Calgary New Users Check-In Here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Darth_Haggis Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm not an authority on the subject, but I think @PreludeRM will likely say "come out to the next meeting (there are details in the other thread) and introduce yourself."
  2. Neorob Jedi Padawan

Thanks for the info. I was planning to come out to the next meeting unless someone specifically told me not to. This does not seem like that kind of a group however.
  3. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Hey NeoRob.

Defiantly come out to the September meeting. We are a pretty easy going group. Just make sure to bring your love of Star Wars. :)
  4. Neorob Jedi Padawan

For sure, kinda hard for me to go anywhere without that. I look forward to meeting everyone.
    echosevin and PreludeRM like this.
  5. Darth_Henning Force Ghost

star 3
    Just noticed this section of the forums. Will try to pay more attention to it now.
  6. TD 47163 Jedi Youngling

Hello, Dave Graham here from Calgary. Checking in as instructed. Thanks for the invite. Hope to meet all of you in the future.
  7. PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta

Chapter Rep
    star 4
  8. JoelPeterson Jedi Youngling

My name is Joel and I have been a Star Wars fan since viewing the original trilogy when I was about five years old. Now that there is hype about new films, I recently sat down with my four year old daughter and watched all six films. She then wanted an R2-D2 toy of course which I went out and bought for her.

It's a bit of a rough time right now. The industry I work in is in turmoil and I have been recently laid off. So in between looking frantically for a new job while I study for a couple of IT certifications, I have dived into Star Wars. It has always been a form of escapism for me in darker times, so I'm looking to connect with people who love the series as well. I am not an expert on it; I have read a few books and things over the years and am currently watching Rebels and Clones, but my Star Wars knowledge is not exhaustive. Just looking forward to what is next, and hopefully meet some people who I can go see the new film among when it comes out, on day one!