main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Year Meet - Skydome, Coventry - Sat 19th Jan,.

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by rebeljediknight_88, Dec 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Good idea. I was just going to show up wearing my most obvious sw costume, but I think this will draw fewer er--nasty stares. Or giggles.
    I also previewed the ice rink today, it was great but busy! Times are 11-4 or 8-10 and it costs 8 pounds with skate hire.

This is more or less what I look like now, but I'll wear my green hat to stand out.
    [image=http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/Sauntaero/camping.jpg]

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    haha i remember the Midlands' groups VERY FIRST meet! we met at star city,birmingham and i didnt know who i was looking for so i wore my jedi costume lol. it worked! they spotted me! HEHE.

3. DrPaine

DrPaine Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    lol - I wont turn up in my Jedi Costume... apart from anything else I think I'd freeze to death! It was made for Celebration in July and adapted accordingly, so I wouldnt die of heat shock on the Tube.

I'll have to post a picture later this afternoon, the computer I'm on here wont let me upload photos (stupid thing... wont even let me LOOK at photos on upload website things, so all I can see is white boxes on your photos... and I presume thats not what you look like :p ). But I'll hopefully be wearing my Star Wars Hoody to the meet anyway, so that should make it obvious :D

Fran x

4. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    yer i think i will be wearing my R2D2 top (spelt like ACDC) that i got from CE!

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    This is me ...
    [image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/Southport_Tim_2.jpg]

Ok, ok lol. This is me (since I have my hair short atm probs best to use this rather than my myspace one. I'm on the right honest :p )

[image=http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m309/timbolton/tim_and_mark_hamill.jpg]

I have booked my train tickets, so I am in :)
    I have a saver return, so can travel when I like, I'll probs arrive in Conventry for 10am (tis going to be about a 3 hour journey). Times back for me would either be around 6pm or 8pm, as long as I am in Liverpool for around 10:30pm so I don't miss the last train to Ainsdale a bit after that.

We need -
    Definite meeting place and time.
    Somewhere to eat (lunch/tea) - I am vegetarian, anyone else have dietry needs?

Usually with meets, I'd say people can have my moby number (I'll PM it if you post here that u need it) so that if it does get hard to find us, you can text/ring and I can let people know where we are. Lil Dave (RJK) said he is happy to do the same just on msn, right Dave? Also means that unless u need to, new members don't have to give out their mobys to what are currently strangers.

6. DrPaine

DrPaine Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    Ha, I got it.

[image=http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3943/picture0159lz8.jpg]

I'm the only girl in the picture ^^ So thats easy.

As for meeting times/places - probably best to meet outside the Ice Skating Rink at the Skydome (just cause its at the front, rather than round the back where the cinema is)? I mean... its hard to miss ^^ Right next to the big IKEA... not that the skydome isnt already HUGE in its own right. I'm open to any time of day, as long as its not before 9am, cause that's just wrong. Well... it is for me anyway ^^

Lunch etc... well... I dont eat out in Coventry very much, but Pizza Hut Buffet is always an easy option? Failing that, there is a Food Court in one of the shopping malls in town. That way everyone can get what they want but we can still all sit together ^^ And Forbidden Planet is close by! (which looking at my bank balance is probably not such a good thing).

Looking forward to Saturday!!

Fran x

7. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    [image=http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3943/picture0159lz8.jpg]

Oh the Fox Excel. That takes me back :)

8. DrPaine

DrPaine Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    It was awesome. Limbo with a Lightsaber... only Star Wars Fans can come up with that ^^

9. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Lol. The fans came up with a lot of things that weekend :p That's what made it such fun.

10. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    *goes into memories of charging in near the end of the bridge lightsaber fight*

oh and the Fox was DEFO awesome!! lol i believe Spike has a good pic of that lol!!

and yer if u need help or my number just add me on msn - the addy is in my profile! :)

meeting outside the skate park first sounds good! i need to find out if i have a car for this yet before i can say a time i will be ther :(

i recon tho that we skate first (as we are meeting there), then grab sum food and go cinema. then do some shopping :)

or vice versa on cinema and shopping (tho i think its best to do the former so that everybody sees the film then can go home as and when)

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    I concur with the CR. Skate, food, then we can decide what to do next whilst eating :)

Oh, and this is me in my moderater outfit

[image=http://www.backyardproductions.co.uk/mark/mark.jpg]

12. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    that was a while back...showing you age dude :p

13. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    I still look that young :p

Oil of Ulay - works wonders you know

14. DrPaine

DrPaine Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2007
    lolz ^^

15. lowri1202

lowri1202 Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2008
    hey everyone im new to the boards, sorry didnt say a proper hey to you all before so here it is hey!!! saturdays going to be great, cant wait to meet you all.

16. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    Oil of Olay - works wonders

yer i can tell!! those boots look reli shiny ;p

17. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    ok this is what i suggest.....

we meet up at the front of Skydome Ice Rink at 10:30am on Saturday 19th January

begin with Ice skating which starts at 11 and i believe is £8 for shoe hire etc
    we then go and eat somewhere and have a natter and decide what we are goin to do

after talking to a couple people i suggest we then go shopping and explore coventry for a bit!

cinema times for AvP2 are 8:45 and 9:15 so we can watch it after shopping (for those that wish to) i recon if people want to do this part that we decide when and who and buy tickets while we are still at the Skydome, as its the 2nd day the film will be out!

sound good?

Let me know if there's a problem with 10:30

18. Capt-Hightower

Capt-Hightower Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2008
    hello there

i just joind this forum as i was told about this meet by rebeljediknight_88 so blame him.
    i will be joining you as i am from coventry too

so see you on saterday

Capt-hightower
    (Kev)

19. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    Didn't you used to be a florist? :p

WELCOME! See ya on saturday :D

20. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    ehhh that doesnt make sense?

21. halibut

Aug 27, 2000
    [image=http://www.sportshollywood.com/images/bubba/hightower.jpg]

Hightower from "Police Academy" :p

22. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Obviously before Lil Dave's time, hal ;)

23. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    I'd really love to come but I'm not sure I can afford it. I'd be coming aways, anyone got a sofa I could crash on for a night? [face_peace]

24. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    hello there! your more than welcome to come!

im sure somebody here could help you out or we could think of something!

where are you travelling from?

25. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    Newton Abbot, near Torquay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.