main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW TV SPOTS!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
  2. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Oh dear Lord.

3. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
  4. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    Sup Soothsayer :cool:

I don't want to see this. I really mean it now.. I've seen enough footage as is and I don't want any of the plot points to be connected in some way.

5. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Interesting. Lots in there to discuss. Death of a couple of characters?

6. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Oh no, it's doing the same thing it did to me last time! Can someone post a direct link? Pretty pretty please?

7. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Here you go:

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/trailer/jediaction1.html

8. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I've got all 3 linked in the first post.

9. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    Oh god the arm twisting is painful.. :_|

10. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    Those were mostly pretty cool. I think I liked Jedi Action 1 the best. Unite suffers the trap of just about every TV spot with an announcer I've seen: he makes it sound rather... happy-go-lucky, shall we say.

11. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    Thank you thank you!!! You guys are so nice! I love the 3SA, the quoted lines under neath the original link are awesome

EDIT: my bad, I meant 3NS

12. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Well, I figure by this point, you'll either flee the thread or crack.

TV SPOTS SPOILERS TO FOLLOW - TURN AWAY AT THIS POINT!

Star Destroyers! Grievous looks and SOUNDS incredible! Utapau will be a stunning action sequence! Yoda looks better than ever! Looks like we see the end of poor Plo Koon!

13. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    One thing that stands out to me - Obi-Wan jumping onto that animal looks light-years better than Anakin jumping onto the various animals in AOTC.

Not sure if I like the new choral music in that clip.

Grievous sounds better than the Cingular ringtone.

LOTS of action in this film...

14. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Keep in mind - the OS even says these TV spots are for kids, not adults.

Some sweet sweet action in there, the OSB will rule.

Nice to hear Artoo's "wowwwwwwwwwww" shriek at long last. ;)

"Always on the move" - Obi-Wan r0x0rs.

EDIT: is it possible that Obi-Wan jumping off the ledge when that Big Wheel comes flying leads directly into the shot of him landing on Boga?

15. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Garth - regarding the one character you mentioned dying...I think he's dying in about the best room I could imagine it happening.

16. kingthlayer

Jun 7, 2003
    NOT GONNA CRACK [face_praying]

Must..resist... the Dark Side..

17. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Every bit of Utapau I see makes it more and more awesome. Lizards and battles and duels, oh my!

And I didn't care for the Grievous clip on Cingular's website, but he sounds much better in context.

Unite suffers the trap of just about every TV spot with an announcer I've seen: he makes it sound rather... happy-go-lucky, shall we say.

The OS description calls Unite and Jedi Action 1 "kid-oriented" spots. Also, I think it's a good idea to show that Star Wars are still very fun movies, and not all doom and gloom.

It is pretty funny though to hear the narrator so excited and...bouncy about Anakin turning to the Dark Side. "And his new apprentice!"

18. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    The sad thing is, though, that the little bits from these trailers and TV ads are really starting to piece the story together more and more.

19. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    "Crush them!" - Grievous.

He looks and sounds amazing there - we really haven't seen a villain like him in SW yet, and I'm pretty pumped. My fears were all for naught.

20. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    Everything looks great. Anakin looks so cool, when he just kind of grabs that lightsaber in jedi2, and grievous looks awesome

21. Lord_Hydronium

Jun 11, 2002
    You may notice that Grievous is holding both lightsabers from the same side *ahem*.

I'm surprised they included the clip of "I have a bad feeling about this."

Grievous really is an old-school villain: straight out of an old serial, what with the cape, dramatic gestures, crawling walk, bombastic lines, and the voice. If he had a mustache, he'd be twirling it.

22. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    The OS description calls Unite and Jedi Action 1 "kid-oriented" spots. Also, I think it's a good idea to show that Star Wars are still very fun movies, and not all doom and gloom.

And I agree this is good. I just don't recall narration of this style appealing to me even in my younger days. *shrugs* Could just be me.

23. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Yeah, it was kind of silly and out of context. The 'new apprentice' line sounded like something from a Disney movie, like he's the wacky paperboy from next door who always throws the paper in the bushes.

24. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    "What zany adventures will this wacky duo get into next week? Same Bat-Time! Same Bat-Channel!" [face_laugh]

So I assume we're all agreed that ROTS will have the best CGI we've yet seen?

The space battle looked intense outside Dooku vs. Anakin, and boy oh boy was that reminiscent of ROTJ...

Frame by framed one shot in Jedi 1, I think, where Anakin and Obi-wan are fighting 2 IG-100 droids. Obi-Wan does a quick thrust with his saber. Something we haven't really seen him do in TPM or AOTC.

25. Lord_Hydronium

Jun 11, 2002
    If you're really sensitive about spoilers, don't frame-by-frame. There's some pretty key details you might miss on a normal view, but they're plain as day in slo-mo (the aforementioned person's death, for example).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.