main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW TV SPOTS!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Plus what looks like another big character's death using frame by frame.

Agreed that the CG looks to be the best yet...except...for...that cursed...platform...

2. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I'll put my comments in black, just to be safe.

Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I think I'm the only person on the boards that cares about this creature, but Boga (the lizard Obi-Wan jumps onto) looks absolutely spectacular. I've been looking forward to her ever since I saw a little picture of the plushie Burger King will have as part of their promotion, and I'm the only person I know of that bought her toy. She looks beautiful. The more I see of her the better she looks. Anakin vs. Dooku looks great. General Grievous looks and sounds amazing. This footage has me thrilled.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    WOWIEEEEEEEE!!!

Heart racing...adrenaline overload...gonna pass.................................

4. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I don't care for the announcer, but the footage looks fabulous. :D

5. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    I like that Jedi Action 2 one.. not to happy about the other two.. the announcer annoys me. [face_plain]

6. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Sorry for the dose of negativity :(

But the "Unite" commercial horrified me. I actually couldn't tell what GG was saying and he looked a bit cartoony and not menacing. The velociraptor Obi-won jumped on was a bit much and some of the dialouge seemed ... interesting.

Again I'm sorry!

But Jedi Action 2 looked pretty good.

Jedi Action 1, okay.

I do see that these commercial are aimed at kids and are more "happy!" than the other darker ones already released (which I'm a BIG fan of).

7. Forcefire

Forcefire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 17, 2000
    These were enjoyable, but they probably mark the end of me watching ROTS footage in pretty much any form unless maybe they show something at CIII. I'd say I've seen just about enough (I'd say I'd seen too much if I'd also watched the Pro 7 footage). It's been a nice ride, though.

8. bswb

bswb Jedi Master star 1

Dec 2, 2000
    Um, they certainly are "kid friendly" as the OS calls them.

("kid friendly" = REALLY annoying voice over)

That being said, it looks great. Obi-Wan had some great delivery, and Grievous looks better than I had hoped. Still don't like his voice though.

Not nearly as threatening as the Unleashed or Tragedy ads, but they're aimed at kids, so whatcha gonna do?

9. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    "What zany adventures will this wacky duo get into next week? Same Bat-Time! Same Bat-Channel!"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Very excited about the new ads, even though some of you guys are making it sound like they're less than stellar. [face_laugh] Downloading now!!

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Maul, Jango, Grievous.
    The PT has succeeded in spades in secondary villains as far as I'm concerned.
    I should write an AU TV show about the three of them renting an apartment. :p

MAUL: At last we will reveal ourselves to the roaches. At last they will be exterminated.

GRIEVOUS: Crush them!

JANGO: They're just simple bugs trying to make they're way in our drains.

11. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    [face_laugh] ^

Definitely more for kids, but still, very exciting ads. :D *such a SW junkie* 8-}

12. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I have not watched these yet. Based on the conversation going on it sounds as if i am safe in assuming that these new commercials have a good bit of new footage unlike the last set.

Is that in fact the case?

If so I am gonna try to avoid them. I mean I will see ALL the footage in just ONE MONTH!!

13. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    need advise for these. if i watched the trailers & the other TV spots should i watch these or pass?!?!?!?!

14. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    nevermind i couldn't resist......

15. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    oh my! AnaVader w/ red saber

always on the move

16. qui_gon_jinn_83

qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    Gah, the voice kinda ruined this for me, it's just tooo cheesy, haha.

The footage looks great, though I only watched them once and then deleted them. I must be strong... it will soon be here!

I loved Grievous "Crush them!", sounds fantastic.
    Obi-wan jumping on the raptor thing... Probably the best CGI I ever seen in terms of "characters hopping onto CG creatures". The footage I've seen from this movie makes me want ILM to go back and redo TPM and AOTC to bring them up to this standard.

Obi-Wan "Always on the move". Might be my imagination, but he definetely feels a bit like Alec Guiness there. Awesome moment!

Soon... soon...

17. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    yeah I hated that guy's voice too

18. Darth_Imran

Darth_Imran Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Hmmph. I'm already overly-hyped about this film, and this new footage has had me jumping around the room. :D

I don't have a problem with the voice. I don't understand why everyone is making such a big issue out of it. It actually reminds me of the older trailers for the films.

As for the CGI...what can I say? ROTK just got owned, and so did just about everyone else trying to use CGI in their films.

19. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    got jump on the bandwagon about not being crazy about GG's voice. Sounds like Megatron w/ marbles in his mouth.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Are you dissing Megatron "almost enough energon to rule the galaxy" Johnson?

[image=http://www.transfan-asylum.org/art/pics/megatron.jpg]

I asked Pablo a long time ago if Grievous would be like Megatron, and he said that's actually not a bad comparison.

I need to hear another line by Grievous to decide on the voice. I like the "crush them" line though.

Seriously, just turn the sound off, it's much better that way. 8-}

21. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    The shot of palps/sid laughing evilly OWNS all of these tv spots. I can't wait!

22. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    "Always on the move" - Obi-Wan

Ewan did a good job with that line.

Anyway they look good.

-seldon

23. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    "Tragedy" is still my favorite TV spot, but these were still cool, even with the annoying announcer. I love Grievous' voice, and Obi-Wan's lines are excellent. The CGI's looking excellent as well. :D

Is it really another month? :_|

24. MYMUTHAZ

Apr 17, 2001
    yeah i haven't been able to watch it with sound yet....

25. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    I thought all of these were great. Of course the Unite announcer was too much, but it said that it was for kids. Of course, it seems kind of weird that they would use a cheesy voice like that to pander to kids when the film is PG-13, but we all know that the rating won't matter, tons of little kids will see this anyways. I didn't think the first two were meant specifically for kids, I think that just referred to Unite. I thought the action was great and the Grievous shots/voice was excellent. Did the Obi-Wan creature remind anyone else of Buckbeak?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.