main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Padu, KY New Year Mark Downs

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by pacervader, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pacervader

pacervader Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    Ultimate Darth Vader Kits have been marked down from $46 to $21.00 at the Benton Walmart. They have about 10 of them. Also 500th Vaders are $11.00 at the Murray Walmart. I've also noticed Palpatines and Bail Organa basic figs marked down to $4.00. Otherwise, the pegs are bare after the carnage that is the holiday shopping season. Has anyone seen anything good at the Paducah Walmarts? pacervader

2. LordINVAR

LordINVAR Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2002
    Last week both the Mall WM and Southside were clean of ANY SW figures. I mean PICKED clean.

The mall had spread out Batman and Vader costumes to fill the emptiness.

Southside looked to have most of it's toy department in carts parallel parked throughout the department. Plentiful Marvel legends and Fantastic Four seemed to be the only offerings.

Sithmonger and I found a lone Saga Bib Fortuna laying on a pile of mismatched toys in an unrelated aisle at the mall. Scouring the entire department and finding no others, we took pity on the orphaned Bib Fortuna and took him to the checkout with a panalopy of other Walmart necessities like toothpaste and deodorant.

Things Bib desperately could use judging by his sculpt.

These are the dry and lean months, that for over 10 years have been dreaded and loathed by we collectors.

I imagine it might be March or April before anything good graces the pegs.

3. TKYTROOPER

TKYTROOPER Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 18, 2005
    Crash Comics is having a sale this week 2nd.-7th. 25% off pretty much everything. Since all the retails stores are bare might be a good time to spend some of that money downtown. I know they still have some Gentle Giant busts and tons of toys. As well as a good time to start the S.W. Miniature Battles game 25% off boosters you can't beat that even online with shipping. I dropped a few credits there Mon. and going back Thurs. for more minis. The sale includes S.W. tradepaperbacks too, there is some good reading in those Dark Horse Comics. Just a thought since its going to be bare pegs fore the next few weeks. Plus they are letting us promote the Saga Weekend there.

4. SithMonger

SithMonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    Wal-Mart's in Paducah are restructuring. The one by the mall now has several rows for 3.75" action figures that are bare and waiting to be filled any day now. Hopefully Wave 1 will hit again since it was depleted so fast, but I'd say Wave 2 of '06 Saga is probably going to hit too. Of course, they had plenty of room for those ghastly SW Transformers too. But be on the look out for new figures any day there I would believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.