main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~*NEW USERS READ THIS FIRST!*~ FAQ Version 3.0

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedi_Samantha, May 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    This really is a fantastic thread.
    It would be nice to either have it as it's own web page, (like the Theater's FAQ) or a mod edited thread rather than a new thread every several weeks. This way, you direct people to the same link every time it's needed rather than have to look up what the "current" link is.

For example, there is a similar thread going in the theater forum, which contains a link to "version 2" of this thread to help people with costume questions. To keep current, a mod will have to edit the link to point to this new thread. It will be very frustrating to have to continually update the link.

Looking forward to a single link....

Thanks again for the great information!

Have fun!

2. Java_Jedi

Java_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
  3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    (Here is the updated one that is going to be posted)

Firstly, PLEASE PLEASE look around the board before you post a topic. Theres a good chance that it is already there. If you want to show us your new costume, or have a sewing question, or a question in general, a new topic is NOT needed for that. Please post it in the Costuming social thread

Secondly, welcome to the Costuming & props message board. Please take the time to read this thread as it may answer your questions without the need to start a new topic.

A note on administration:
    If you need to contact a moderator to lock a thread or to report abuse, please use the Users Online feature. Anyone with multiple colours should be able to help you out. Just click on the "Send PM" button and inform them of your situation.

COSTUMING & PROPS OFFICIAL FAQ
    Many of the FAQ's listed below are basically taken from the RPF's FAQ.

1. Important terms to remember:
    FS: For Sale
    FT: For Trade
    WTB: Where to Buy
    Pics: Pictures/photos
    LOL: Laughing Out Loud
    BTW: By The Way
    FYI: For your information
    OT: Off Topic
    WIP: Work In Progress
    ANH: Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope
    TESB: Star Wars: Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
    ROTJ: Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
    TPM, Ep1, or SW1: Star Wars: Episode I: The Phantom Menace
    AOTC, Ep2, or SW2: Star Wars: Episode II: Attack of the Clones
    Ep3, SW3: Star Wars: Episode III

2. What is considered on-topic on this forum?
    Anything that has to do with Star Wars costuming and props such as a resources, pics, information, etc. Polls are usually considered off-topic unless they are truly related to costuming and props. There are a lot of forums on TFN's site, and chances are you will find a place where it is appropriate.

3. What should I know about posting links to prop websites?
    Make sure that they do not sell or contain links to places that sell unlicensed prop replicas. Most of these people are doing this in there spare time as a labor of love and we want their work to be available to future costumers and us. Don't post or pass along this info unless you have the blessing of the person who is making it. By following this simple rule you can ensure that costumers can enjoy great replicas in the future.

4. How do I pass along info on prop replicators and still keep it safe?
    TFN's Private Messaging system is probably the best way to do this. Send the links to a person using private messaging, but do be careful about who you send it to. LFL may be sticking spies at various forums so check their profile and read their posting history. It's pretty easy to find out if someone is trustworthy or not. But when in doubt, don't send it to them, there are plenty of other members who can help them out.

5. I asked for prop replica info and they said no? What's a newbie to do around here?
    First of all don't take it personally. We have to be careful about who we send our info to. Just hang on the forums a while and introduce yourself and get to know people here. In a month or two ask again.

6. I found an eBay auction for a prop? Should I post it here?
    Do not post eBay auctions unless:
    • You have the permission of the seller
    • You are a bidder on that auction. It's unfair to screw someone out of a deal if you aren't even bidding on it.
    • You suspect that the auction is scam or is ridiculous (e.g. real working lightsabres, Tatooine sand, etc.) [/l

4. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    to bad you can't get these to lock at the top... Nice update... Bump

5. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Ohh but it is at the top!Lookie up on the maroon on the left :)

6. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
    Cool deal... looks nice up there. hope it gets used... :)

7. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Ditto. The only way to tell, I guess, is to count how many new redundant topics we get, if any.

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
  9. StormtrooperPrincess

Apr 10, 2002
    Ummm... you don't have to keep bumping this up now. *points to the left corner of the top navigation bar* See? A permanent link.

10. anakin_sky

anakin_sky Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 13, 2001
  11. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
  12. Java_Jedi

May 20, 2002
  13. StormtrooperPrincess

Apr 10, 2002
    Darlings. We have a permanent link to the FAQ at the top of the page, in the little maroon menu bar, on the left. We don't have to keep bumping this one up.... At least, I should think we wouldn't have to.

14. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    no we don't.

stop bumping it.

15. Lil_Miss_Amidala

Lil_Miss_Amidala Jedi Youngling star 1

May 21, 2002
    I love this tread... so much easier to find stuff on here with!

16. Azeem

Azeem TFN Staff, Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 12, 1999
    Thats why we creating a PAGE with the information. Look on the top teft in the maroon bar.

TFN Costumes Forum FAQ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.