main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New visual effects tips and tutorials web series from Dastoli Digital

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by darthdastoli, Jan 30, 2012.

1. darthdastoli

darthdastoli Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2000
    Hello, Dastoli Digital here (we made The Vorzyd Gambit back in 2003, hosted by TFN). We recently released a web series on YouTube called "Simple Tricks and Nonsense," which teaches how to make production value enhancing visual effects using practical applications from shots pulled from no-budget movies we made in the past decade. This is very much geared toward the fanfilm-making community, and it is cerainly a resource that I wish we had back in high school. Subjects covered include scene-stealing effects like explosions and model spaceships, but also invisible effects like set extensions and face replacement, which can make ten dollars look like a thousand dollars. Not only does it cover general tips that they will never teach in film school, but it gets down to specific tutorials in After Effects, with a bit of Photoshop and 3D Studio MAX thrown in as well. Here is the link to all 25 webisodes on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2B20D1B93B68C825&feature=viewall

2. Altureus

Altureus Jedi Knight

Jan 6, 2011
    Thank you very much for posting these. I'm sure I will use these when I begin to do visual effects in my films later on in life. Right now I just don't have the time to do so, you know college and work to support it. I wish I could have been a part of the Ryan Wieber, Dorkman Scott, Nate Cauwe, Teague, and others crew when they boosted their reputation from these fan films. Again thanks for the info.

3. Boter

Boter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2002
    OH MY GOSH SO MUCH TO GO THROUGH

I'll definitely be taking the time to go through it, though, I've been really impressed with your stuff in the past and look forward to sitting down with these :)

4. Ende

Ende Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 18, 2006
    Wow!! Some really great stuff there. Thankyou for posting. :D