main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary New Users Check-In Here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jan 27, 2006.

1. ShatirLavan

ShatirLavan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 19, 2005
    Welcome LordFuron! Were you at the meeting last night, by any chance? If not, don't worry. There will be another one in February. The best way to get to know us online is to just jump in on the discussions and make your thoughts known. Always glad to see new members!

2. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    Meetings! Right on where do they take place?

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    We usually have meetings at a pub or lounge. Always nice to see new faces. Hope you can get to next months meeting. But like Shawn said. just jump right in. We won't bite.

Ryan

4. LordFuron

LordFuron Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 23, 2007
    I work goofy shifts sometimes but I will make a effort to be there.

5. Shuffledog

Shuffledog Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2007
    Hey folks! It was 'bout time I got involved. Some of you will know me by other names like 'Zab' or 'Phil'... They're all good.

Happy to be here!

6. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Welcome Shuffledog, Zab, or Phil! Join the party!

7. DrHaggis

DrHaggis Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2004
    Welcome LordFuron and Shuffledog!

8. Rietzey

Rietzey Jedi Youngling

Feb 2, 2007
    Hey everyone, I'm Tyler, but I do actually go by my username, so feel free to call me that.

Not new to Calgary Fan Force, but new to the forums, so I figured I would check in.

Love Star Wars, love Transformers even more, but hey--now they're two-in-one, so I'm sold..

Looking forward to talking to all of you.

9. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad to have you join us Tyler.

10. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Hello there
    My name is Peter and I love Star Wars, which is why I am here obviously. My main interests are my tape sculptures, which those of you who were at the last meeting saw, and army building my GAR. I didn't know about the FanForce here until I discoverd Red 5 and Dooks told me about you guys. Thanks for inviting me to the meeting even though I'm not technicaly a member*, Its nice to be a part of the community.

*two years until I can officialy join, argh!

11. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad you found us Peter. Your sculptures are awesome.

12. LunarVixen

LunarVixen Jedi Youngling

Feb 15, 2007
    Hi People, Thought I should get my butt together and get on over here! And say hello to all of you!

I'm Carolyn... heh heh

13. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Welcome Carolyn! The easiest way to get to know us (and for us to get to know you) is if you just jump in on the discussions. Post away!

14. AaylaIsMyWife

AaylaIsMyWife Jedi Youngling

Mar 15, 2007
    Hi! My name is Garrett, and as you can probably tell from my alias here, I like blue women. I've loved Star Wars ever since I was a wee tyke and I have carried that love into my ripe old age of 22. I consider myself a collector, I have 5 Force FX lightsabers, Luke's episode VI, Anakin's episode III, Darth Maul's (two, because you can't have a Darth Maul saber without having it in its full duel-bladed glory) and my Yoda episode III was just shipped yesterday, so I'm really excited about that one. I also collect the action figures; I doubt I have nearly as impressive of a collection as a lot of the board members, but it still does me proud.
    Outside of Star Wars my main hobby is comic books. I read approximately 50 regular titles, and numerous mini-series (I tend to remain in the mainstream Marvel and DC, but I do read Fables, Star Wars: Legacy and the new Buffy season 8 title). I also have an incredibly huge collection of DC direct action figures, upwards of 300 and constantly being expanded.
    I am an english major and upon receiving my degree I plan on going to law school. As an english major I have a passion for both writing and reading; Pre-19th century english literature is my specialty and my favorite writers would be Keats, Byron, Eliot, Browning and Yeats (And yes I'm aware both Yeats and Eliot are 20th century writers, they are my only exceptions)
    My favorite shows are Boston Legal, The Office, Heroes, Family Guy and South Park.
    I'm really excited to be a member of this community; I only found out about it recently but I've been interested in joining a group like this for some time now. I look forward to meeting all of the members, and until then, may the force be with you.

15. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Glad to see you made it over here from facebook, Garrett!

16. Flux_Harbrin

Flux_Harbrin Jedi Youngling

Mar 19, 2007
    Hey my name is Tyson, Garret(Aaylaismywife) as you may see up just a little bit, actaully called me and told me about this group shortly after he found out about it. i've been a star wars fan for a far shorter time than garrett, but nonetheless still a huge fan. i do collect the force fx lightsabers as well (being the mace windu, and obi wan from episode 3), as well as some toys as well. i look forward to meeting all of you in the near future!

May the Force be with you,
    Tyson

17. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Welcome to our little community! It's a great place to talk Star Wars and make friends. We have a meeting next week - hope to you both can make it out!

18. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Glad you guys found the site and hope to see you at the next meeting as it's always fun.

19. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Wow! Welcome to all the new members!

Because of where I live, it may be quite some time before I actually get to meet any of you in person.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy yourselves!

20. Griffin_Firetail

Griffin_Firetail Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2007
    Hello to everyone. my name is Jason Scott. aka Griffin Firetail (my SW d20 dm character's name hehe)

im an avid star wars fan. and have enjoyed adventures in a galaxy far far away in multiple ways. including (but not limited to) Lightsaber Battles with friends irl. Star Wars D20 game sessions (every two weeks. game coming up this friday so lemme know if you wanna join!) Star Wars Galaxies, (yes i know its horrible but i love it because nothing beats throwing a storm trooper into a wall with the force)
    ive played almost all of the console games since the snes. Im also an avid star wars fan on the PC with the Jedi Knight series of games. and of course the great games in Knights of the Old Republic... what else...

im also a transformers fan. and im married to my beautiful wife Ronalie. and very intersted in becoming part of the fan force.

any questions please let me know

21. ShatirLavan

Sep 19, 2005
    Welcome Jason! And an early welcome to anyone else who joins up following the expo.

22. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    Hi i was just wanting to say hi im new

23. TapeTrooper515

TapeTrooper515 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2007
    Welcome to Tosche Station Thoneon! It's always a pleasure to meet a new member.

24. Nythaka

Nythaka Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2007
    Hello!!

Met a few folks tonight at the Chinook meet, thought I'd come to the board and introduce myself. My name is Jon, and I've pretty much been a huge Star Wars fan for years...and really I don't know why it took the recent ffwd article to comprehend that there would be a group of Star Wars fans here in Calgary...but none the less, I know now!!

I'm a writer/aspiring filmmaker, and I'm in the middle of writing a sci fi project, that I hope to one day film (so I'm always on the lookout for creative folks to get on board the project at some point) and to practice my editing skills I created a Machinima film, set in the star wars universe called Final Redemption. (for those not familiar with machinima, it is movies filmed in the environment of a game...in the case of mine, it is filmed in Star Wars Galaxies)

Well I suppose I'll just leave it at that for now, but not without (for better or worse) sharing some links to things I have done.

Final Redemption Series The final redemption series is 3 stories, one outline of Roleplay events and 1 movie. If you like to read fan fiction then you can click here and it'll take you to a page to read the stories before my film, if not just click here and watch the prologue to get somewhat caught up

(I urge people to watch episode 6 or 7 first to see if it catches your interest...then if it does go back to the begining and watch all the way through....total running time is 2 hours and 15 mins...and the reason I say 6 or 7 is because it is the build up to the climax, but doesn't give the climax away...and the first couple episodes are a bit slower moving...but that's ok!! A New Hope was slow moving at the start too!!)

My bonus stuff for Final Redemption (including a couple interviews with me so if you want to put a face to the forum guy...here ya go)

My first ever 3D animation - Bweep VS AT-AT

Animated storyboard short on the sci'fi/fantasy concept I am working on (though these are animations I am actually hoping to film this live action someday) with a bit of a intro from me...

and my Battlestar Galactica, season 3 alternate ending parody (possible spoilers if you havn't watched the whole season 3)

and...I write songs now and again, so here's a silly video I made for one of them (if you ask nicely I'll share my song "the jedi drinking song")

and.....well that's about it. Looking forward to meeting you all and getting to know you all better!! Feel free to add me to MSN if you use it. I'm at tadosmail@gmail.com

(at tonights meet there was talk of working on a fan film....just as a FYI, I am all over that if there is interest)

Cheers

Jon

25. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Greetings Nythaka ,Thoneon & Griffin Firetail. Glad to see you guys made it over here to the boards. As you can see this is where the fun begins. Most of what happens with the Fan Force goes down here. Glad to hear you guys could make it out to the meeting on Tuesday. I wish I could have but I had 10 yards of top soil to wheel barrel into my yard tonight. I think I got it down to about 2 more to move.