main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Year's ...errr... Life Day plans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Mauler_II, Dec 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    Devan and I plan to make it.

Phil

2. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    We'll both be there. Let us know what you'd like us to bring. I'm thinking something substantial rather than like doritos...and other necessitys....

M

3. marajoan

marajoan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 3, 2002
    I'm out. This has been a bummer of a week. My favorite aunt died suddenly on Saturday and they couldn't hold the funeral until the day after Christmas. My husband won't drive with me and I just don't have the energy for a lone road trip again. We are staying close to home for New Year's so I wish you all the best and hope to see you soon. Definitely some of you at book club.

4. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear about your aunt, Mara.

5. SySnootles

SySnootles Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Joan, please accept my condolences on your loss.

6. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Mara: You have my sympathy regarding your late aunt.

7. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    So, is it to be Black-Tie attire?

8. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    From Bob and I, our deepest sympathy, Joan... :(

9. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss--I'm sure your aunt is in a much better place! Hang in there!

On a less important note, I can't make it to Dan's either, which totally stinks. I've got to work late and then attend a late dinner that I'd rather not go to. I hope you all have fun--and BE SAFE!

Jason

10. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    As for bringing stuff, I'll bring my Taco Dip, non alcoholic sparkling grape juice (for us kids who don't imbibe), and Sprecher Root Beer (because it's now a staple for me). Is there anything else anyone can think of that we may want?

11. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Dan, I'll see if I can pick up some shrimp. Any preferences on beverages? I can either bring some beer, wine, soda or champagne.

12. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    champagne would be good. I hadn't thought of that.

-duh-

13. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    We'll bring some champagne and beer as well. Probably something to eat though I have no idea what that might be yet. Anyway, see you folks tomorrow!

Oh, should we bring some Xbox games? Someone once mentioned Xbox..we'll bring Halo and controllers or something.

Catie's bringing taco dip...Catie..you rock.

D&M

14. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    I'm bringing Smirnoff Ice just because it's my favorite drink. I may bring some chips too.

15. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Have fun, everyone! I wish I could go, but my parents are throwing a party and I can't get out of it.

Wish I could be there, though.

16. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    Hey Dan, a thought just occurred to me... You don't happen to have felines in the house, do you? ?[face_plain]

Liz, sorry to hear you can't make it and hope you have a good time at the party at your parents house. Hope it's a Happy New Year.

17. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    Bummer, Liz. Have fun at your other party!

18. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I'll just reiterate that I'm definitely coming. And I'll bring something to eat and/or drink. Although I don't know what yet.

19. SySnootles

Apr 13, 2002
    Hey, could we get a quick head count for those of us who are bringing stuff. So we know how much to bring, that is.

I'll be One.

20. Skywalker1138

Skywalker1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    Although we had prior engagements Red05 and I may have the opportunity to stop by. Could someone send me the address where festivities will be held in a PM or e-mail before noon today? I don't post much on the other board.

Thanks!

21. LeiaYT1300

LeiaYT1300 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Catie's bringing taco dip...Catie..you rock.

I'll second that motion! I'm a taco dip junkie! :D

Have fun, everyone! I wish I could go, but my parents are throwing a party and I can't get out of it. Wish I could be there, though.

Let us know if you want us to steal you away, Twisty... ;)

Hey, could be get a quick head count for those of us who are bringing stuff. So we know how much to bring, that is.

I'll be One.

Catie, plus Bob and I make 3. And if Jenni and Kevin show up, that's 5.

Oh, and Jenni, I just sent you directions/address, so it's all good, if you decide to show. :)

Bob and I are bringing homemade Xmas cookies (cardamon crisps, which are especially good with coffee, shortbread with festive sprinkles, olde English cookies with chocolate chips and craisins, and "mounds" bars, with graham cracker, coconut, and chocolate), and some soda. Not sure if we are bringing anything else, but do bring lots of taco dip, Catie (and if you would like, we can bring taco dip to add to yours, since I can eat it all night, but I would never deprive others of taco dip!)! :D

See you there, tonight, everyone! :)

22. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    I'm probably bringing a bottle of Captain Morgan's and a case of coke. Let me know if we need chips or anything and I can probably nab some bags of chips, too.

Jeff

23. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes - there is a cat here.

I also have a couple kids that may be up when you arrive, though they can sleep through a frickin' war so I wouldn't worry about it.

We also have a very dry christmas tree that I planned on burning up at midnight.

Bring all the games and controllers you can - I have an XBOX and N64.

Doesn't The XBOX TTT get released at midnight tonight? Any ideas if we could get it?

24. solo414

Mar 28, 2002
    If anybody wants to feel REALLY good about their ability to play video games, you should definatly play a round with me. I'm horrible. It took me a month to jump the first mushroom in Super Mario Bros. I'm that bad. :) CYA all tonight! I'll probally get there aroun 9ish. :D

25. TheWampas1138

Apr 2, 2002
    Ha! Cannon Fodder! Just kidding..the idea is whack the fire button as quickly as possible and spin around in a circle, doesn't prevent you getting hosed but it certainly adds to the overall chaos and in most games of multiplayer games you get missles and with missles..close enough is good enough.

Our get-there time is up in the air. I'm leaving work at 5 because..I can. And when Dwayne is released from the monkey farm we'll be heading on out there. So basically between like 8:30 and 9:30 ish. See you folks later.

M

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.