1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NZ New Year countdown thread

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kitt327, Dec 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

Then of course there are "Mirror" Years and "Deca" Years, but 2002 isn't either of those. :)
  3. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I just put up my Darth Vader calender. It's hard to know where to put something like that. I mean, you don't want it in such a prominent place that people think your crazy, but then you don't want to have it somewhere so hidden that you never know what day of the month it is. Decisions, decisions.
  4. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm using the LOTR calendar this year, after 3 years of SW calendars.
  5. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    I wouldn't think you're crazy if I see Vader on your wall, Kitt. I say put it up wherever you like and force-choke anyone who has a problem with it! 8-}

6. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Kitt - stick where everyone can see - be proud of who you are, "and on last time how does it go?" ...

(if you dont get the quote - nevermind)

Chansplace DAMNSTRAIGHT!!! Welcome to the Dark Side of the Force my friend!

LOTR 0\/\/n5! w00t!

:p
  7. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    I went cheap on calanders and put my lotr one up that came from mobil
  8. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
  9. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  10. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    So Lord Of The Rings IS eveeil!
  11. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4

I'm using a desk calendar mum got from work (advertising some courier company or other) that I chopped all the NZ landscape pictures off of - now it's only a third the size. :)

Last year I had an even smaller Beatrix Potter (not Harry) desk calendar.
  12. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    I went nuts last year and ended up with four calendars. In my bedroom there was a rainbow one, a Bat one, and a waterfall one, and above the computer there was an elephant one. It was a major task to change them each month, especially when the tacks would fall on to the floor, and you'd be trying to avoid them ...
  13. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    lol @ Kitt

I got a 2002 Diary from an Auntie - so that should help.

Mum also went and got me a wall planner. With a pen. Write on - Rub off. I can see this being quite handy for remembering dates of due assignments / family B/Days etc.

both as good as a calendar. :p
  14. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, you should see what happens to your diary when you start a four paper semester at university. I had this hellish two weeks once, assignments and tests due every second day.
  15. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    huh - (i was gonna say: "im use to it" - but im sure JP or someone would shoot me down :p)

7PE was a killer last year - at times we had 4 assignments (just for PE) at the same time - due the next week - and then we would get another couple.

not to mention the Geo / Stats / Bio assignemnts too.

And I thought 6 form internal assessment was hard. Bursary was ok - but the fact that a huge assignement was only worth .5 of a percent of the year - kinda sucked and took away all motivation (for that assignemnt).
  16. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
  17. Lil_Lisa Jedi Master

star 4
    SFL, especially Bio! Ugh! The memory of lemna and mud crabs still haunt me.

I heartily agree with you ACE.
  18. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    The mud crabs were my favourite part of 7th form bio. We had this really cute baby one, which was too young to be in any experiments, so he was just our pet. The teacher told us to keep it away from the others, or it might get eaten. Don't ya just love nature?

I actually lost my gunboots in the mangroves . . . my lazy friend had forgotten hers and made me go out. I stepped in a big soft mud wallow, and sunk in deep. I spend fifteen minutes frantically trying to dig myself out, before realizing it was my gunboots or my life. I felt like that Horse in Never Ending Story.

Science was always the best subject at school, that's why I did it at Uni. In what other subject can you tell stories about battling the forces of nature and making batteries out of lemons?

:D
  19. Buzz-Bumble Jedi Master

star 4
    Some poor future archeologist will probably find those gumboots and decide twentieth century (wo)man used to carry about rubber drinking containers or something. :)

Sorry to ACERIMMEROCKS, but ...

In yesterday's NZ Herald there was a letter to the editor mainly poking fun at Auckland's traffic problems, but it pointed out that 20 February, 2002 is a palindrome date - 20/02/2002. :D

He wrongly said the next one is 30/03/3003. Really it's 21/12/2112.

Ok, no more palindromes from me, I promise. :)
  20. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Mud Crabs? MUD Crabs? MUD CRABS? MUD CRABS?!?!?!1

We had Crickets - try disecting the MOUTH PARTS of a damn cricket!!!!!

But we had a few cool crickets: "Amputee" (had no back leg) He was our Fav (in our group) cause he may not have had all of his appendages - but he threw his weight around! :D

aaaaaah Amputee how we all wanted you for disection after you were placed in a jar full of gas (he was the biggest and so we assumed easiest to disect)

:D

6th form bio we had to draw fish - filleted Gurnard and Schnapper - the chicks loved the guts and smell!!! :D

lol @ Kitt's sig! (read mine first - and no it wasn't "out of context" - LIAR!)

Buzz: get this:

level - backwards is - level OMG! :eek: :p
  21. Humble extra Jedi Youngling

star 5
    wall planners are best..........nofussnomuss
  22. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    and it came with sticky things for the wall - or else i guess it would be a floor planner

[face_mischief]

23. ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Master

star 4
    At our school we have these compalsiry diarys but no one uses them and they end up at the bottem of school bags with other stuff
  24. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    All high school's have those ACE. Only 3rd formers use them at my old school for the map, in the first week or two.
  25. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, I used my diary!

//nerdette

Mainly for sketching in, but I still used it. It also had my timetable in the front, which I never could remember, until the last week of school.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.