main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary New Year, Time for a Resolution to Get Organized...

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MuttandSolo, Jan 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Yeah, yeah I'm harping again. Well I'm not really this time. I just want to get a discussion going for a January meeting and official talks for getting us organized, since our 1-year anniversary is coming up.

Right now, its looking like the 25th is the best for me. Where do we want to meet?

I was thinking that we could get discussion going at this meeting for a rough draft of a charter of how we are going to operate from here on out. Maybe take nominations for officers and at the February meeting, we have an election and agree on a final draft. This way we get things done, and what a way to celebrate our first year; the dawning of a new age. Then in March we could incite a membership drive; get our name out get people interested and so forth.

And since the DC chapter is blossoming well, we could plan to do more things with them as a group. I know they are tentatively planning a hospital visit sometime in the future. So that would be a good charity event. We could also include them in activities that we plan out, i.e. DC vs. MD at Paintball!

2. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    25th is good for me too.

3. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    How about DC vs. Maryland in laser tag. It is less messy. I think the 25th. is clear for me, but I haven't checked my calendar yet, heh, heh. :D

Mutt is the perfect person for this organizational stuff since he hangs out with the DC crowd as well.

4. mon-mothma

mon-mothma Jedi Master star 2

Mar 7, 2002
    I think we're OK on the 25th.

M.M.

5. Takwolf

Takwolf Jedi Master star 2

May 9, 2002
    But you know "There's nothing like the smell of CO2 in the morning.
    Smells like victory"

25th is good for me
    Tak

6. kasjedi

kasjedi Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2002
    The 25th is good for me.

Where? When?

Muttandsolo - could you bring a preliminary draft of some ideas for organization and make sure we actually discuss it before the meeting is over?

7. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes indeed. I will review the discussions from the past and doing my best to incorporate everyone's ideas, attempt to make a rough draft. At the very least I will have an outline and extensive notes to present with questions to be answered.

In terms of time and place, 1pm seems to be our standard meeting time. I don't think that we will be able to meet at Orangerful's library again on such a short notice (not to mention we haven't seen her presence for quite some time). So I will open for suggestions. Some place new perhaps? I don't mind going to the Annapolis mall, but we've done this several times now and its not conducive to an official discussion.

8. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I'm not sure if this is a good drive for anyone but us, but there's always the Wendy's near the Hoytts in Linthicum. We could have a meeting there and then anyone who wants to could go see a movie (The Two Towers, perhaps?)

This is just a suggestion. There are probably other places around Marland like that, but we had the 5th meeting there and it was pretty nice.

Son of M.M.

9. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, I like the Wendys Idea too. It's fairly big and not very busy.

10. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, Wendy's wasn't so bad. It's never that busy.

11. orangerful

orangerful Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2002
    oh bother. I'll be in Pittsburgh that weekend if plans keep going as they are. That is why I keep missing meetings, I'm always out of town. *sigh* I miss you guys!!!!! The library meeting rooms at all local libraries fill up pretty fast, if you really want to plan ahead you should call around and see who's got open dates in february.

Hope you all have fun. Somebody take notes and post a FULL list of things that happen at this meeting. I feel so left out. :(

toodles

12. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Was that the Hoyts on West Nursery, when we went to see AOTC on film opening weekend? ITs a good drive for me as well, but I am willing, especially if there's interest in seeing a movie afterwards (TTT definite possibility!)

So here we have it:

1pm at Wendys on W. Nursery, near the Hoyts theatre. Movie goers plan for a 3-330pm showtime.

Mogook, do you have a copy of the attendance sheets for all the meetings this last year? PM me and let me know what you have.

13. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    Yeah, I should still have the attendance sheets.

14. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Wow, actual organization is happening before my very eyes! [face_shocked] :) I like this idea as I have not seen TTT yet and would like to see if I like it. Plus I would like to see it with Tolken fans so I can ask questions, seeing how I have not read the books. I will bring my copy of Jedi Unleashed if anyone wants to play while waiting for the movie to begin. I am writing the date down on my SW Day-By-Day. Oh look, today, Dorme gets it. Ouch. DRK_HMLT are you doing the same? Will somebody let Strawbary know so it can go on the front page?

And Mutt quit your wining. No body has to drive as far as I do. ;)

15. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I can send a note to strawbary. But first I wanna make sure the 25th is good for me too.

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Mogook,

Make it so!

17. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    25th sounds good.

18. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I PM'd strawbary and she's posted the meeting details.

19. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    So are we going to incorporate Vader in our plans?

20. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    We should probably discuss that at the meeting, along with the other important business we have.

21. mon-mothma

Mar 7, 2002
    I need an update, please. Are people still planning to attend a showing of The Two Towers immediately following our meeting next Saturday? I have some plans pending and it would be helpful to know so we can decide how best to plan the rest of the day.

Thanks,

M.M.

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, M.M. we are still planning on seeing TTT after the meeting. Look forward to a 3-330 showtime (I haven't researched the showtimes for this Sat. yet so its a rough idea) and TTT is 3 hours long, so you should be tied up with MDFF till 6pm or so.

23. Isbeth

Aug 28, 2001
    Are we going to take the Vader picture at the meeting? We don't wanna keep him too long. Will someone bring a digital camera?

24. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, we'll have to take it this weekend, as I have to pass it to DCGS on the 1st of Feb.

25. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I'm bringing Vader to the meeting. I think Takwolf said he had a digital camera and I think he'll be there at the meeting. But just in case, does anyone else have a digital camera?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.