main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New with a specific question

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by staffell, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. staffell

staffell Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2010
    Hey there, I'm a graphic designer/illustrator based in London, Uk and have been huge fan of the original Star Wars movies since I was a wee boy. Recently I created an AT-AT themed t-shirt design (as I myself am obsessed with original star wars t-shirts) and I wanted to share my art with like minded people, so a fellow star wars junkie directed me towards theforce.net. Sure enough I signed up, then foolishly posted a link to my design on sale at shirt.woot, which was promptly removed with notification of advertising not allowed. This is fair enough, I should have thought about it a bit more before doing so.

So my question is, is there any way of sharing my art with the community without it being removed in the same way? I'm confident a good number of this community would enjoy the design!

Many thanks,

David.

2. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It's right, advertising isn't allowed at these boards and that's why we edit out advertisements as soon as we see it. But your question is a fair one.

If you just want to show your art work (without selling purpose), then you can visit FanArt. There you can find many SW fans who show their Fan Art and you can give feedback to their work as well.

Since you can't upload your pics of your work at these boards directly, you need to upload it at another page. Just make sure, it's not a selling page. And if you are not sure, if it's ok the way you like to post it, don't hesitate to ask any mod or HanSolo29 for the FanArt board.

I hope this helps, but if not, just ask again, ok? :)

Oh, and... Welcome and enjoy your stay! :D

3. staffell

staffell Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2010
    Yes, that is very helpful, thank you so much! If I link directly to my website with the image on do you think that would be ok? My site page does in turn have a link to the website where it is selling, but I don't benefit from sales of the t-shirt, so I'm not advertising myself! I really don't wanna piss you guys off!

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It won't be a problem, if you post it like this or this:
    [image=http://www1.theforce.net/jc/icons/expandeduniverse/Yoda_by_Obiwan00.gif]

If you're linking to a website, it really depends on the content. So it would be best, if you sent it to me by PM. :)

You're doing the right things, you're asking and you're wanting to participate in this community. So why shall we be mad at you? Everyone does little mistakes every now and then. As long as it's not on purpose it's fine (mostly). :)

Edit: If you like to pm someone, you need to get 20 posts first. So I suggest to use this thread for increase your postcount to 20 posts in total. :)

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    [image=http://i437.photobucket.com/albums/qq95/amp854/animations/POTC/cjshonor.gif]

I guess I'm the one who locked your thread in SWC. Sorry about that, but we do get periodic spamvertisers who clutter up the forums with annoying and/or unsafe material, so we can never be too sure. And opening the floodgates, so to speak, allowing anyone to advertise anything on the boards, even if it's Star Wars-related, is a complicated and messy line of thought. That said, I hope you can understand why you're kind of having to jump through hoops here, and I just want to assure you that we're not just giving you the runaround.

Even though I locked your thread, feel free to come back to SWC and get to know the community! We're always happy to have new people around. :D

6. Illi

Illi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2010
    Welcome to the forums :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.