main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spok, WA New Years/Christmas Party, next meeting

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Eledaia, Dec 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eledaia

Eledaia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2004
    Ok, so since snow hit us over here and made it harder for several people to come over here, let's plan the next meeting in Spokane for New Years. We can do the gift exchange then(since we didn't at our last meeting). This will be our "Holiday" party. So, planning committee, run with it! We need place, time, phone calls, etc!

2. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    Yup.

Okay, here's how tonight's/last night's meeting went:
    It was awesome.
    Everyone who showed up had a great time.
    If not for Nathan, most of those who did show up wouldn't have been able to.

Now, the awesome time that was had throws into sharp focus the need for those of us in the Communications Committee to start taking effective action AT LEAST one week prior to any Event.
    It would have been nice to have been able to share the good time with more people.
    That has always been my perception of our group's main focus.
    We have more than a week.

Everyone who reads this Thread, please Post a reply here letting us know if you are interested/able/unable to make it to this event.

EDIT:
    Just so everyone knows, I am not berating anyone over our organizational shortcomings. I am, after all, just as responsible as anyone else.

3. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    I for one am working on New Years Eve and Day. Also my parents might be coming down that weekend (not sure yet)
    I'l keep everyone posted.

4. The_Cheeser

The_Cheeser Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 16, 2005
    I am interested, but I have no idea yet if I would be able.

Regardless, we do need a place to host such event. I think this and being's interest are equally important.

5. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    It is confirmed that I'm booked the weekend after New Years. If we want to do something the next week or so, I can of course host it.

6. Raph1613

Raph1613 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2004
    And I've been working on that:
    I've tried to contact Reanna, with no success.
    Nathan says that he'd be willing to host it if necessary. We've had meetings there before and he has plenty of room.

Time is a fairly critical one, and doing it on the actual day (Jan. 1st) does not seem likely for anyone.
    Seeing as the days leading up to, and directly following, Christmas are pretty hectic for everyone, we'll most likely have to do this after the New Year. It'll be a tad late, but there is no helping that.
    How do you guys feel about Saturday, Jan 3rd? (I have no idea myself, since I don't even know my schedule for that day, yet)

Everyone, please Post.

7. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Sabrina and I will have faamily over that weekend so we will have to bow out, sorry:_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.