main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary New Users Check-In Here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Thoneon

Thoneon Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2007
    yes there are alot of us that do ethe coutming thing but there are only a slect few that i am aware of that belong to the 501st

o by the way welcome to the bords

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Welcome to the boards Pat and John. I did get your forms and will have to wait till after the next meeting till I can put it up as you do have to attend a meeting to become an official member, But that just a technicality. Glad to have you both here.

As for the 501st requirements I would head to 501st.com and look at that site. It will tell you the requirement for which ever costume you choose to do. Then goto the badlands.ca and talk to that gang as they can help you get said costume.

As Yrol said we are a social group that just like to have fun as we all have a love of Star Wars.

The Next meeting will be posted shortly so Keep your eyes open.
    Ryan

3. Reilong_Dri

Reilong_Dri Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2008
    Hi I'm Adrienne, just joined and looking forward to being nerdy with other people!

4. Thoneon

May 15, 2007
    welcome to the boards to the pople that i have missed

5. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Welcome Adrienne!!

6. PATGIFF

PATGIFF Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2008
    thnx much appreiciated, nice to chat with Star Wars fans.

7. Reilong_Dri

Apr 28, 2008
    Yay thank you Thoneon and echosevin! I look foreward to possibly seeing some of you in person at the next meeting, by the by where will the details for the meeting be posted just out of curiosity? The Force is SO not with me I have terrible luck when it comes to navigating forums like these.

8. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Adrienne Welcome to the forums.

The next meeting detail will be posted within the calgary forum and will be stickied to the top so nobody misses it. You should see it posted shortly.

Ryan

9. MightyMichelle

MightyMichelle Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2008
    Why hello there!
    Well all in all I'm a huge Star Wars nut, I basically include it in my everyday life. Haha.
    I go to Alberta College of Art + Design, and somehow I try to include as much Star Wars as I can in my projects.

Well I found out about fanforce through the Calgary comic expo 08, yet have not come accross you guys before in previous comic expos.

I've been into Star Wars since before I probably even understood English haha.

Well that's about it and I'm pretty stoked to go to Star Wars events!
    -Michelle

10. Dooks

Dooks Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Welcome to all the new people hope to see you all at the next meeting.

11. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Greetings Michelle. Keep and eye out in the next few days for the next meeting location and date.

12. PATGIFF

PATGIFF Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2008
    thnx PreludeRM, I talked with the Garrison CO and informed him that i would like to make an emporers guard outfit. Those guys look very menacing.

13. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    Just wanted to thank you for welcoming me,cant wait to meet you all and be part off something this good yahoo!!!!! May The Force be with us all.
    Thanks once again.

14. Thoneon

May 15, 2007
    weblcome tho the group every one

15. Jedi_Ranger_007

Jedi_Ranger_007 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 15, 2004
    Welcome everyone! Hopefully you can all join us for our May monthly meeting!

16. Midi-Ree-Vess

Midi-Ree-Vess Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2008
    Hi Folks!,
    I'm Jedi Matt(35 yr old geek)from down in Medicine Hat. I'm joining the Calgary Fanforce at my brother in law Darcy's(Boba Fett TK/BH 4130 / www.superbigfuzzgun.com ) recommendation as it's the group closest to Medicine Hat(it's like going into exile on Tatooine down here I assure you). I am a professional IT techie as well as accomplished hacker and an un-accomplished musician(lol). I started to get serious about Star Wars costuming a few years ago and into prop saber building about a year ago and ideally want to get more involved with the local Star Wars Fanforce community... maybe build a Medicine Hat division? (is there another fan here somewhere?)
    Anyways I really wanted to say it was great meeting some of you at the '08 Calgary Comic Expo! HOLY was that FUN! Great job on the booth! WICKED DISPLAY OF ARMOR! MAUL(Dave was it?) your costume RULES! I was the Jedi in the white tunic and tabards with the black cloak and boots there with Boba Fett/Darcy on the Saturday. HUGE thanks to him for getting the tickets! You all really made me feel welcome. Wish we had made it the Sunday too after seeing the pics on the calgaryfanforce site. I totally want to become more active with the costumed events and build more wicked lightsaber props out of dead hard drives. I realize it's going to be kinda of tough to get heavily involved in the Calgary meetings from here in the Hat but I will definitely be up (again in Jedi fatigues) for whatever the next event ends up being if you all will have me? Definitely Vulcan days if you folks are doing it this year? Hopefully I will get to meet those of you that I didnt at that or some point.
    Thanks again for the wicked times hopefully can do it again soon. May the Force be with you all!
    Matt aka Jedi Midi-Ree-Vess

17. Thoneon

May 15, 2007
    welcome, yes it was david in maul, i was thinking of going to valcin days but not shear yet

18. echosevin

echosevin Jedi Master star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Welcome Matt - thanks for all the compliments. The booth did look pretty awesome this year.
    We didn't actually meet, but I did see you a few times and was really curious about your robes (you looked great). It doesn't take much to start you own chapter, and we'd be happy to help in whatever way we can.

Good to have you onboard!

19. Texanadian

Texanadian Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2008
    Hi guys,

My names Leland and I just wanted to give you all a hello.

Been a fan of Star Wars for as long as I can remember, and finally remember to getting around to signing up here.

I am a member fo the Badlands and building a set of sandtrooper armor atm.

anyways, hope to be able to participate in some activities and meet you guys in the future

20. Midi-Ree-Vess

Midi-Ree-Vess Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2008
    Hiya and thanks for the welcome echosevin and Thoneon! Nice to meet you! Yes echosevin I was really checking out the brown robes you had in the booth as you probably could tell... I was just totally overwhelmed by the crowd turnout and just how many people showed up in uniform. Darc wasnt kidding. Looked from the pictures like WAY more Jedi turned out for Sunday and I was totally up for some practice dueling too... rats! You folks really fun
    Thanks for the compliment... I just finished the white tunic and tabords within the last couple of weeks. I normally do the rotj Luke Jedi tunic but I wanted a somewhat "generic" light Jedi costume so I used the T Style outer tunic template on http://www.padawansguide.com/outertunic.shtml but I modified to flange wide instead of straight down at the bottom of the T. The boots were old 20 hole docs with modified spats made from cardboard, bondo automotive plastic for re-enforcement, black cord fabric and leather. The cord spats will soon have thin metal bands running vertically down the grooves in the fabric but I broke my wire cutters cutting the steel pieces a couple days before the expo so they didnt quite get done.
    Can I post pics on here somewhere so I can show off the saber hilts I've been building?
    Anyhooo nice to meet you both and I'll be sure to say hi when I see you next.
    later Vaders,
    Ree-Vess

21. PADAWAN-JOHN68

PADAWAN-JOHN68 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    Hi is PADAWAN-JOHN68 I will be at the meeting, on May 22 at 6:30 pm,Hope to meet you all there.
    Thanks for the info. Is this A New superstore?

22. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    It opened about 6 months or so ago. So yeah I guess you could call it new.

23. Obi_Wan_Cody

Obi_Wan_Cody Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2007
    Hey Adrienne. We met you at free comic book day. Glad to have you in our little group.

24. Thoneon

May 15, 2007
    welcome to every on that new to the boards

25. Reilong_Dri

Apr 28, 2008
    just out of curiosity what day is next month's meeting on? I need to know now because I have to book it off for work.