main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Year's ...errr... Life Day plans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    I was just wondering if anyone was interested in getting together for New Year's Eve somewhere. Kelly and I have no plans yet, but I cannot think of a better way to spend it than laughing it up with you guys. I am posting here instead of the other board because I don't want to leave anyone out.

To Any Mod Reading this:
    There may be some mention of consuming beverages here, but I'm hoping that since this is a special circumstance (New Year's) you will let it slide.

2. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    YES. I'm going out to dinner with the family, but after that I can't think of anything more fun than going out with you guys.

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Yeah, this sounds like a really good idea. I can't commit for sure yet, but I'm definitely up for it. I'll try to know for sure within the week.

Jeff

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    You know of course I'll have to be there.

5. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    My place may be available.

I am going to try to convince my wife to have it at our place. It won't be easy, but I think I can convince her.

If anyone has any other suggestions post them.

6. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    For me, personally, I don't have any plans. We're spending Xmas Eve at my parents, Xmas Day between my parents and our house (my first Xmas dinner--yikes!), and Xmas Day evening at my aunts for the annual Balestrieri bash. And somewhere in there, we'll visit Bob's dad.

But as for New Year's, I'm free, but I'll have to ask Bob about that, see if he knows of any plans. Otherwise, I'm game!

The only problem is, both of us work around those holidays, so we might be a little tired. ;) But Bob will be working (we hope) in town both weeks, so that's good at least.

Anyway, I'd love to celebrate the New Year with you guys! :)

7. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    It is a possibility. I have to talk to the couch potato hubby as to whether he is willing to go somewhere or I will go alone.

8. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Wow, Kelly is willing to spend more time with us? Brave woman, your wife is.

New Year's Eve is generally eat nachos from the couch and watch movies night for me. I've done that for the past, oh, fifteen years or so. This sounds like a nice change. Count me in.

9. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Generally speaking, I'm with Catie on this. I'll see if Maureen is up for it--her birthday is Jan. 1st, so I usually let her decide if we're going out or staying in! If she wants to go out, we're in.

Jason

10. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    I don't recall having any plans, I may be wrong. Make us a tenative maybe.

;)

M

11. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    Count me in!

12. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I have a tentative "yes" from Kelly.

I also have an XBOX so we can make it a game party too. If anyone has any extra controllers or games they want to bring along feel free.

We also have a few party type games (Taboo, Pictionary, etc) if anyone is interested. Again, bring along whatever you want.

We will supply some snacks and beverages. Anything you guys can bring along would be appreciated.

This should be a blast!

BTW - I live a couple miles from Chumly's. I will post more detailed directions as the date approaches.

13. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Rather tempting Dan... Would I be allowed to attend? :D

14. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    Of course Mr. Toxic!

:)

15. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Of course, just as I make plans for New Years, you guys plan a party!

My parents are having a party, so I'm allowed a few friends over, but no one's said yes yet, so count me as a tentative.

16. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Okay we've been upgraded to a yes on the party if there is to be one. What can we bring?

The Toiletbutts

17. LauedGiind

LauedGiind Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2002
    I wish I could go but my husband & I will need some time alone before he heads back out to Fort Eustis. I wish everyone fun though.

18. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    I will give you a tentative "yes" Dan. I need to get word from some other people on possible plans here in Mad-Town, but that is sounding like it'd be a $150+ night which is a no-go.

19. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    We would like to come too. I have to work the next day, but I'll worry about that later.

20. A_New_HopeLily

A_New_HopeLily Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2002
  21. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Count me in, too!!

22. jedihexer

jedihexer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 17, 2002
    I for one would like to do something fun and silly with you folk's. If I can make it- I will come!!!!

23. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    If I can figure the logistics, I'm in. Must get back to you but count me as a probably.

24. CaptMereel

CaptMereel Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2002
    I may be able to make it....will keep watching this thread for additional info.

25. Mauler_II

Mar 13, 2002
    I will post directions on the other board. I don't want to broadcast my address to the whole world here.

If anyone can't get to the other board and needs directions send me a PM.

EDIT: OK - the directions are posted. We're figuring around an 8:00 start time. Please send me a PM if you know you are coming so I can at least get a rough count.

Kelly and I will provide limited drink and snacks, so whatever people can bring would be appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.