main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary New Users Check-In Here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jan 27, 2006.

1. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    First of all... Congratulations! You have taken your first step into a larger world.

With all the new people joining us these day I figured we better start this thread.

Let me tell you a little bit about our group. We are the Calgary Fan Force (Calgary's Chapter of Fanforce.) We have only been in existence officially as a club since March 21 2005, yet we have held many fun events in that short period of time. Membership in our club is free. We generally have at least one meeting each month. We want everyone who wants to actively participate in our group, to be able to. Occasionally we will hold an extra meeting if there is an event coming up that we need to plan for.

Past Events we have done include: Trucefest BBQ with the 501st, Episode III pre-screening and Midnight release at Chinnok, Hill Hurst Comic & Toy Show, Westercon, HMV Sith Midnight Release. And more to come.

The Calgary Fan Force website can be found here:

http://www.calgaryfanforce.com

If there is anything you would like to know about the club that I didn't cover above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Please take a few minutes and tell us about your self and what Star Wars means to you.

Again WELCOME!

2. ravencrow666

ravencrow666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2006
    my name is reid an i've been checking into the sight for a few weeks now. i enjoy drawing, sculpting, painting, and costuming. i've doen many costumes starting witha sceaning of Spider-man:
    Spider-man red/black & black
    Wolverine
    The Punisher
    Indiana Jones (a very young one)
    a jedi for Star Wars 3
    i enjoy cosuming and have asperations to be an actor. I came across a few of you and the 501st last year at the hill hurst con and it will be nice to meat people with the same interests as me namely Star Wars.

3. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Great to have you aboard Reid.

4. willowkk

willowkk Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2006
    Hi everyone!

I used to be registered here a few years ago but I can't remember my old name...Anyway, I'm from Calgary and have been a Star Wars fan since the re-release of them in 1997..wow, that was a long time ago. More of an OT fan, though I do like the PT. A friend recommended me to this place so I thought I'd drop by.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

5. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Welcome to the boards Willowkk. May the Force be with you.

6. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad to have you back on the boards. Hopefully you can make it out to the next meeting in March.

Ryan

7. ima_clone

ima_clone Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2006
    Hi. I'm new here. I don't live in Calgary at the moment, but i will soon enough. just looking to meet some new friends in the calgary area

8. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Welcome to Tosche Station! We hope to meet you when you hit town.

9. Kalion

Kalion Jedi Youngling

May 7, 2006
    Hey ppl Kalion here i'm new i met some of you guys at the Big Four Convention :) Just wanted to say hi to Boba Jay and Yrol as well as Michelle ;) (cutie) lol anyway thats about it lookin forward to meeting more ppl

Kalion

I am between the hilt and the saber...I am the balance

10. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Nice to see you made it here. Looking forward to having you at the next meeting and greet soon.

Ryan

11. SithatHeart

SithatHeart Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    Hi Kalion --

Welcome to the group!

M.

12. Yunafix

Yunafix Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2006
    Hello, I am also a new member. I was persuaded by your guys booth to join up.

13. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    We're so high pressure...just kidding, hello to all you new folks!

14. LEXIAL

LEXIAL Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 29, 2004
    Welcome to all the new members! Glad you visited our website and that you enjoyed the Expo! Hope to see you all at some of our meetings and events.

15. TD8828

TD8828 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2006
    Hi Everyone! Colin here, the Badlands Tusken Raider checking in, I don't know how much time I can spend here but will try to check in and contribute when I can. I've met some of you at shared Fanforce/501st events.

I had a great time this weekend at the Comic Expo here in Calgary entertaining the crowd :)
    and I hope to get to know you all better at future events!

TTYL,
    DZ/TD/TX/TK 8828

16. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad you made it here Collin and the rest of the new members. Hope to see you around more and more.

17. veritate

veritate Jedi Master star 2

Oct 25, 2004
    Welcome to Kalion, Yunafix, and TD8828!

We're glad you could join us! (Took you long enough, Colin!)

The good news is, we don't have any hardcore "requirements" to membership. You've all signed-up on the board. That is the "hardest" requirement. Once you've joined us at one of our casual meetings, you'll be full-fledged members! (YAY!)

We always look forward to meeting new people. See you soon!

~ veritate

18. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Hi ima_clone!
    Hi Kalion!
    Hi Yunafix!
    Hi TD8828!

So glad you guys signed up on the boards. Good to see you at the show and hope you enjoyed it - we had a fantastic time! Hope to see you out at future events!

Ba weep gra na weep ni ni bong! (Universal greeting from TransFormers ;) )

19. TD8828

TD8828 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 9, 2006
    Thanks for the warm welcome!

I hope to come out to some Fanforce events in future, I'm considering doing a A'Sharad Hett costume since I already have most of it and it shouldn't take much to finish.

Opinions? Suggestions? I'd like to hear what you all think.

Oh and I do sleep once in a while :)

20. Starkiller77

Starkiller77 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2005
    The Tusken Jedi would be awesome... I'm still itching to see your Darth Revan costume!

21. Ralwor

Ralwor Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2006
    My name is morgan. I have been a fan of star wars since... well before I was born! I am only 18, and my friend and I are working on a film based on star wars. I am into various types of music, especialy various subcatigorys of METAL because I love it! I am what you would call an evil nerd! Lots of things will actualy require you to actualy speak to me, so Im not realy going to bother posting everything about myself on this thread. Have any questions, just email me at morgan.ir1337@gmail.com

22. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Greetings to our new members! I look forward to meeting you all (again)!

23. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    Hello everyone. My name is Jason and I got my first taste of that Calgary fan scene when I attended the recent Comic and Entertainment Expo last weekend. (In case you were there, I was dressed in my post office uniform) I have been looking into making my own lightsabers for a long time now and it's great to see a group here I can be a part of for tips and support. I am a thirty-something fan of all things Star Wars and from checking out your new website, it's nice to think I'm not alone.

I currently have a full time job at the post office in addition to doing illustration and web design on the side. I like making short animated films and always have been wanting to do a Star Wars related piece. In the future, I would like to make my own Stormtrooper armor when I get some spare time. As for non-Star Wars interests, I like drawing, cooking, movies, anime, golf and collecting toys. Thanks.

24. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Welcome, to you also!

Another anime fan! Cool!

A few of us are planning on going to Otafest (at UofC) on Sunday, May 21st. Interesting in joining us? We still have final arrangements to make, but that is the day we are looking at.

25. Darth_Corro

Darth_Corro Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2006
    I was checking that out yesterday. It sounds like fun. I like to go to these events and take pictures of cosplayers. I'll bring my friend. It's the only time he gets to go out and talk to people. He's on midnight shift and I am on days. For some reason, people insist on getting their mail every day. lol...