main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO New West County

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthDan, Dec 13, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDan

DarthDan Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2000
    Since I am also a fan from west county and it looks like the other one was closed, I decided to start a new one. I don't want this one to get closed either, so don't post here if your a "troll", or whatever they are called.

2. DarthDan

Dec 13, 2000
    Apparently Chyren is not from West County and he assumes that no one else here is. I don't really know why he closed it cuz it seemed clean to me, but I hope he doesn't close this thinking I'm like a troll or something.

3. Darth_Athena

Darth_Athena Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2000
    Welcome!

I have no idea why it was closed, though I'm thinking it may have something to do with whatever that King person posted... Though why they would close the whole thread is beyond me.

4. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Hello, Darth Dan!!! Big smile and warm welcome! Hey, Darth Athena, now there are FOUR of us! If everyone else would show back up, we'd have like 7 or something!

OK, I just have to say, that I, for one, was VERY UPSET to see that original West County Thread closed!!! Very upset! Reasons being:
    a) I had just posted about the nice way that the FanForce forums are run! and it was Mr. K of FanForce that is the one who said that they would still be run in the SAME WAY that they were before we got put on the JC page. So that is annoying.
    b) I don't know how DD knew that Chyren is who closed the thread, but he could have at least posted some explanation or something. All I know is that I go to my neighborhood forum and for no reason that I can discern one of our threads has been closed.
    c) I suspect that closing the entire thread was probably unnecessary and going overboard, and it would have been better just to eliminate the inappropriate posts. Although I admit that I have no idea how many there were, and it probably was the easiest way to handle but STILL!! The FanForce forums are supposed to belong to us fans!

Well, sorry about the rant, but geez that annoyed me!

Good to see ya, DD!! If you get bored with only the others of us on the St. Louis site, there are some very fun people on the Chicago and Minneapolis forums!

5. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Wow! 4 whole people!

6. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    You will have a fully-populated forum yet, St. Louis! Feel the Force flowing through you! ;)

Thom

7. DarthDan

Dec 13, 2000
    I'm begining to understand why it was closed. Some people had their own opinion about the way things were being run around here and that wasn't liked by the higher ups. It's not the first time I've seen this on here.

8. DarthDan

Dec 13, 2000
    btw-This "blizzard we are getting is really starting to get annoying! Anyone else(the other 2 people here) agree?

9. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes it's annoying me! Send some to Minneapolis. The snow here is now all gross black. We need a fresh layer to cover the grime.

10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    You can have Chicago's snow if you'd like. We've already gotten more snow than we normally get in December and there's still more on the way.

Phil

11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    I WILL rule the universe!!! This morning I woke up to swearing as the neighbor attempted to shovel the sidewalk. Anyone else need my super weather powers?

With affection-
    Snow Queen

12. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    If you wanted to be really cruel, BF, send some of that super-snow down to, say, Mississippi or Alabama.

An inch would cripple 'em. I know, I used to live down there....

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Thom

13. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Anything to get rid of this snow here! I hate snow! And there is nothing left at the grocery stores! These people around here decide that when snow is predicted, even if it is only an inch that they have to go grocery shopping. Somehow, it always makes the news. (I used to live up in chicago...)

14. joda29344

joda29344 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2000
    People from west county unite!
    Let our force powers combine to melt all of the snow away so all of the increadibly stupid people can go back to being only stupid people! Oh yeah, and make that 5 people from West County!

15. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Welcome, joda! Hope you continue to show up often, and post often!

That's all I have to say about that!

16. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi Joda!!!!!

17. 1800CallAWookie

1800CallAWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2000
    Hi there! I'm not from West County, but I like the area (even though I'm a South County boy...at least I'm not one of those city folk....just kidding city peeps).

Anyway, just wanted to say hi to some nearby fellow fans.

And yes, this snow sucks....but at least its beginning to melt. Go 40 degree days!

Oh, and anyone have a Force-rigged snowblower out there???? :)

18. Darth_Athena

Nov 29, 2000
    Welcome! And finally, another SouthCounty person besides me!!!

19. joda29344

Dec 29, 2000
    go back to south county where you guys belong! jk

20. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    A fellow Jedi Talk listener! All right! Stormtrooper Bob was the best. (Not to be confused with Bob a.k.a. Le_Penguin over at the Chicago boards.)

Phil
    IJC member

21. joda29344

Dec 29, 2000
    Stormtrooper bob is definatley the funniest thing that I have heard from fanfilms

22. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Nov 26, 2000
    Stormtrooper Bob was originally a weekly segment of a program called Jedi Talk, an Internet radio talk show all about Star Wars. They have a toll-free number, so you can call in and talk about our favorite space fantasy. There's also an IRC channel that listeners participate in. It's on every Sunday night at 8. Check out http://www.jeditalk.com/ Joe Boulden, graphic artist from The New Jedi Knights Game will be their special guest in the second hour next Sunday, January 7. The topic for the first hour is "What Did You Get for X-Mas?" with the first 20 callers getting an autographed poster signed by Boulden. They only have one phone line, so they can't take calls during the interview.

Phil
    IJC Member

23. joda29344

Dec 29, 2000
    where are all ma homies?

24. 1800CallAWookie

1800CallAWookie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 23, 2000
    I be here 'dawg'

25. joda29344