main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Years Eve Party

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by Boskone_Kenobi, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    The party will be at my house as I volunteered and you all asked nicely. Cool. Now what I need from you guys is a list of all requested entertainment and who is going to contribute.

I have 2 TVs, one VCR, one DVD, and a PC with all of Dougs MAMEs on it.

Start thinking about voluteering an X box or something. Also a lsit of desired movies and/or is there something good on TV that night?

Now before I forget, DIRECTIONS TO MY HOUSE::::

Corner of Holmes and 12th. I am one block away from that. 615 12th street. If you are on the corner of Holmes and 12th, take 12th towards St. Clair and my house will be on the left.

Distinguishing characteristics, as it is likely to be dark and you wont see the address:::::::

TREE IN FRONT YARD::: Look for a tree in the front wrapped with luminenscent candy canes. Same tree has those icicle lights that fade from red to green to red to green. Only tree like it on all of 12th. I checked. Cant miss it.

MAILBOX is also wrapped in Christmas lights, and my indoor tree can be seen through a bay window. That ought to cover it. All of this is a mere one block away from Holmes and 12th.

Now....
    What time do we start?

2. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Cool Barry, thanks again for having us over.

As for a time, I think last year it was at 7 or so, wasn't it? I guess it just depends how long you want us in your house.

Also, food needs to be mentioned. With that many people, we all need to contribute. And are we going to do the gift game we did last year? I thought that was pretty cool, and fun.

I am going to bring little smokies cooked in some sort of sauce. I am also going to bring Jenny, who went camping with us, if that is alright. She is going to make brownies if she is allowed to come.

3. mater_storm

mater_storm Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2004
    hello it me Shadell. sorry I'v been out
    Now on the topic I have a X-box that I can bring or barrow. However I have only one paddle that is working. I'll see what I can do about that Also here is a list of games I have.

Spider-man 1&2
    SSX tricky(3), snowboard game
    NBA live 2004
    New Legends, China qwest game
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cel, spy game
    Brute Force, 1 person shotter
    Halo 1&2, 1 person shotters
    Star Wars Knights of the old republic, RPG
    Star Wars Jedi Outcast, Qwest game
    Star Wars Jedi Aprentest, Qwest game
    Star Wars BattleFront, War game
    Dead or Alive 1&2&3, One on One Fighting game
    DoA 2 is redone so 2&3 are really good.

Hopefully nothing happen to take me away but if so I well lend the X-box and games out.
    also I have a lot of moives
    and if I can help out in any way let me know

4. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey, Shadell!! Good to hear from you!! We were beginning to wonder what happened to you!!

As far as food for the party - Alan and I will bring the cheese dip and some non-Doritos tortilla chips. I was also going to bring what's left of the snacks we've enjoyed this past year at our meetings. I haven't checked lately, but I think we have sloppy joes and some other things in my freezer. Anyone up for hotdogs or hamburgers? We have those, too. I will also bring that case of Shasta sodas left over from the picnic.

Other than that, we all bring our own drinks, right?

FYI - Last year the party did start at 7:00 pm and ran until 3:30 am!! [face_tired]

5. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Oops! I forgot.....

Barry, do you want me to bring over all the club plates and napkins and stuff? (You know, the stuff we always use at meetings?) Would that help you guys out?

We used all that stuff last year, and the clean-up afterwards was minimal. Just let me know if you want me to bring all that stuff.

6. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Party will run from 7:00pm to about 8:30. That should cover it. ;)
    Please bring the club plates (Valerie hates washing dishes).

7. jedi5150

jedi5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 4, 2000
    Hi all,

First, thanks for the invite! Still not sure what's going on that day (kids and all) but I'm gonna try to make it.

Just to clarify: This party is only from 7pm - 8:30pm?

Thanks!

Doug

8. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Shadell, I am glad you are still around. WE were hoping we didn't scare you off. Please do come to the New Years Eve party, it was so much fun last year.

Doug, I hope you can make it.

Barry, is that really 7pm to 8;30 pm or 8:30 am??

ARe we still going to do the $5 gift exchange like last year? That was a blast too.

9. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Ok, Party shall be to 8:30 AM. Hope that clarifies. ;) (Though I was kidding about the 8:30 part).

10. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    OK...I was REALLY confused....

Well, I have 3 places to be that night...one of which is in costume....so I'll probably stop by for a while, but unfortunately won't be able to stay all night...and the MAME cab is down (broken) so I won't be able to bring it.. :(

11. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    Has everyone who was going to bring food already posted? I would like to compose a master mental list of who is bringing what.

But when in doubt, everyone who hasnt already decided what to bring, you cant go wrong with vegitable trays and boxes of donuts. Beef sausages and cookie dough wouldnt be a bad contribution either.

Now as for entertainment:
    An Xbox (thanks for volunteering)
    A MAME PC (mine)
    Various late night Tv
    And a DVD player, if one of you has something interesting or risque, no harm in trying it out.

I dont have to work the following, so we can party til the dark hours of wee morning.

12. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Thanks, Barry & Valerie, for hosting the party last night. I think everyone had a good time - great turnout!! Food, friends, and festivities were all great!

It was also good to see your new house. Kids and new puppy were cute, as always. [face_batting]

Thanks again for having us!!

13. Boskone_Kenobi

Feb 15, 2002
    I am most thankful that for having about 12 people at one time, there was virtually no mess to speak of at all. Good tidings.

Now we do have some lost and found issues. I have a black baseball hat that says "DAD TO THE BONE." I think it is Lukes, but may be mistaken. Does Luke have an email? Or does anyone here own that hat?

14. jedi5150

Dec 4, 2000
    Thanks all for welcoming me and my boys. It was great to see everyone! Sorry we couldn't stay longer! We still didn't make it to all 3 (I just wasn't in the mood to don Stormtrooper armor).

Barry, I have Luke's phone #. Call me and I'll get it to you...

Happy New Year All! It's 2005: Episode III Year!!!!

T minus 136 days and counting!

Doug

15. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Yes, thank you very much Barry and Valerie. It was a fun night, and I am glad I got to spend it with the club. I hope we all have a very Happy New Year.

Viva H&K.

16. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Yes - I'm glad we didn't trash your house, Barry & Valerie.

As I mentioned above, potluck and paper plates is the way to go!! :)

So, Alan and I, and Barry and Valerie, have paid our "New Year's Eve dues," so to speak. Who's up for hosting it next year?!?! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.