main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA New Website up and running! MySpace Volunteers?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay, so I busted out a new VCFF site real quick tonight. It's nothing special but it serves the purpose. The other one was way out of date and difficult to update so I wanted a new one up before C4. Please check it out: www.venturacountyff.org. Let me know if you see any problems or want to add anything.

Also, you'll notice at the bottom there is a MySpace link that leads to a very empty MySpace profile. This is the future home of the VCFF MySpace profile, it'll work a lot better than the group we have now and allow us to send bulletins and stuff to remind people of meetings as well as maybe get us some new members, since some people seem scared to join the forums here. I'd prefer not to have to run this profile myself (but, of course, I will if no one else wants to) so if anyone would like to be in charge of this I'd really appreciate it. I'll get it started, make it pretty and add everyone to start out but if anyone would like to take over after that to maintain it that would be cool. All you'll have to do is check it every couple days and go through any messages and add requests we get, if we get adds from random people send them a letter encouraging them to come to a meeting or whatever. Also, somewhere on the profile we should have the info for the upcomnig meetings so I guess you'd be in charge of updating that as well. So, any volunteers?

2. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I love the new look! It's great!

As for volunteering, I'd like to say that I'll do it, but I have to get my computer at home up and running. I can't access MySpace from work. I'll keep you posted as to when my compy at home gets put together.

3. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Like the new site!

Two quick nitpicks, may be just me...but I have to highlight the scrolly box to see text. Also, in the members list, I see your icon but not your name, marma.

I'm really unreliable with MySpace right now, but I could do it temporarily. I seem to log in about 2-3 times per week.

4. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Hmmm, that's VERY annoying. What browser are you using GB?

5. YoungJedi11

YoungJedi11 Jedi Knight star 5

May 20, 2002
    Now that I actually have a computer again, I should be able to take care of it. I make the rounds on all my websites at least once a day.

6. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    IE 6.0.something

Hi, YJ!

7. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'll try to fix that ASAP, GB.

I'm letting Jonathan (Gizmosrealm) and Garrett both have the MySpace info. Between the three of us we should have it covered.

8. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I think I've got the site optimized for IE now. It works on my version, which I think is the latest. Check it out when you can GB. Thanks.

9. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Ah, looks good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.