main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC new twitter thread

Discussion in 'Community' started by epic , Mar 24, 2011.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Only if you use it incorrectly.

2. Jensaarai1219

Jensaarai1219 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2006
    It's there a correct way to use it? I recently joined to play along with the Chris Hardwick's Twitter shows and others. I have yet to get any use out if it

3. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    evan's assessment of what it's good for is actually mostly correct. i use it to follow sites, museums, magazines and things that i'm interested in. which does usually mean following links to their content that can't fit in the 140 character limit. and yeah, lots of bite-sized stupidity. i've got my feed to where it's consistently informative and often hilarious, but i also only really need to check in a few times a day to catch up.

4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is exactly how I use it; as a newsfeed. It's great for that. I don't use it to interact with others at all (I don't tweet).

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    Yeah I barely tweet either these days. But you do get the odd ing come through that's interesting. A girl in gaza was posting videos of flares lighting up the 3am sky and the sound of drones in the background in real time the other night and that was just an interesting thing to have access to.

6. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    It being a great newsfeed is what I love about Twitter, but I tweet too, and it enjoy that for the most part, especially when it's led to a couple of instances of a lame claim to fame.

:p

EHT likes this.
  7. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I had a tweet tonight from a Rugby club who are doing an event to raise money for a breast cancer care charity on Saturday (they are pulling a ten tonne truck ten miles - Rather them than me [face_laugh] )

They asked if I could give them a retweet to my followers, which I did. I then asked a couple of my famous weather forecaster followers if they could retweet my retweet, which they did - Within a couple of hours this charity event has potentially been publicized to many thousands of people.

Twitter is great for that sort of thing, though does that publicity ultimately translate into the most important thing - Money for the charity? Would somebody give £10 based on a tweet that pops up on their twitter feed? I don't know.

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    According to Twitter, when you deactivate an account:
    "We will only retain your user data for 30 days and then it will be permanently deleted."

9. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah, but that's probably a lie.

10. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, maybe. :D

Edit: What they're also getting at is that you can change your mind within that 30 days simply by logging into that account again, but after that point you can no longer do so.