main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Calgary New Users Check-In Here

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by PreludeRM, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I'm not an authority on the subject, but I think PreludeRM will likely say "come out to the next meeting (there are details in the other thread) and introduce yourself."

2. Neorob

Neorob Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2013
    Thanks for the info. I was planning to come out to the next meeting unless someone specifically told me not to. This does not seem like that kind of a group however.

3. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    Hey NeoRob.

Defiantly come out to the September meeting. We are a pretty easy going group. Just make sure to bring your love of Star Wars. :)

4. Neorob

Neorob Jedi Youngling

Sep 2, 2013
    For sure, kinda hard for me to go anywhere without that. I look forward to meeting everyone.

echosevin and PreludeRM like this.
  5. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Just noticed this section of the forums. Will try to pay more attention to it now.

6. TD 47163

TD 47163 Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2014
    Hello, Dave Graham here from Calgary. Checking in as instructed. Thanks for the invite. Hope to meet all of you in the future.

7. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Glad to see you Dave.

8. JoelPeterson

JoelPeterson Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2015
    My name is Joel and I have been a Star Wars fan since viewing the original trilogy when I was about five years old. Now that there is hype about new films, I recently sat down with my four year old daughter and watched all six films. She then wanted an R2-D2 toy of course which I went out and bought for her.

It's a bit of a rough time right now. The industry I work in is in turmoil and I have been recently laid off. So in between looking frantically for a new job while I study for a couple of IT certifications, I have dived into Star Wars. It has always been a form of escapism for me in darker times, so I'm looking to connect with people who love the series as well. I am not an expert on it; I have read a few books and things over the years and am currently watching Rebels and Clones, but my Star Wars knowledge is not exhaustive. Just looking forward to what is next, and hopefully meet some people who I can go see the new film among when it comes out, on day one!

9. MaraDaniels

MaraDaniels Jedi Knight

Sep 6, 2012
    Hi! I'm Mara and I'm an alcoholic. Wait, wrong forum ;)

Star Wars is...well, it's my home. Some of my favourite times have been at Celebration and some of my greatest friends were made through...well, actually, through the JC forums ages ago! I left the forums (real life happened and I had so much to do for a while) and lost my old logins. Probably my favourite thing about Star Wars is, and always will be, the pilots! I got into the EU reading Mike Stackpole and Aaron Allston (RIP :( ) and to this day the x-wing series is my favourite.

Anyway, I'm moving back to Calgary in a few days and I'd love to meet other Star Wars fans there!

Yub yub and MTFBY! :)

PreludeRM likes this.
  10. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Mara, glad to see some others still use the forums. Great to hear your moving to Calgary as we are the only surviving Fan Force still going strong in Canada. Love to see you out at our monthly meeting when you arrive.

Ryan

11. MaraDaniels

MaraDaniels Jedi Knight

Sep 6, 2012
    As you can see, I didn't make it today, lol. But I will hopefully be there with bells on next month!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Sounds good. Next Meeting is Sept 13th I think, so save that date

13. MaraDaniels

MaraDaniels Jedi Knight

Sep 6, 2012
    Will do! Why didn't I see this until now? lol

14. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Next meeting is Sept 20 Maradaniels

15. Unit51

Unit51 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I have returned from my exile and dang it, I just couldn't get anyone to contact me about my old username. The ability to log in to it is insignificant next to the power of the Force. I guess.
    Old_Republic, now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time.

PreludeRM likes this.
  16. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Trevor is that you. head over to the facebook page as that is where most stuff goes down. I'm not surpirsed about nobody getting back to you as the admins around here don't seem to care about the Fanforce's anymore.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/calgaryfanforce/

17. Unit51

Unit51 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    That's me. I don't really use facebook very much, I suppose that's why I've lost touch. I'm actually surprised that I'm not already a member of that group though

18. Kashuula Korulanlaa

Kashuula Korulanlaa Jedi Master star 2

Jan 18, 2016
    hello
    i am from Athabasca

19. Ryuuri-chan

Ryuuri-chan Jedi Master star 1

Jul 22, 2005
    Hi !

I'm Karen and from Calgary. I don't know why I didn't look for a star Wars group in Calgary sooner.

20. PreludeRM

Oct 28, 2002
    Karen. Welcome to the fan fonce. Have you found you're way to the Facebook page as most of the stuff takes place there. We keep this place alive as that's one of the only rules to be a fan force. I do pout or regular monthly meetings here, but there is more going on on the facebookt page for sure.

Ryan.

21. Kotmozomo

Kotmozomo Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2016
    Hello
    I'm Aric and just checking in here, hope to see many new people soon at the Thursday night showings of Rouge One.
    And if anyone wants to play the new dice game Destiny let me know.
    (already been to the facebook page)

Aric Thompson

22. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello there, I'm from Ontario.