New villain Hans Solo shoots without waiting to be shot at!!

Discussion in 'Episode IV: Spoilers Allowed' started by Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've just seen the scene.

It's terrible. Cold-blooded.

"Hans Solo" shoots a green alien (just a guy in a costume, why no CGI?), just because the alien threatened him with a gun and was planning to collect a bounty on Hans's head.

I've just seen the one scene, so I can only imagine Hans is a villain. But someone who shoots first could certainly never be a hero. That's just too heinous a crime to be redeemed from; not like Anakin, who only killed Younglings and helped the Sith take over the galaxy.
  2. AmosMoses Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Wow, first ROTS is PG-13. The scene you're describing sounds like this new one will be rated R.
    But, who knows. Maybe George didn't have the time to get that scene right? Maybe the alien really shoots first but we can't see it? Either way, what's done is done and George is smart enough to leave a scene alone once it's done.
  3. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    My sources at Lucasfilm tell me that this is an alternate take, George wanted to test out differant scenarios for this encounter, and he finally settled on one, which is nearly identical to the take that you saw, excepting that in the final version that will make its way to the film, the alien will shoot first, giving Han provocation to kill him.

Han (not Hans, there are no Swedes in space) is not a villain, I cannot clarify other than that, adn that he will have interaction with our main heros.
  4. Ludo_Kressh Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I hope they go with the Han shoots first scene, it would be way cool!:p :D
  5. ThrawnRocks Force Ghost

star 6
    Maybe the green guy isn't CGi because GL liked how Tion turned out so much that he'll be using more guys in costumes.

That would be really lame. It'd like ruin the feel of Star Wars.
  6. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Wow, I'm looking forward to seeing this new villan!
  7. DarthButt Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Yes as am I. And I just want to say I am appalled that this film is not politically correct. :mad: [face_not_talking]

But I thought his name is Hand Solo? :confused:
  8. Vengance1003 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Han would do someting like that, maybe the green dude shot first
  9. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    I found a pic of him. He's a kinda scruffy-lookin scoundrel:

[image=http://www.fireflywiki.org/img/Mal23.jpg]
  10. MercenaryAce Force Ghost

star 5
    Looks familer....

A clone mayhaps?
  11. MOC Yak Face Moderator, Classic Trilogy

Manager
    star 4
    I think that kind of unprovoked violence sends entirely the wrong kind of message. It's time GL started thinking more about his younger audience. Kids go to see SW too you know!
  12. Siaynoqsbride Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, this Hanz sounds like a scummy kinda guy to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.