FF. But if you can't find anyone, just let us know. Then we'll find a way for you. :)

And of course for everyone else who have a similar problem. :)

13. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    OK,we proudly announce that Croatia and Poland made their own teams.:D

Poland team_____________Croatian team
    1.Fault_Fett____________1.Jedi_Orion
    2.Raja_lo_______________2.SithSpawn69
    3.Darth Fizyk___________3.Jedi_Caesar

We wait till the trivia starts.Good luck to everyone!!

14. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Wow! The first teams! :eek: Really great! :D
    Great motivation for us. :D

But remember there will be another thread, when everything is finished and we finally start the next trivia game, ok? Then it would be good, if you announce your teams there again. :)

15. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Something involving make up maybe?
    [face_devil]

16. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    looking at your title and colours fills me with worry. but then again, your team only beat my team last time by one bonus point ( one bloody bonus point!! aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!!! :mad: ) so should i really be that worried about a forfeit?

:p

make up sounds a bit sissy o_O

17. Jedi_Jimbo

Oct 1, 2004
    Says the man who wore a dress? o_O

By the way here is the London Team ...

Jedi_Jimbo
    SithLordDarthRichie
    Lord-Tice

We are yet to come up with a name for our team.

18. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    What kind of make up? Normal/light make up for woman? For actors? For clowns? :D

Another team... [:D]

I'm really happy to see such a good response, although the final thread isn't up yet. It's great! :D

19. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Strawbary and I need your help, thoughts and ideas. :)

Right now, we are discussing a timeframe for posting the questions, so you don't have to wait for ages if we can't post the questions in time.

We are thinking about bringing up the questions (for example) on Friday and you all have three days to answer them without the old rule about getting a point to be the first who send them in.

But in the case we aren't able to post the questions within a certain time, say two hours, we want to set up the rule for ourselves, that gives you some safety. We are discussing about two solutions for this problem.

1. If we can't give out the questions within a two hour timeframe, we won't post them on that day, but on the orginal time one day later, but without extending the time to answer the question, so it would be only two days. Since there won't be a point for the one who send in the answers first, we think it won't be a problem, because two days are still long enough.
    And if we can't post them on the next day within another two hour timeframe, we won't post them anymore. So the next questions will be out one week later and we give you an reason why we couldn't post them.

2. If we can't post the questions in a certain timeframe (say 6 hours) on the original day, we won't post them anymore. And the question will be up one week later.

Now we have some questions:
    What do you think about these rules?
    Which one do you prefer?
    What timeframe would you like to see in these rules?
    Or do you have other suggestions?

20. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    this sounds great to me.

the second rule sounds like the game could go on forever; if you miss it one week it knocks on to the next week and so on, so a 4 week game could feasably take 6 weeks if you miss two weeks etc.

i have a few questions though.

what day will the questions be posted on? a friday, so that we get the whole weekend to answer? and when will the questions need to be in by?

answers from the team captain only again?

how long is the game scheduled to last? will it be ongoing, knocking out teams until we have one team left that wins? or will it be a league table again and the top team at the end of the time frame wins?

can we have reserve members in case of drop outs?

in any case, the FF-UK:M team is ready to go, we just have to think of a team name.

21. Jedi_Caesar

Jedi_Caesar Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    I like the first one because the other one could really go on for long....
    And the idea of the league table is nice.Put a poll and everyone will vote and decide....

22. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Lord-Wiz, we haven't discussed/decided on all those questions yet. But I keep them in mind and discuss them with Strawbary. :)

But I can tell you that we are thinking about starting on a weekend, so everyone will have a chance to participate.

Right now we are planning to do an ongoing game, so no one will be knocked out after a certain time. The winner will be the one who have answered the most questions correctly all in all. There will be some changes to the old version, but all in all it is similar to it. And be sure, the details will be posted in the game thread, of course. ;)

Thanks to you both for your opinion. :)

What do the other (possible) player think?

23. Raja_Io

Raja_Io Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    I'm for the first version too, simply because the second one could, as someone said, make the game unnecessarily long.

24. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Thanks Raja for your opinion. :)

If there aren't any other opinion we're going with the first version. :)

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

We're really sad to announce another delay. Because of the FF Awards we won't be able to host the game before the end of April. We are really giving our best to get it done by the end of April.

We are really sorry and we hope that this won't decrease your interest, because this delay just happen because we want to run the game as smoothly as possible.

Thanks for your understanding.

25. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Understood Skiara. Thanks for keeping us posted on the situation

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.