main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NEW WEBHOST - CHECK IT OUT

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by JediTAC, Sep 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    '5GB of transfer' means that people are allowed to take 5GB of content off your site each month before you are over your limit. So if you have a 100MB movie hosted, obviously you are looking at only 50 downloads per month and you are in trouble.

I'm pretty sure Data rate is the 'width of the pipe' that the data flows down. The higher the data rate, the more information can flow at any time. If your service provider has a low data rate it doesn't matter how fast your connection is, they aren't going to be able to provide the information any quicker than their data rate will allow.

BTW I can't log onto my site at the moment on either machine, nor can I reach it on ftp. I can't access TAC's 3D forum for that matter either.

2. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    Oh. Well it's not just me then. My subdomains are now inaccessible, but my main site still is. But funny thing is... I never uploaded my main site or anything for that matter to my new account after I changed the nameservers. ???

3. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Oopsie. Towerhost have confirmed that there is a problem with the server, and they are working to fix it.

Fortunately it's only a Star Wars fanfilm site I have hosted there, and not my 'proper work' so it's no real disaster. The old saying is true, you get what you pay for. :)

4. DaftMaul

Feb 18, 2001
    Well the site is finally back up - hopefully this time for good.

The server my site (and other peoples) was on apparently had a duff hard-drive, which meant it kept conking out. Everything has now moved over to towerhost.com (and another server) and is working again. It's been a pretty ugly beginning, but fingers crossed everything will be fine from here on in.

5. Tri-Som_Gare

Tri-Som_Gare Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    Just to re-iterate Daft here, I received several emails saying that they had problems with a server that alot of us were on, so after working on it, they decided just to move us all over to another one. We did have to change the name server info with our domain register, but it only takes 5 minutes. Granted, it has been a bit of a bummer that they have been down as much as they have, but they seem to have it worked out. I am looking at getting several more domains, so I am watching this carefully. They really do have nice hosting packages and for the price, it is hard to beat.

Daft, I was able to get about 250k from work. I will try from home on my cable later tonight for you.

Gare

EDIT: Daft, the download has leveled out at 166k. Not too shabby

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.