main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW TV SPOTS!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    It's so funny, I've read the screenplay, and you see some of these lines on paper, and think "yeah, that could be okay."

Then you see the delivery in the film, and it's SO much better.

"Always on the move" is an excellent example.

I can see why Matt Stover had to elaborate on many of the scenes, because a screenplay is not like a novel.[face_thinking]

2. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    Oh crap. I haven't been reading this thread because I thought it was the old thread about the first three TV spots. I gotta check these out!

Something interesting I noticed. In one of those shots Yoda is jumping up onto a Senate pod and igniting his saber. In the theatrical trailer we saw him igniting his saber in a completely different context. Hmmmm [face_thinking]

3. Darth_Rags

Darth_Rags Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2005
    Unite is my favourite. Those tv sports put my mind at erase as to how Grievous works.

4. NorCalBirdz

NorCalBirdz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 28, 2004
    My little bro said he saw Jedi Action 1 on TV today and it said "Rated PG-13". He said it sounded weird because the ad and announcer were so lighthearted.

5. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    I don't like the way GG looks all hunched and no-neck in the "Crush them" spot. I noticed this in another similar spot on the OS.

I am sooooooooo &#^%&(g! excited about what I think will be the last shot of the film (I won't describe it for spoiler-phobes). I think those of us who have frame by framed it know what shot I'm talking about (I can't remember which TV spot it's in though.)

6. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    I love the fact that Grievous is all hunched over.

Evil is always corrupt, and even corrupts the body in SW. He is supposed to be a bit of an abomination, I think.

Plus, I don't think he hunches over when he fights - in that one quick shot of him swinging at Obi-Wan from the trailer, he looks taller.

7. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    My computer has no sound.

I could see images, but hear absolutely nothing.

I feel blessed. :)

8. Spare_Parts

Spare_Parts Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2002
    Hmm these new tv spots sound too spoilerific for me. I think I?ll have to restrain myself from watching them. :_|

9. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Its looks like our good buddy Plo Koon is gonna bite it. *plays taps*

10. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Jedi Action 2 is pretty good. The Palps laugh is just pure gold. Evil.

11. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I just saw Unite on TV today and saw the death of one of my beloved characters. I'm devastated. I knew he would die but I wanted it to be a surprise and I don't like the way he goes down.

12. Kish

Kish Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2004
    Well, we don't really know what happened on the lead up to his death...

13. dojotony

dojotony Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    I'm pretty much assuming every jedi dies except yoda and obi-wan.

Which is partly why the movie should be amazingly fun.

14. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Amen to that, dojotony!

15. Fobok

Fobok Jedi Master star 1

Nov 15, 2001
    Well, just saw a new commercial today, on TV. A bit too much information in it, a few too many new lines from the movie. Feel spoiled, wish I hadn't seen it. Unfortunately, I was so shocked I didn't take the time to make special note of the opening of the commercial to warn people.

16. slimybug

slimybug Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 14, 2001
    Yes, I saw it too. It was awesome!

Slimy!

17. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Wow it's so cool, I haven't seen any ads yet until today and now they are all over the place!!

EDIT: OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH! I just saw a NEW NEW one on tv... and it was amazing... a lot of Padme dialogue and it was just so fantastic! I have chills all over! This is going to be the best movie of all time!

18. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Well, just saw a new commercial today, on TV.

Wait...a new commercial that is not Tragedy, Dark Side Unleashed, Unite, Jedi Action 1 or 2?

19. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Nope, brand new. :D

I saw it during That 70's Show. I had it DVR'd and had fast forwarded through half of it when I realized that it was a SW commercial. Since I don't see many on tv, I rewind it to watch, only to realize it's a NEW ONE! AHHHHH! It's a bit spoilery, I couldn't believe all that was in there. But I loved it. Can't wait for it to pop up on the OS.

20. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    :eek: that was the GREATEST tv spot ever. It was spoilery but I don't care, I loved it!!! When Anakin looked all evil a tear ran down his cheek! and great Padme lines with feeling...read at your own risk

"You're going to kill him, aren't you?"
    and "Anakin, you're a good person, don't do this!"

21. Garth Maul

May 18, 2002
    Meh.

I don't have cable, it's not up on the OS.

Time to look elsewhere.

22. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    Well I saw it during Smallville, Jediprincess saw it during that 70's show, your best bet would be to tune in to the WB :) When I was watching Smallville I saw loads of commercials (Pepsi, cingular, video game) so if all else fails just watch the WB.

23. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    Apparently there are 2 new spots going around. I just got one from a friend that was aired on TRL this afternoon and it wasn't the new one that I saw. It's pretty good too, though. :D

24. leelee

Jan 4, 2003
    Well did you see the same one I saw Jediprincess? Did you see the one that began with padme and Anakin hugging or did you see the other one? What is the other one about?

25. JediPrincessKas

Aug 9, 2002
    I saw the Anakin & Padme ad and I like it better. The other has some stuff with Palpatine. I only watched it once, so I don't remember too much about it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.