NEW TV SPOTS!

Discussion in 'Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Garth Maul, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    wow, this is obviously going to be the greatest movie of all time.:p

Or at least, one of the best looking.
  2. Darth_Imran Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh...my...

Anakin crying? :(

This is going to be the most emotional film ever. I almost felt like crying as I saw "To Protect You" for the first time. :(
  3. leelee Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh gosh, seduction was just as great!!! I'm just on cloud nine right now!! I am so happy :D This film is going to be so tragic!
  4. Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost

star 6
    [face_dancing]

The only thing I didn't like about these two is the happy annoucer going "Rated PG-13!" at the end. :p
  5. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow. I'm very impressed. There were four or five separate things in "To Protect You" alone that shocked me. And "Seduction" further cemented my belief that General Grievous is going to be amazing. I'm amazed that each round of TV spots has been better than the last thus far.
  6. BenjaminBirdie Jedi Padawan

I was actually most impressed with Hayden's "I've missed you, Padme." Probably the most honest feeling SW interaction since Han and Leia.
  7. Darth_Zoo Jedi Master

star 4
    O gosh, I didn't want to see these but I was too week!

Seduction was sha-weet! I cannot wait any longer! This movie is going to be most impressive.
  8. Darth_Surgent Jedi Master

star 4
    I still want an official version of the TRL spot. :(
  9. Whizkid Jedi Master

star 4

Are there any specific spoilers or is it just more new dialogue?
  10. obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Master

star 4
    If you've watched the other trailers and TV spots, there isn't anything too big to spoil you. Just some new lines and a few cool shots from the movie.

These last two have blown away "Tragedy". Some very cool lines in both, and good acting from everyone. :D

But is it just me, or does the Palpatine voiceover about the Sith ruling the galaxy in "To Protect You" sound a little too high-pitched? It sounds like he's breathed in some helium before speaking. :p
  11. stormcloud8 Force Ghost

star 4
    I was going to try not to watch these...and then BOOM one of them was on TV. So I watched the other on the OS...and all I can say is HOLY CRAP.

McDiarmid is KILLING with his lines. Unbelievable. I particularly love his first line in the seduction trailer. So soothing, calm, yet dripping with evil. Holy crap. Like he's trying to pick up a girl at a bar. Amazing.

Only one question - the line about 'sith' in the protect trailer...if that is Ian, it sounds very weird. Agreed Kanathan, something is off with it.

I was literally jumping up and down with excitement after watching the seduction one. Like the raging dork that I am.
  12. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    I've decided not to watch these. Two weeks is nothing.
  13. silvermark Jedi Knight

star 1
    Agreed. Not watching these.
  14. DarthTickle Jedi Master

star 1
    Links:

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/epiii_protect_480_dl.mov

http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/epiii_seduction_480_dl.mov

Well, I broke down, but at least I can provide some good direct links that work!
  15. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Good for you guys. Do NOT watch anything more at this point if you can at all help it.

storm - let's just say his voice sounded a little tired to me.

Every time I hear McDiarmid speak, my heart goes faster - it's a step back in time to ROTJ. :D

Grievous' eyes - holy crap that looks awesome!

Obi-Wan's face when Padme asks him that question? Brilliant.

The more I see, the more I realize I will have to see this movie at least 15 times in the theatre. 8-}
  16. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    I've seen what I believe to be a new TV spot on TV the past couple of nights. It has no new footage, but it is cut differently than any trailer on the OS. At the end, it shows the title, then it shows Sidious lightsaber swinging shot(the one from the teaser), then it shows the date and then it's over.
  17. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    Gah, nevermind my last post. It's just the one that starts off with Mace saying "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi"
  18. Padlei Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks for the link, DarthTickle !! :D

For some unknown reason, the OS didn't want me to watch "To protect you." It kept playing "Tragedy". [face_laugh]

Anyway, I suck so I broke down and watched one of them. OMG, it's great! [face_love] Emotion, emotion, emotion. Anakin really looked vulnerable in that one and that shot of him kneeling in front of Palpatine! :eek: Holy cow!
  19. DarthTickle Jedi Master

star 1
    It was showing me Tragedy, too. That's why I figured out how to get to the direct links. Geez, at first I say I won't watch them at all and then I'm looking at the page source to figure out how to get to it...

I'm weak!
  20. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I just got major goosebumps from the "Protect You" spot - and a little teary eyed.

What Padme said to Obi-Wan just put a huge knot in my throat. :_|

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!
  21. MYMUTHAZ Force Ghost

star 3
    i'm so glad i didn't listen to them!!!
    one was on last night while we were watching the apprentice or whatever. me and the wife shut our eyes and plugged our ears.
    i was so proud!!!
  22. TurnedJedi Jedi Master

star 2
    I want to see them...

But I won't.

But I'm so weak...

No, I will hold out for two more weeks.

Hopefully...
  23. Queenie Amidala Force Ghost

star 5
    What Padme said to Obi-Wan just put a huge knot in my throat.

Agree.

I cry at movies. I can be an extremely emotional person. However, I do not cry uncontrollably at just anything. I cry when I feel attachment to the characters. Whenever I have suspended my disbelief and fallen into the story, I cannot help but react accordingly with their emotions. In short, there is no character ever created in the universe that I have ever been more attached to than characters in SW.

That being said, I'm worried about being the psycho in the theater that doesn't just sniffle or shed a tear or two. What if I'm the one that sobs? [face_worried]
  24. Mace Windy Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If the movie is as good as they say, then even the people sitting directly next to you won't want to peel their eyes off of the screen for long enough to hear you sobbing.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!
  25. qui_gon_jinn_83 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Queenie Amidala, your post made me think. What if all of us here in this forum were to see this film together.
    I could just imagine the sniffling/crying in the theatre. :p

Another thing while I am it. These trailers and TV spots made me realize something. I have really, really attached myself to these characters seeing the PT. It's odd when people say that these films don't have the "feeling" or the emotional concent the OT has, because I think I feel more strongly for these characters even though I grew up with the OT.
    I think I will really crack when I see these characters going through the pain that they will surely feel in this film.

Perhaps it is because I've known from the start where the story will go. Watching "The musical journey" from the Revenge of the Sith soundtrack DVD is nice, because it tells the story of Star Wars in a fairly short amount of time. Not really the PT and OT, but just Star Wars as a whole.

I am sort of rambling here, but all these reviews and TV spots floating around makes it hard for me to think coherently. :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.